ADVERTISEMENT

Emergency Meeting - Board of Trustees

jegreenwood

Rumor Accuracy - .01% - Good at Food Recs though
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2017
Fort Boogie, TX
Hearing rumblings of an emergency meeting with the BOT, as well as state and local government, is being set for tomorrow. Their next meeting isn’t scheduled til 16/17of September, but this one was called as a non scheduled meet up.

The meeting is presumably being held, to discuss plans of action for COVID writhing Arkansas athletics and admittance to games/fans. Many things are on the table, as far as things that could/would be implemented with a vote. One, being: vaccination mandate, to where you have to provide proof/copy that you’re fully vaccinated for COVID, to gain entrance to the game or event. As well as mask mandates, capacity numbers, etc.

I will update as I hear more, but thought it was an interesting move this close to the season. As COVID strains continue to effect the state and nation, I figure it was only a matter of time.

https://c.tenor.com/_fkAQXj0cTwAAAAC/mlb-baseball.gif
mlb-baseball.gif

@jegreenwood status= back

I knew the white heads up there would cave. I’m just gonna eat the 4 Texas game tickets I got. It’s an outside event.

Reactions: anon_j0hjgb7us6s1a
Other schools and states have been working on the vax mandate, or have issues done. Oregon, Pregon State, and others. I assume the entire Pac 12 will have a mandate of some sort. It might take the SEC a few weeks to implement anything, since it’s spur of the moment.

Other schools and states have been working on the vax mandate, or have issues done. Oregon, Pregon State, and others. I assume the entire Pac 12 will have a mandate of some sort. It might take the SEC a few weeks to implement anything, since it’s spur of the moment.

They probably should have said something before they put tickets out for sale to the public. But, I guess what the American public doesn’t know, makes them the American public.

They probably should have said something before they put tickets out for sale to the public. But, I guess what the American public doesn’t know, makes them the American public.
When did they go to sale to the public? Feel like it was a while ago, before all this new COVID stuff came about recently. But, I didn’t buy any, so maybe they went on sale last week or something.

So what if I want to take my kids to the game. All under 10...they can’t get vaxxed, so they can’t go?
I’m not sure on that. I imagine it’s like the masks deal, certain age aren’t required. Since 10 year olds can’t get vaccinated I feel like they’d fall in a similar category with the people that didn’t have to wear masks back in the day.

So what if I want to take my kids to the game. All under 10...they can’t get vaxxed, so they can’t go?
I have no clue what they plan to do but the big music festivals are requiring

Proof of vaccination or
Negative test in previous 72 hours.

I can’t imagine there will be a mask mandate. Probably just vaccination or negative test.

Reactions: Donton
Only if you try and make it one.

What isn't political about it? Technically, you can figure out a way to inject college sports into just about any political subject. Duck dude lets em go until they turn against what he thinks. Took a cheap shot the other day in one and then promptly locked the thread. If you are gonna be the board Barney Phife, stay out of the debate.

When did they go to sale to the public? Feel like it was a while ago, before all this new COVID stuff came about recently. But, I didn’t buy any, so maybe they went on sale last week or something.

Maybe 2 months ago. The govt (federal and state) have been pushing everyone to get vaccinated for longer than that. Only seems suiting for BOT, state and local govt getting together tomorrow to discuss it being mandated. Maybe Jewish people can start wearing yellow stars on their clothes to be outside again

Last edited:
Hearing rumblings of an emergency meeting with the BOT, as well as state and local government, is being set for tomorrow. Their next meeting isn’t scheduled til 16/17of September, but this one was called as a non scheduled meet up.

The meeting is presumably being held, to discuss plans of action for COVID writhing Arkansas athletics and admittance to games/fans. Many things are on the table, as far as things that could/would be implemented with a vote. One, being: vaccination mandate, to where you have to provide proof/copy that you’re fully vaccinated for COVID, to gain entrance to the game or event. As well as mask mandates, capacity numbers, etc.

I will update as I hear more, but thought it was an interesting move this close to the season. As COVID strains continue to effect the state and nation, I figure it was only a matter of time.
So “if” you’re vaccinated you can still get the virus? “If” you’re vaccinated you can still spread the virus? So the simple question is, who do they want to protect? Not vaccinated, and never will be, and I don’t need or want the UA or anyone else obstructing my freedom.

Mandates are coming as soon as the FDA approves the Pfizer vaccine. Tomorrow, I think. Book it. Forbes had a story this past week about insurance carriers denying reimbursement for the costs of hospitalization of unvaccinated. They aren’t being made to do that…that’s a straight, cold, calculated business decision. As usual…big business is ahead of da gubament…

Got the Pfizer 4 months ago. Got Covid 10 days ago. Got it no worse or better than my wife who also got Covid but no vax.
A sample size of 1 says it’s not effective on the newer strains.
Not political. Just the fax.
This is it in a nutshell for me. So some some cold hard facts in support of either and I’m on board. There’s no definite either way. I’ve known too many that have been vaccinated and still contracted covid and some seriously ill. I’ve also known several that got the vaccine and are still experiencing adverse affects weeks afterwards.

Got the Pfizer 4 months ago. Got Covid 10 days ago. Got it no worse or better than my wife who also got Covid but no vax.
A sample size of 1 says it’s not effective on the newer strains.
Not political. Just the fax.
Nice logic 🙄🙄
You know my wife and I were in a car wreck. I was wearing my seatbelt, but she wasn’t. I got dinged up a little bit and so did she. Very similar injuries. I guess seatbelts don’t work.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I’ve had probably 11 employees that have had it out of 47 tjst I supervise. Son in law had it and my daughter hasn’t been vaccinated and she didn’t change a thing when he had it. Slept together ate together sat in the same room like nothing going on and not a sniffle.
Also when I wormed my cows with ivermectin I spilled about half gallon down my leg so I’m good. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT