ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting DL London Simmons has four more official visits set for June

RileyMcFerran

Managing editor
Staff
Mar 30, 2019
Lavaca, AR

Three-star Flowood (Miss.) Hartfield Academy DT London Simmons spent the weekend at Florida State, and before returning back to Mississippi collected an offer from Mike Norvell and the Seminoles' coaches.

Simmons, a 6-foot-3, 290-pound interior defensive lineman, has a family connection to Florida State.

Simmons' mother graduated from Florida State, so adding an offer from the Seminoles carried extra weight in his household.

"It was great getting to know the staff and seeing the facilities," Simmons told Rivals. "When I first arrived, I was greeted by Mike Norvell and the staff. Getting the offer from Florida State is a momentum my mom and I will never forget."

Odell Haggins and the Seminoles have been amping up their efforts with Simmons over the course of the spring.

After finally offering over the weekend, Florida State has cemented itself as a contender with the three-star DT.

"My mom actually played in the band at Florida State so seeing her son receive an offer was a great moment," Simmons started. "I love the atmosphere at Florida State, and I also loved meeting the coaches and talking with them about my journey. Florida State is most certainly high in my recruitment."

"She loved the visit and seeing what has changed since the last time she attended Florida State," he continued. "It’s great knowing that Florida State is my mom’s dream offer for me. It would be cool if I attended the same college as my mom."

Simmons will return to Florida State June 17. He's expected to officially visit Tallahassee in-season.

SIMMONS HAS OFFICIAL VISITS TO N.C. STATE, ALABAMA, ARKANSAS ON DECK​

Simmons has a busy month of June ahead beginning this weekend with an official visit to N.C. State (June 7-9). From there, he will be at Alabama (June 14), Florida State (June 17) and Arkansas (June 21) to round out the summer.

The Wolfpack have come on strong since offering Simmons in the spring. He's ready to give Raleigh a look for the first time.

"I have a very great relationship with NC State," he said. "The coaches greeted me well and they're very genuine. I am looking forward to going down for the first time and seeing Raleigh."

The offer from the Crimson Tide this spring was a needle-mover with Simmons. He views it as the offer that jump-started his recruitment, and he's stoked about his return back to Tuscaloosa.

"Alabama was my first Power 5 offer, which made my recruitment speed up a lot faster," Simmons said. "It’s an honor to be recruited by Alabama and the history behind Alabama. I just got back from visiting 'Bama and they still have a high standard for the staff and players. 'Bama is still 'Bama. I’m looking forward to getting back to visit 'Bama and continue to grow a better relationship with the coaches and the players."

Simmons will hit Fayetteville at the end of June.

"I like the coaches and how they encountered me when they came down to visit me in the spring," he said. "The coaches are cool and me just talking to the coaches every week keeping in touch and them telling me they can’t wait to have me down on my official. I’m looking forward to meeting the coaches and the visit in general because I’ve never been."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News