ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Early Outlook: Arkansas’ chances with top 2025 prospects

jacksoncollier

Hawgbert Financial Expert
Staff
Dec 22, 2018
Little Rock, AR

The 2025 Rivals150 updated Wednesday, and a healthy amount of prospects the Arkansas coaching staff has prioritized appeared near the top of the list.

Razorbacks' head coach John Calipari will have his first opportunity to recruit a full class to Fayetteville with the 2025 class, as he had mere weeks to fill the 2024 class after taking the Arkansas job on April 10, 2024.

Even in a short window, Calipari managed to land three highly-touted prospects in Boogie Fland, Karter Knox, and Billy Richmond, finishing with the No. 5 ranked recruiting class on Rivals.

It remains to be seen what he can do with a full recruiting cycle at Arkansas, but his track record at Kentucky and early comments from top recruits seems to indicate there won't be an issue for the Hall of Famer to attract talent to Fayetteville.

HawgBeat takes a look at six players the Razorbacks' coaching staff is prioritizing and ranks them based on which ones the Hogs have the best chance of landing.

6. Koa Peat​

A versatile and talented wing/forward, Koa Peat is another top prospect who has been connected to Arkansas. While his recruitment has been quiet for the most part, Peat recently completed a visit to Houston.

He is another player Calipari has prioritized since taking the Arkansas job.

“Coach [John] Calipari reached out to me like the next week after he went to Arkansas," Peat told Rivals in mid May. "He just said that he wants me to play for him. He needed a change and he wants me to come on a visit. He had such a great resume at Kentucky, but things happen in basketball. It’s crazy right now.”

Peat added that he will probably take an official visit to Arkansas in the fall, along with Duke and Baylor.

With Arkansas prioritizing Peat, the Razorbacks have a decent shot at landing the Arizona native. The major issue is that his recruitment is wide open with many top tier schools involved, including Arizona, Baylor, Duke, Houston, and North Carolina, on top of Arkansas.

CONTINUE READING HERE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News