ADVERTISEMENT

"Eddie" - a documentary film. 30 for 30?

May 29, 2001
I hope I am not breaking any of the rules over here, but I wanted to let you guys know about a film project a guy in Oklahoma has started working on.

Eddie Sutton is by any standard, a great basketball coach. As an OSU fan, my opinion is he might have singlehandedly saved Oklahoma State from falling to a place like Conference USA. I know he didn't leave Arkansas on the greatest of terms, but he elevated Arkansas basketball. OSU people think he deserves a spot in the Naismith Hall of Fame.

This film will document his history at Arkansas, Kentucky, and OSU. I have met and talked to the director, a guy named Christopher Hunt (www.1577productions.com), and he is talking to people about the film possibly becoming a 30-for-30 episode on ESPN. He released the trailer today:

Anyway, the film is being crowd-funded, and I'm hopeful that there are some Arkansas folks who remember the triplets and the Final Four, and would like to see this project get done before we lose Eddie. If you are one of those, please visit the IndieGoGo site and consider making a donation to help fund the film.

Thanks for reading.

https://igg.me/at/eddiesuttonfilm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT