FBI Release Photos of Boston Marathon Suspects

mikedamone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2003
http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-releases-images-2-men-boston-marathon-212445470.html

suspects-boston-marathon-2-jpg_213611.jpg

This post was edited on 4/18 4:48 PM by mikedamone

Well, those photos certainly scream middle-aged white guy mad about taxes.. no doubt about that.
Many people must be even more sad today...

This post was edited on 4/18 5:17 PM by NashvilleTNHog

They certainly look like they could be foreign nationals. One thing I heard an FBI expert say on the news this week is that we have made it so hard for them to do the large scale operations they are known for, and they may be changing their tactics. With a crowd this large and so many people carrying bags, this one was probably pretty simple for them to pull off. Good thing the cameras caught them. Now to find them.

Foreigners. Look at their shoes, the v neck tshirt, and the longish hair with a hat loosely turned backwards. Those dudes are not traditional militant Americans. Very Euro looking.

If the country would get over our weak ass political correctness this wouldn't have happened. PROFILING is the intelligent thing to do. It is the common sense thing to do. If profiling was allowed, no dead innocents. Don't care if that offends a couple of Arabs in attendance. Surely the would understand. If dudes that looked like me were blowing things I would gladly submit to extra scrutiny to make myself and my family more safe.

Originally posted by thetus:
If the country would get over our weak ass political correctness this wouldn't have happened. PROFILING is the intelligent thing to do. It is the common sense thing to do. If profiling was allowed, no dead innocents. Don't care if that offends a couple of Arabs in attendance. Surely the would understand. If dudes that looked like me were blowing things I would gladly submit to extra scrutiny to make myself and my family more safe.
I bet you would

Last time I checked Tim Mc veigh, Eric Rudolph and the Unabomber were not Arab.

Surely with all the cameras going they will find better shots of their faces.

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:
Foreigners. Look at their shoes, the v neck tshirt, and the longish hair with a hat loosely turned backwards. Those dudes are not traditional militant Americans. Very Euro looking.
I've been in Europe too long. They look normal to me and I wouldnt have noticed, but you're right, they do look European.

We live in a vigilante society. Hopefully none of the men pointed out on Facebook yesterday had been strung up from a tree somewhere before the FBI posted the "real" suspects.

Good. Another American in favor of background checks for buying guns.

Originally posted by NEastArkie:

We already have those. Too bad they don't stop the criminals who buy and sell on the streets....

You can background check all you want. I am for more strict checks. If you have been prescribed any pill for a mental illness in the last ten years you shouldn't be able to get one. Those of us who can pass the background check should be able to but 100 ar15s if we are so inclined.

Originally posted by Luke Matheson:

We already have those. Too bad they don't stop the criminals who buy and sell on the streets....
Actually it does, by limiting supply to the middle market.

Originally posted by ermackey:

Not as much as you'd like to think. There are so many weapons out there that they would be impossible to control even with regulations. Even the Vice President has admitted this.

thetus posted on 4/18/2013...

Absolutely this is the US - we ought to not let anyone in this country unless they have business here and are going back - it's too easy for these guys to get around.

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:
Really? My first thought was Mormon...or quaker...

But they don't apply to gun shows. Too big a loophole.

But they don't apply to gun shows. Too big a loophole.
It may not be the case with every gun show, but the ones I have been to you must present your concealed carry permit to purchase at a gun show.

Originally posted by T Mc:
thetus posted on 4/18/2013...

Absolutely this is the US - we ought to not let anyone in this country unless they have business here and are going back - it's too easy for these guys to get around.
I am Australian of course lol. My wife is American and because she had two boys still in school we thought it would be better if we did not uproot them and for me to move here. I have been here for 11 years now (Citizen) but you would have me move back ?.
Should my wife also move back over there also ?. What if Australia had the same thoughts and wouldn't allow her to stay? (It wouldn't as it is even more multicultural then here lol) would we just visit each other on vacations?.

Don't know what gun shows you're going to, but I've never been to a gun show where you had to show your conceal carry permit. Most of the tables don't even run background checks, however there will be some licensed dealers that do. This last gun show at the fairgrounds in Jonesboro my buddy walked up to a table, threw down the cash and walked off with an SKS. All of the ones I've been to have been that way anyway.

I haven't been to one in awhile but yeah the ones they use to host at the county line expo center you could go in and buy guns with out any license. That's been a few years though.

Originally posted by ermackey:

How do you explain a city like Chicago... with such strict gun laws.. having such a high murder rate?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT