ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN ranks the class #24, the

TOP HOG

All-Conference
Jun 11, 2002
star rating is 18th. So is class rank better or is star rank better. I assume class ranking is more about the number you sign. And star ranking is more about quality. Not signing all the spots on signing day has netted Arkansas some good players later in the year. QB Town, OL Allen and LB Williams. So I see CBB going after some grey shirts from other teams or players that make the grades that were going JC and would have been highly recruited otherwise. So this class probably isn't done. I wish rivals would do class and star rankings. Then an update after summer when some don't make the grades and fall out and later players are added.

star rating is 18th. So is class rank better or is star rank better. I assume class ranking is more about the number you sign. And star ranking is more about quality. Not signing all the spots on signing day has netted Arkansas some good players later in the year. QB Town, OL Allen and LB Williams. So I see CBB going after some grey shirts from other teams or players that make the grades that were going JC and would have been highly recruited otherwise. So this class probably isn't done. I wish rivals would do class and star rankings. Then an update after summer when some don't make the grades and fall out and later players are added.
Well if we beat them on the field that will be our revenge!!! LOL!

Since the different services have the class rankings so varied from each other it all seems kind of subjective to, just the opinions of a few guys throwing around stars in their blogs. The only thing that matters is how they do on the field. I noticed the class was a bit def heavy, but we have been needing some depth there.

Since the different services have the class rankings so varied from each other it all seems kind of subjective to, just the opinions of a few guys throwing around stars in their blogs. The only thing that matters is how they do on the field. I noticed the class was a bit def heavy, but we have been needing some depth there.
I know that we Hog fans have become a bit used to the idea of .....well, the 2-3 Stars we got will play up to a higher level and you know what? It seems we do find diamonds in the rough! So, I say this because what you posted is absolutely correct. I believe there are soo many players that have potential and the services can't point to all of them in the most accurate manner to rate them effectively. It takes a coach and staff trained to see a kids potential from watching tape. Putu was a huge loss imo. Not a 2-star loss but much more. The ones we got, I'm proud to have every one of them. Heck, we may have a higher rated player flop....hope not, but the best one out of the bunch may be one of any of the 21.

The difference between Rivals/Scout at 32 and others in the 24/25 range is keeping Agim and a few others at a Lower star rating. Rivals always gives us fewer 4 stars than other services. The last 5 star I remember from Rivals was Darren McFadden.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT