ADVERTISEMENT

Fayetteville Mayor Receives Award

Why, b/c you say so? Are you an environmental scientist specializing in climate change who has not only found irrefutable proof that the climate is doing something it has never done before, but proof that it is happening b/c of man? Can you pinpoint the cause and back it up with undeniable proof? Hint, undeniable means just that. You claim there is no disputing it. Have you successfully sorted through the myriad of studies, charts, opinions, agendas, facts, misinformation, credentials of researchers, potential bias, political goals, financial motives, etc., while sniffing out all the BS thrown out on both sides while successfully proving and disproving it with truth? If so, bring on your proof that cannot be disputed.

If not, is there any possibility that the political idealogy that you favor has fed you that take and like a good soldier, you swallowed it w/o checking the ingredients first?

Love it when a political ideology can disregard truth when it fits their narrative and can declare something as undeniably true w/o bringing a shred of fact to back it up. How did you prove you aren't doing exactly the same thing you are accusing the other side of doing? You sound like Al Gore, but he burns 2000 gallons of jet fuel at a time as a matter of lifestyle, so you know he's full of crap. What makes you the real deal that he isn't? Gonna take a pretty safe guess you are more parrot than wise old owl.

Other than taxing and regulating the crap out of the things that transport us, keep us warm and cool, build everything we use in life, feed us, allow us to communicate, and is basically the core ingredient to our world economy, what is your plan to fix it? Is there one?

Have you actually read the Paris Climate Accord? Have you seen the staggering costs of it? You do know that things like that always cost many times the original projection? You do know that the projected result of all of that money and sacrifice is is just a very, very slight change in temp over the course of many years don't you? You also realize that projections like that tend to run greatly optimistic compared to actual results? Simply, when the government projects, they always understate the price-by a lot, and overstate the benefit-by a lot. Sounds like a great plan and totally worthy of giving up our way of life over.

Please share your vast knowledge of the subject. I wish to be enlightened too.

Wow you sure went to a lot of trouble for no apparent reason, if you’d read what I wrote without assuming you’d know I was talking about the left, specifically about abortion and transgenders.

Or you could just have asked him how many genders there are considering his angle of science. Especially considering his insensitive term “man made” because we are talking about science after all right?

Apparently I completely skipped over the tranny section of this thread and was unaware that it was here. Hope I didn't accidentally commit a hate crime.

My wife owns numerous horses, mini donkeys, mini cows, pygmy goats, dogs, cats(including barn strays she feeds), and we live on a farm near the lake that has lots of wildlife meander through. Doing a survey of all of that on the gender question, I only count two.

Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
Apparently I completely skipped over the tranny section of this thread and was unaware that it was here. Hope I didn't accidentally commit a hate crime.

My wife owns numerous horses, mini donkeys, mini cows, pygmy goats, dogs, cats(including barn strays she feeds), and we live on a farm near the lake that has lots of wildlife meander through. Doing a survey of all of that on the gender question, I only count two.

Hahaha

How can we ask China to GAF if we don't. Someone has to lead the way, and then we can demand more of others. I like your solution. Elect people like woodworth.
Sounds like Trump and NATO, which freaked out a lot of people

Sounds like Trump and NATO, which freaked out a lot of people

A friend of mind has a farm in the middle of nowhere in SW Missouri. One his neighboring farmer buddies had always taken the oil(when he changed the oil on his equipment) and poured it under the fence row next to his house to kill the grass under the fence. Been doing it for decades. Not enough oil to go more than a few inches into the ground or far enough to affect anything.

Well, a new neighbor saw him and called the EPA. They showed up, called in a couple of backhoes, dump trucks, and a bunch of guys in plastic suits, and dug a huge hole a couple of feet deep and at least 50 feet by 50 feet and sent the dirt to a hazardous waste facility. Between the fine and the cost of removing a big section of his yard, it cost him between 50 and 100k. FOR NOTHING that mattered at all.

Just how absurd do we need to get to impress China that we are trying? My gosh people can be clueless.

Reactions: Doyle55731
A friend of mind has a farm in the middle of nowhere in SW Missouri. One his neighboring farmer buddies had always taken the oil(when he changed the oil on his equipment) and poured it under the fence row next to his house to kill the grass under the fence. Been doing it for decades. Not enough oil to go more than a few inches into the ground or far enough to affect anything.

Well, a new neighbor saw him and called the EPA. They showed up, called in a couple of backhoes, dump trucks, and a bunch of guys in plastic suits, and dug a huge hole a couple of feet deep and at least 50 feet by 50 feet and sent the dirt to a hazardous waste facility. Between the fine and the cost of removing a big section of his yard, it cost him between 50 and 100k. FOR NOTHING that mattered at all.

Just how absurd do we need to get to impress China that we are trying? My gosh people can be clueless.
I was referring to paying the load for all the other nations, but I know all about the EPA and the absurdity. My dad builds muscle cars for a living and I grew up in a huge wrecking yard

Reactions: rzrbk7777
I was referring to paying the load for all the other nations, but I know all about the EPA and the absurdity. My dad builds muscle cars for a living and I grew up in a huge wrecking yard

Your dad builds muscle cars? Does he still? Body work? Engine work? Does he do restomods or back to original? I have a few projects and it is really tough finding quality work at reasonable prices around here. That is really cool. I love old cars but my attention to detail sucks. I have always envied folks that have the talent for it.

Your dad builds muscle cars? Does he still? Body work? Engine work? Does he do restomods or back to original? I have a few projects and it is really tough finding quality work at reasonable prices around here. That is really cool. I love old cars but my attention to detail sucks. I have always envied folks that have the talent for it.
My dad loves chevelles. He had over 600 at one time. He’s retired now but still building cars, he just goes at a little slower pace now. He’s building 2 now. A 64 SS Chevelle and a 64 chevelle wagon. I don’t think he has ever built one for someone else. He just builds em and keeps em or sells em. He sells much more these days.

I am quite sure your friend’s neighbor is not the only one in the world doing that. Therein lies a problem. Round up is not good for you but at least it breaks down.

I am quite sure your friend’s neighbor is not the only one in the world doing that. Therein lies a problem. Round up is not good for you but at least it breaks down.

Bullcrap. That couple of gallons of oil didn't get into anything and completely dissipated to nothing with a few good rains. And no, he was nowhere near any creeks or rivers(as if they would have been harmed anyway). It was simply a "we are in charge and we can destroy you on a whim" deal. They are so used pissing money away, they give no thought to whose money they are pissing this time.

They catch some idiot dumping a 55 gallon drum of oil or chemicals into a river, go get em and throw the book at em. I'm all for that. OTOH, no regard was actually given to whether the poor old farmer was actually doing harm or not. What they did to that poor farmer was cruel, irrational, and just an out of control government entity flexing it's muscles b/c it could. Therein lies the damn problem. The global warming crap is above all, an excuse to make it much, much worse.

Last edited:
My dad loves chevelles. He had over 600 at one time. He’s retired now but still building cars, he just goes at a little slower pace now. He’s building 2 now. A 64 SS Chevelle and a 64 chevelle wagon. I don’t think he has ever built one for someone else. He just builds em and keeps em or sells em. He sells much more these days.

One of my dream cars has always been a 70 SS 396 or 454 Malibu. Sadly, they have gotten out of my price range the last few years. I have a 70 GTO, which is the same basic body style, but for whatever reason, has never been as cool as it's Malibu SS counterpart.

You were a lucky kid. 600? Your dad isn't a collector, he is a Malibu guru. Wow, that is beyond awesome.

One of my dream cars has always been a 70 SS 396 or 454 Malibu. Sadly, they have gotten out of my price range the last few years. I have a 70 GTO, which is the same basic body style, but for whatever reason, has never been as cool as it's Malibu SS counterpart.

You were a lucky kid. 600? Your dad isn't a collector, he is a Malibu guru. Wow, that is beyond awesome.
Yeah. Most of them were parts cars. My summers were spent on the road to car shows and swap meets. Good times. I have a 69 chevelle I drive for fun

Reactions: rzrbk7777
Bullcrap. That couple of gallons of oil didn't get into anything and completely dissipated to nothing with a few good rains. And no, he was nowhere near any creeks or rivers(as if they would have been harmed anyway). It was simply a "we are in charge and we can destroy you on a whim" deal. They are so used pissing money away, they give no thought to whose money they are pissing this time.

They catch some idiot dumping a 55 gallon drum of oil or chemicals into a river, go get em and throw the book at em. I'm all for that. OTOH, no regard was actually given to whether the poor old farmer was actually doing harm or not. What they did to that poor farmer was cruel, irrational, and just an out of control government entity flexing it's muscles b/c it could. Therein lies the damn problem. The global warming crap is above all, an excuse to make it much, much worse.
Someone obviously pissed you off. I agree about the government abusing it’s power. Both sides of the aisle but your “fvck em because it’s not hurting me” attitude is a huge problem. Do what you do, man. I’m not going to get into an argument with someone who will not take a look at everything and decide from there. I’m out.

Someone obviously pissed you off. I agree about the government abusing it’s power. Both sides of the aisle but your “fvck em because it’s not hurting me” attitude is a huge problem. Do what you do, man. I’m not going to get into an argument with someone who will not take a look at everything and decide from there. I’m out.

Gee, looks to me like it's you who says &**(%%$#$ em b/c it's not hurting me. A good and decent man who had worked hard all his life and never did anything to anybody, and was far, far from wealthy, had to mortgage his paid for place to pay the government to leave his yard a torn up mess. You don't seem to give a crap about the abuse of a private citizen by an unelected bunch of bureaucrats. And I am failing to look at everything?

I know what I see that you don't. Exactly what part of "everything" do you see that I don't? You are the hypocrite here, not me.

Because some European bureaucracy says so? The EPA you defended says it’s safe.
My wife and some of our friends study the effects of various chemicals and pollutants in the atmosphere. She hates round up, it’s definitely bad for you but it breaks down.

Bullcrap. That couple of gallons of oil didn't get into anything and completely dissipated to nothing with a few good rains. And no, he was nowhere near any creeks or rivers(as if they would have been harmed anyway). It was simply a "we are in charge and we can destroy you on a whim" deal. They are so used pissing money away, they give no thought to whose money they are pissing this time. thats the best one ever, water breaks down oil, (hydrocarbons), did you skip chemisty?

Great job of posting there Einstein.

To answer your question, yeah, I took chemistry. Did you? Do you know the difference between dissipate and chemical breakdown? Hint: You have already said you don't whether you realize it or not. Allow me to elaborate in more simple terms for you.

If you take say, 8 gallons of water and pour it in with 2 gallons of oil(ten gallons of liquid total), you will have 80% water and 20% oil. You might want to get your calculator at this point.

Now if you take that same two gallons of oil and pour it in with say, 98 gallons of water(100 gallons of liquid), you get 98% water and 2% oil. See the difference?

Now it you go with 998 gallons of water and the same 2 gallons of oil, you get 99.8 % water and only .2% oil.

Here is where it gets interesting. If you took 9998 gallons of water and poured that same 2 gallons of oil in it, you would have real problems finding any signs of oil.

You see, the amount of oil was constant, but as you increase the percentage of water, the affect of the oil has to go down. When you first mix the oil with something that tends to absorb it, say like dirt, then that allows the water to, are you ready for this, dissipate(separate) the oil. You are welcome.

Great job of posting there Einstein.

To answer your question, yeah, I took chemistry. Did you? Do you know the difference between dissipate and chemical breakdown? Hint: You have already said you don't whether you realize it or not. Allow me to elaborate in more simple terms for you. yes. i took chemistry at the Universith of Arkansas Fayetteville. army command and general staff college, water and oil do not mix, you cite wikepedia all day; maybe you should have been with me in Iraq, when the insurgents poured oil into the tigers and euprhates river. didnt see much dissipation, go back and light a candle at your JFB shrine.

If you take say, 8 gallons of water and pour it in with 2 gallons of oil(ten gallons of liquid total), you will have 80% water and 20% oil. You might want to get your calculator at this point.

Now if you take that same two gallons of oil and pour it in with say, 98 gallons of water(100 gallons of liquid), you get 98% water and 2% oil. See the difference?

Now it you go with 998 gallons of water and the same 2 gallons of oil, you get 99.8 % water and only .2% oil.

Here is where it gets interesting. If you took 9998 gallons of water and poured that same 2 gallons of oil in it, you would have real problems finding any signs of oil.

You see, the amount of oil was constant, but as you increase the percentage of water, the affect of the oil has to go down. When you first mix the oil with something that tends to absorb it, say like dirt, then that allows the water to, are you ready for this, dissipate(separate) the oil. You are welcome.

Have great respect for the military. My dad came out of WWII alcoholic and disabled(lost an arm). My uncle died in the same war. Had a cousin who came back from Vietnam a messed up addict.

Since you are such a chemical whiz, tell me, if you pour a few gallons of oil under a fence row and it seeps into the soil, will it repel water in a heavy rain or will the oil soaked dirt be carried off(spread out, dispersed, scattered, whatever term you choose to use) and thus dissapated? Hint, I already know the answer. That is the question for the subject at hand. You are also implying that two gallons of oil in 8 gallons of water is no different than 2 gallons in 1000 gallons of water b/c they don't mix. Which has the most fresh water available and more accessable? Hint, I already know the answer to that too.

Always wondered if there were real life Frank Burns's in the military. I now know the answer.

Have great respect for the military. My dad came out of WWII alcoholic and disabled(lost an arm). My uncle died in the same war. Had a cousin who came back from Vietnam a messed up addict.

Since you are such a chemical whiz, tell me, if you pour a few gallons of oil under a fence row and it seeps into the soil, will it repel water in a heavy rain or will the oil soaked dirt be carried off(spread out, dispersed, scattered, whatever term you choose to use) and thus dissapated? Hint, I already know the answer. That is the question for the subject at hand. You are also implying that two gallons of oil in 8 gallons of water is no different than 2 gallons in 1000 gallons of water b/c they don't mix. Which has the most fresh water available and more accessable? Hint, I already know the answer to that too.

Always wondered if there were real life Frank Burns's in the military. I now know the answer.
You are talking about 2 gallons of oil. You said yourself that he did it twice. Again, he is not the only one that is doing that. That is also not the only thing being dumped into our soil, rivers, lakes, oceans and atmosphere. If we are JUST talking about 2 gallons of oil then you are exactly right. Not a huge problem.

You are talking about 2 gallons of oil. You said yourself that he did it twice. Again, he is not the only one that is doing that. That is also not the only thing being dumped into our soil, rivers, lakes, oceans and atmosphere. If we are JUST talking about 2 gallons of oil then you are exactly right. Not a huge problem.

It was on HIS 300 acres that had been in his family for 3 generations. It wasn't affecting anybody or anything that did not belong to him. What do you think they are putting down when they build parking lots and roads? What do you think asphalt is made of?

You realize the ocean floor secretes more oil naturally than every oil spill combined don't you? Can't regulate it, tax it, fine it, or demand it be stopped, so it's not a big deal. Humans arrogantly want to think they control nature. Many profit from the misguided notion. We don't.

The truth is, when left alone to do it, nature cleans up our messes far better than we do. And wreaks more havoc than we are capable of. The force of nature leaves us huddling in fear just as much today as it did centuries ago. Other than give us advanced warning on storms and hurricanes, we are no more able to control nature's wrath than we ever were. Earth quakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, blizzards, floods, droughts, tornadoes, ice storms, etc., not a thing we can do about any of it. And nobody bothers to pretend we can do anything.

The exception? Global warming/climate change. What makes it unique? It is not obvious. It is not immediate. It is based hugely on the inexact science of speculation and educated guessing.

Because of all of that, it can be used to rally the masses with fear, as well as activists that are in constant search of causes to champion, and elites who need to feel the need to feel they are making a difference. As long as they are exempt from the hardships related to the fix of course.

And last but not least, the politicians who crave money and power through crippling regulations in which they control. Almost unlimited money to be thrown around at almost endless things to which true progress cannot be measured or judged. As long is nothing works, simply blame it on the need for more money and stricter regulations.

Weather isn't cooperating with global warming? Just change it to climate change. Genius. That will fit every weather pattern there is. Need favorable studies? Lots of scientists willing to get on board for anything with enough grant money to carry them to retirement and beyond. Other scientists disagree? Just ignore em. The media loves impending doom and big government. They will back you up and discredit anybody that dares question you.

I tend to look at how the lib elites, from politicians to bureaucrats, from Hollywood elite to dot.com billionaires, are adjusting in real life to the threat of impending global doom. Private jets, giant boats, stables of exotic gas guzzling cars, huge mansions, etc. All the trappings of folks that aren't scared enough to sacrifice their own lifestyles while they call for life altering changes for the commoners.

Can't help it, it makes me skeptical at the very least.

It was on HIS 300 acres that had been in his family for 3 generations. It wasn't affecting anybody or anything that did not belong to him. What do you think they are putting down when they build parking lots and roads? What do you think asphalt is made of?

You realize the ocean floor secretes more oil naturally than every oil spill combined don't you? Can't regulate it, tax it, fine it, or demand it be stopped, so it's not a big deal. Humans arrogantly want to think they control nature. Many profit from the misguided notion. We don't.

The truth is, when left alone to do it, nature cleans up our messes far better than we do. And wreaks more havoc than we are capable of. The force of nature leaves us huddling in fear just as much today as it did centuries ago. Other than give us advanced warning on storms and hurricanes, we are no more able to control nature's wrath than we ever were. Earth quakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, blizzards, floods, droughts, tornadoes, ice storms, etc., not a thing we can do about any of it. And nobody bothers to pretend we can do anything.

The exception? Global warming/climate change. What makes it unique? It is not obvious. It is not immediate. It is based hugely on the inexact science of speculation and educated guessing.

Because of all of that, it can be used to rally the masses with fear, as well as activists that are in constant search of causes to champion, and elites who need to feel the need to feel they are making a difference. As long as they are exempt from the hardships related to the fix of course.

And last but not least, the politicians who crave money and power through crippling regulations in which they control. Almost unlimited money to be thrown around at almost endless things to which true progress cannot be measured or judged. As long is nothing works, simply blame it on the need for more money and stricter regulations.

Weather isn't cooperating with global warming? Just change it to climate change. Genius. That will fit every weather pattern there is. Need favorable studies? Lots of scientists willing to get on board for anything with enough grant money to carry them to retirement and beyond. Other scientists disagree? Just ignore em. The media loves impending doom and big government. They will back you up and discredit anybody that dares question you.

I tend to look at how the lib elites, from politicians to bureaucrats, from Hollywood elite to dot.com billionaires, are adjusting in real life to the threat of impending global doom. Private jets, giant boats, stables of exotic gas guzzling cars, huge mansions, etc. All the trappings of folks that aren't scared enough to sacrifice their own lifestyles while they call for life altering changes for the commoners.

Can't help it, it makes me skeptical at the very least.
So you are saying that we should all say **** it and throw our oil on the ground?

All I’m trying to say is that it doesn’t hurt to do something responsible with our waste. It does more damage than good, I can tell you that. There are scientific facts showing that it hurts. Not guesses. Some may be guessing. Some are unit for the money. Some are in it for power. All I’m saying is we all can be responsible human beings and dispose of waste the way it should be.

fvck, I was in Iraq, when Mr. Hussein dumped oil in the Persian Gulf, water does dissipate oil, you can cut and paste, all the BS you want, from some tech journals, I dont know what you are referring when you say Mr. Burns, Im a retired Army Officer, with multiple combat deployments, . You can kiss my ass, why dont I drive over and kick over your shrine to Frank Broyles.

So you are saying that we should all say **** it and throw our oil on the ground?

All I’m trying to say is that it doesn’t hurt to do something responsible with our waste. It does more damage than good, I can tell you that. There are scientific facts showing that it hurts. Not guesses. Some may be guessing. Some are unit for the money. Some are in it for power. All I’m saying is we all can be responsible human beings and dispose of waste the way it should be.

Is that what you think I'm saying? Is it irresponsible to do what that old farmer did? What was harmed? Nothing. Whose rights did he infringe on? No one's. What harm did he do to the environment? None. Truth is, that old man loved that land more than anybody. He grew up on it and he worked it all his life. He fixed it when it was broken and he cleaned it up when it was dirty. He spent money on it when he had to. He raised his kids on it. It was a huge part of his life. If two gallons of oil under a fence row would have harmed that place, he wouldn't have done it. They forced him to borrow money to pay for something that did him nor anybody else any good.

Sad thing is, the backhoes, dump trucks, and hoards of bureaucrats who drove from all over to make judgements and invoke punishment did more to harm the environment than he did just by coming up there and wrecking his property. Funny you haven't considered that.

Be environmentally conscious. That's a fine thing. Bullying private citizens that have done no harm to anybody is something our government was not ever meant to do. Once you give up your rights for a reason you agree with, you have also given them up in the future for something you don't agree with. Beware of causes that take them from you b/c causes come and go. Freedoms and rights are never given back once you have surrendered them. Once they are gone, they are gone.

Is that what you think I'm saying? Is it irresponsible to do what that old farmer did? What was harmed? Nothing. Whose rights did he infringe on? No one's. What harm did he do to the environment? None. Truth is, that old man loved that land more than anybody. He grew up on it and he worked it all his life. He fixed it when it was broken and he cleaned it up when it was dirty. He spent money on it when he had to. He raised his kids on it. It was a huge part of his life. If two gallons of oil under a fence row would have harmed that place, he wouldn't have done it. They forced him to borrow money to pay for something that did him nor anybody else any good.

Sad thing is, the backhoes, dump trucks, and hoards of bureaucrats who drove from all over to make judgements and invoke punishment did more to harm the environment than he did just by coming up there and wrecking his property. Funny you haven't considered that.

Be environmentally conscious. That's a fine thing. Bullying private citizens that have done no harm to anybody is something our government was not ever meant to do. Once you give up your rights for a reason you agree with, you have also given them up in the future for something you don't agree with. Beware of causes that take them from you b/c causes come and go. Freedoms and rights are never given back once you have surrendered them. Once they are gone, they are gone.
Good lord. You are that farmer aren’t you? You are focusing just on him. You have an agenda and have paid no mind to what I am saying. It is why I didn’t want to get into this with you. You have sucked me in.

Have a great night! Go Hogs!

Good lord. You are that farmer aren’t you? You are focusing just on him. You have an agenda and have paid no mind to what I am saying. It is why I didn’t want to get into this with you. You have sucked me in.

Have a great night! Go Hogs!

Crap no I'm not him. Don't even know him. He is a neighbor of one of my best friends. Nor do I want to be him and that's the point. You basically said screw him, he must made an example of for the freaking greater good(which a bullshit term). I haven't sucked you into a damn thing. I just call BS when folks want to give up my rights for causes they like. Stupid and shortsighted. You have an agenda and you clearly don't give a crap who pays as long as it aint you. Eventually it will be you though. That's how it starts and that's how it ends. History is chocked full of once great countries.

Crap no I'm not him. Don't even know him. He is a neighbor of one of my best friends. Nor do I want to be him and that's the point. You basically said screw him, he must made an example of for the freaking greater good(which a bullshit term). I haven't sucked you into a damn thing. I just call BS when folks want to give up my rights for causes they like. Stupid and shortsighted. You have an agenda and you clearly don't give a crap who pays as long as it aint you. Eventually it will be you though. That's how it starts and that's how it ends. History is chocked full of once great countries.
tenor.gif

lets dump plutonium in your front yard and see if nature will take care of you.

foxtrot uniform charlie kilo- yankee oscar unifrom

BTW, you don't happen to have any of that plutonium that you aren't using do you? After your post I went and looked and we are out. Called Walmart and they don't carry it. Same with Auto Zone. If Walmart don't have it there is no need to even look at Dollar General. Now that you mention it, I would like to have some of it.

Been a long time since we've spread any plutonium in the front yard. We always put game feeders over where we spread it. Within a week, the local wildlife glows at night like living Christmas ornaments. Sure is pretty during the holidays. Amazing for night and varmit hunting too.

Anyway, could you hook a brother up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT