ADVERTISEMENT

Five-star power forward schedules fall Arkansas visit

RileyMcFerran

Managing editor
Staff
Mar 30, 2019
Lavaca, AR
Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 9.19.53 AM.png

Head coach John Calipari and the Arkansas basketball team have lined up a fall visit for one of the top 2025 prospects in the country, sources confirmed to HawgBeat.

Gilbert, Arizona, native Koa Peat has scheduled a trip to Fayetteville for Sept. 14, and he is also considering Arizona, Arizona State, Duke, Houston, Michigan, North Carolina and Texas, among others.

A 6-foot-8, 220-pound five-star power forward, Peat has been prioritized by the Razorbacks since Calipari took the job in the offseason.

“Coach [John] Calipari reached out to me like the next week after he went to Arkansas," Peat told Rivals in mid May. "He just said that he wants me to play for him. He needed a change and he wants me to come on a visit. He had such a great resume at Kentucky, but things happen in basketball. It’s crazy right now.”

One of six prospects tabbed by HawgBeat Basketball Recruiting Analyst as recruits to watch for the Hoop Hogs, Peat was named the 2024 Gatorade Player of the Year in Arizona for Perry High School after averaging 20.5 points, 10.6 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.2 blocks per game.

“Koa has a chance to be in the same conversation as [Arizona high school greats and NBA standouts] Mike Bibby and Richard Jefferson one day," Boulder Creek High head coach Justin Collard said. "As of right now, I believe he’s on course to have the greatest high school career of anybody in the history of the state.”

The Razorbacks currently have just one commitment in the class of 2025 in five-star point guard Darius Acuff Jr., so be sure to follow along at The Trough premium message board for updates on all the offseason action.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.