ADVERTISEMENT

OT Did yall see where the Faulkner County deputy shot

rzrbk7777

Starter
Gold Member
May 15, 2003
A 9 pound stray dog that has lived in the neighborhood since she was a pup in a man's front yard b/c the man refused to step out of his house. The former K-9 officer told the guy if he didn't step outside he was going to shoot the little dog. And he did. Clearly, for no other reason than the private citizen refused his demand.

Any police officers on this board, I respect what you do and I know it is often a thankless job. That said, using the term "sir" while being a condescending prick does not make you any less of a condescending prick. I have dealt with some great cops in my lifetime, but I have seen bunches like the little punk that shot the little dog. It's cops like that that make so much of the public dislike cops. Do your profession a favor and police your own people first.

And it wasn’t even the guy’s dog. He shot someone else’s dog to punish a guy that refused to come off of his own property.

That was crazy. I never understood why he was there, was the call related to the dog or some other reason? The worst part was he didn't kill the dog immediately and the little guy was suffering. The cop was a prick, the guy in the house seemed like one as well.

The deputy has been fired...that was quick.

He should have just shot the guy who refused to come out then he would have only been put on paid leave for 6-months or so.
I chuckled. Then I realized that you were 100% correct.

Could barely get through that video, what a POS cop. Did see on the news that the dog survived!

That was crazy. I never understood why he was there, was the call related to the dog or some other reason? The worst part was he didn't kill the dog immediately and the little guy was suffering. The cop was a prick, the guy in the house seemed like one as well.
I havent seen the video, but If he doesnt have to come out, why is he a prick? Cops suck IMO...well other than one guy on this board I know.

Thank god for body cameras. Without a body camera, the cop would have claimed the little 9-pound dog attacked him, that the man in the house threatened him with bodily harm and that he feared for his life, and we would have gotten away with it. Can you imagine any other profession being so untrustworthy that they felt the need to implement 24/7 body surveillance on all employees because the employees repeatedly killed people, planted drugs, etc. and then lied about everything, all of the time?

Cops and attorneys - when you need one, you need a good one, but unfortunately there's a lot of bad ones that give the entire profession a bad name.

Thank god for body cameras. Without a body camera, the cop would have claimed the little 9-pound dog attacked him, that the man in the house threatened him with bodily harm and that he feared for his life, and we would have gotten away with it. Can you imagine any other profession being so untrustworthy that they felt the need to implement 24/7 body surveillance on all employees because the employees repeatedly killed people, planted drugs, etc. and then lied about everything, all of the time?

Cops and attorneys - when you need one, you need a good one, but unfortunately there's a lot of bad ones that give the entire profession a bad name.
Exactly. You ever see a cop give another cop a speeding ticket? They come FLYING down my road for no reason at all, why are they allowed to do that without lights on? Oh that's right, they're not going to get in trouble at all. Who is going to discipline them?

That goes both ways. Lots of thugs out there that claim police brutality when none exists.

This is backwards. The cases the media highlights is a very very small sample of cops. If google is anywhere near accurate, there are a few thousand more than 420k cops across the US. If you add up all the bad cases over the past 5 years, you’d probably be well below 1k, which 1k is 0.25% of total law enforcement. When you think of the really bad cases that garner national/state attention, this number is really small. You can’t make a rash generalization RE: law enforcement over the very few cases highlighted by the media.

The reason I said “backwards” is cops don’t have body cams because they are untrustworthy. It’s moreso because law enforcement agencies know it’s the most reliable way to get the story correct vs. letting it become a media circus/he-said she-said/settled in the court of public opinion.

In this case, the video supported the cop screwed up, so the body cam served the exact purpose it intended - getting the story straight.

Exactly. You ever see a cop give another cop a speeding ticket? They come FLYING down my road for no reason at all, why are they allowed to do that without lights on? Oh that's right, they're not going to get in trouble at all. Who is going to discipline them?

I know what you’re saying, but the reality is we see 100’-1000’s more cases when cops aren’t doing that. Cops just always stand out a lot more than normal traffic because we hold them to a higher standard with their responsibilities for enforcing the laws.

I havent seen the video, but If he doesnt have to come out, why is he a prick? Cops suck IMO...well other than one guy on this board I know.

I'm not sure why the cops were there to start with. The cop was being pretty nice to the guy I thought the guy wasn't cooperating at all. So yes if be was breaking the law he should have came outside. I don't know enough about what was going on. The guy seemed like a prick to me tho. Just because you're inside your home doesn't give you the right to break the law. I'm not even saying he was IDK

I know what you’re saying, but the reality is we see 100’-1000’s more cases when cops aren’t doing that. Cops just always stand out a lot more than normal traffic because we hold them to a higher standard with their responsibilities for enforcing the laws.
It’s hard to prosecute cops. There are two main reasons for this: The first is the special deference that jurors, judges, and prosecutors show officers thanks to the widespread perception that they are heroic public figures valiantly trying to protect us. The second is the bevy of special laws around the country that are designed to shield police officers from the very tactics the police regularly use on ordinary suspects.

Reactions: MR_ARKANSAS
But surely he's full of shit, right?

It depends.

If he's saying there is no such thing as police brutality, absolutely he's full of shit.

There have been plenty of instances where police brutality has been alleged where it didn't happen as well. That's how I read what he was saying...that there are cases where the cops are falsely accused of improper behavior. But I could be wrong.

It’s hard to prosecute cops. There are two main reasons for this: The first is the special deference that jurors, judges, and prosecutors show officers thanks to the widespread perception that they are heroic public figures valiantly trying to protect us. The second is the bevy of special laws around the country that are designed to shield police officers from the very tactics the police regularly use on ordinary suspects.

Add a third reason...when a cop breaks the law, he's investigated by his peers who are predisposed to prove him innocent rather than trying to determine guilt. Thin blue line...

Reactions: MR_ARKANSAS

You can’t really argue that cops have saved/protected A LOT more lives than they have maliciously harmed. It’s not even a discussion.

Are there trash cops? Sure, but again, you’re reacting to the extremely small sample of cops that are publicized for doing bad things. There 420k+ cops that are trying to do their jobs as prescribed.

The same case you are presenting could be pointed at other professions like military personnel. There are bad eggs in the military and cases where innocent people are maliciously killed, but those cases don’t characterize the other honorable soldiers that risk their lives for our freedom.

You don’t hear about the good things cops are doing bc it’s their jobs, but the reality is there are honorable law enforcement personnel and many more risk their lives to do the right things and protect the people than those that don’t.

Reactions: jphall9907
It depends.

If he's saying there is no such thing as police brutality, absolutely he's full of shit.

There have been plenty of instances where police brutality has been alleged where it didn't happen as well. That's how I read what he was saying...that there are cases where the cops are falsely accused of improper behavior. But I could be wrong.
In the early 2000's I was with a "brother" that was a very close friend of mine and I was speeding in Rosston, Arkansas. 50 in a 35 or so. Terrance was rolling with me windows down, music up, twas a great day. Now you have to know, this very cop pulled me over a month earlier and let me go without even looking up my name for running a stop sign. I wasnt a threat to him I guess he thought. He obviously saw T in the passenger seat, rolls up on us and lights & sirens blaring and we pull over. Now I'm sitting there and up comes another cop, why did he radio for backup? I thought. T was telling me to put my hands on the steering wheel, but I laughed it off. I just sat there with my license and registration ready. Next thing I know I've got a gun pointed at my face and he keeps walking towards me yelling for me to "Stick your ****ing hands out the window" As we're handcuffed and put face down on the hood, there is still a pistol pointed at my face and he is shaking like a leaf. One pats us down, other is LOCKED & LOADED and I'm about to shit myself I'm so damn scared.
Why did it escalate like that? Sure, I had a sweet ass truck but the ONLY reason was Terrance was with me that day. They searched my entire truck looking for shit and found nothing. Bastards.

You can’t really argue that cops have saved/protected A LOT more lives than they have maliciously harmed. It’s not even a discussion.

Are there trash cops? Sure, but again, you’re reacting to the extremely small sample of cops that are publicized for doing bad things. There 420k+ cops that are trying to do their jobs as prescribed.

The same case you are presenting could be pointed at other professions like military personnel. There are bad eggs in the military and cases where innocent people are maliciously killed, but those cases don’t characterize the other honorable soldiers that risk their lives for our freedom.

You don’t hear about the good things cops are doing bc it’s their jobs, but the reality is there are honorable law enforcement personnel and many more risk their lives to do the right things and protect the people than those that don’t.
Lol,they do not protect people. That's not their job. Google it & quit being a sheep. They're not heroes.

"Nothing in the language of the Due Process Clause itself requires the State to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens against invasion by private actors."

The thing about it is, there are good cops and bad cops. The problem is, good cops making good decisions don’t make the news.

Case in point, my father in law is a police officer (Captain of patrol for the county) and on his way home hears a call about a domestic disturbance where a guy with mental issues has pulled a knife on his own mom. He responded and was the first one there. As he gets out and sees the guy with the knife he tells the guy to drop the knife. Immediately the guy runs at him with the knife. Now at that point he could have shot him in the chest and wouldn’t have ever been in trouble. Instead he places one shot in the guys thigh disabling him and the guy lives. A little less than a year later I’m helping him campaign for the sheriff when we get to the guys parents house. Naturally my father in law thinks it’s not a good idea for him specifically to knock on that door so I volunteered to do it. Nicest family I’ve ever met and the mom said after the way that situation was handled she would ALWAYS support that sheriff.

On a side note, years earlier me and my now wife stopped by his office to pay a speeding ticket she got. Lady comes in and he introduced us and asked why we were there. After telling her, she says “oh I can get that taken care of!” He explicitly replies, “absolutely not. She broke the law, she needs to be held accountable.” She’s on his auto insurance which of course went up with her ticket. But it didn’t matter. She broke the law, he was not about to abuse his role to get her out of it. So yes there are bad cops, but the good ones outweigh the bad ones. But stories like this rarely make the news.

Reactions: LinHog
There should be higher expectations, period. Both physical and psychological. They should also be compensated better to meet that standard. Teachers are in the same boat not a priority in the scheme of things m, they fall somewhere below refuse collectors. But teachers don’t get shot at.... oh wait.

Reactions: DirkPiggler
Lol,they do not protect people. That's not their job. Google it & quit being a sheep. They're not heroes.

"Nothing in the language of the Due Process Clause itself requires the State to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens against invasion by private actors."

Most police officers do a great job day and night. Many do heroic things and deal with issues most people don’t want to deal with. The bad ones deserve to be severely punished like others in our country that are in positions of trust, IMO.

Finally, people that feel differently or have had a different experience aren’t sheep for that reason. Labeling broadly with regard to any group is lazy and ignorant.

There should be higher expectations, period. Both physical and psychological. They should also be compensated better to meet that standard. Teachers are in the same boat not a priority in the scheme of things m, they fall somewhere below refuse collectors. But teachers don’t get shot at.... oh wait.
Teachers should definitely get paid more.

None exist? Ha

Guess I have to ‘splain it to you.

Not every claim of police brutality is valid. There are citizens who make false claims of police brutality... IOW, citizens makes claims of police brutality when none exists. Get it? Not ever claim is valid.

That body camera protecs both citizens and the police.

It protects citizens when brutality does happen.

And, it protects the Law Enforcement Officiers from false claims of police brutality.

Don’t be a victim to the sensationalizing media.

I’m not sure where you got your bogus definition, but I know if someone that I don’t approve of is either harassing or comes knocking on my door with the intent to harm me or my family, I can call the police and they will come to help diffuse the situation.

It happens thousands of times a week across the country that cops are called to come and help citizens in harm, but if you want to hold your grudge over the few cases you see on TV, Facebook or personally experience when a random cop speeds past you, that’s your prerogative, but it’s an uninformed, rash generalization that’s not supported by facts/statistics.

Reactions: electrichog
A 9 pound stray dog that has lived in the neighborhood since she was a pup in a man's front yard b/c the man refused to step out of his house. The former K-9 officer told the guy if he didn't step outside he was going to shoot the little dog. And he did. Clearly, for no other reason than the private citizen refused his demand.

Any police officers on this board, I respect what you do and I know it is often a thankless job. That said, using the term "sir" while being a condescending prick does not make you any less of a condescending prick. I have dealt with some great cops in my lifetime, but I have seen bunches like the little punk that shot the little dog. It's cops like that that make so much of the public dislike cops. Do your profession a favor and police your own people first.
I dont respect the mother****ers at all..all of them are nothing but tyrants..plain and simple!

Reactions: Wsmfp1013
None exist? Ha
He’s right. Not every incident involving the police and a citizen in involves police brutality. That’s all he’s saying, and he is right.

However, in this particular case, the cop is definitely a punk ass idiot who hopefully goes to jail over this.

The home owner is not completely innocent here, either. He sounds as much like a jerk as this cop. That doesn’t make what the cop did right, though. Both were jerks imo.

It depends.

Guess I have to ‘splain it to you.

Not every claim of police brutality is valid. There are citizens who make false claims of police brutality... IOW, citizens makes claims of police brutality when none exists. Get it? Not ever claim is valid.

That body camera protecs both citizens and the police.

It protects citizens when brutality does happen.

And, it protects the Law Enforcement Officiers from false claims of police brutality.

What makes you think you have to explain to me that not every claim is legit? What you just posted is a far cry from your "Lots of THUGS claim police brutality when NONE EXIST."

Reactions: Woodshed 1914
He’s right. Not every ncident involving the police and a citizen in nvolves police brutality. That’s all he’s saying, and he is right.

However, in this particular case, the cop is definitely a punk ass idiot who hopefully goes to jail over this.

The home owner is not completely innocent here, either. He sounds as much like a jerk as this cop. 5hat doesn’t make what the cop did right, though. Both were jerks imo.

That's not what he said the first time. That's not what I posted is it? Did I say every incident was legit? I didnt so why make that assumption?

Reactions: Woodshed 1914
In the early 2000's I was with a "brother" that was a very close friend of mine and I was speeding in Rosston, Arkansas. 50 in a 35 or so. Terrance was rolling with me windows down, music up, twas a great day. Now you have to know, this very cop pulled me over a month earlier and let me go without even looking up my name for running a stop sign. I wasnt a threat to him I guess he thought. He obviously saw T in the passenger seat, rolls up on us and lights & sirens blaring and we pull over. Now I'm sitting there and up comes another cop, why did he radio for backup? I thought. T was telling me to put my hands on the steering wheel, but I laughed it off. I just sat there with my license and registration ready. Next thing I know I've got a gun pointed at my face and he keeps walking towards me yelling for me to "Stick your ****ing hands out the window" As we're handcuffed and put face down on the hood, there is still a pistol pointed at my face and he is shaking like a leaf. One pats us down, other is LOCKED & LOADED and I'm about to shit myself I'm so damn scared.
Why did it escalate like that? Sure, I had a sweet ass truck but the ONLY reason was Terrance was with me that day. They searched my entire truck looking for shit and found nothing. Bastards.

Rosston...you have to know better than to give those guys an opportunity to stop you. Did they put you in the little one room jail house?

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
Teachers should definitely get paid more.

Teachers will and can get paid better when there is mass reform that reduces the existing fragmentation of resources. There’s 9x teachers vs. law enforcement in the US, and they don’t risk their lives to do their jobs on a daily basis.

If there isn’t a greater demand for the roles or high risk, you won’t see salaries increase. I agree that teachers should get paid more, but I also agree that greater demand needs to be at play before that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT