ADVERTISEMENT

Folks, I think the BEAST is awake........

Jun 16, 2011
and I also think a lot of people in the SEC are thinking the same thing..... WOW!! In the coldest rain tonight I enjoyed every minute! What a game!!

#THETEAM

well...actually it was not what I was saying 8 weeks ago when I was so frustrated with sitting in the ATT Stadium watching us lose the way we did. To have such hope through the game only to lose it all in the end. Then I told STLHawg that if we started turing things around I would eat crow. After the Alabama game was when my frustration started turning back to hope again and I posted on here that although we lost to Bama (by one point) I felt we played really really well. THEN last week I complimented CBB, THE TEAM for the awesome win over LSU and I #eatingcrow. And yes I am STILL eating crow and you know is tastes GOOD!!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

#stilleatingdeliciouscrow
This post was edited on 11/22 10:01 PM by Liza-Bleu

I understand your frustration, I'm sure we all do since we felt it ourselves, but even in the losses this year you could see the team was much improved over last year. We live in an age of instant gratification thanks to technology but some things, especially when dealing with people, still take time and patience and rebuilding a torn apart football program is one of them. The interim season after BP's departure and the one season temp JLS just killed our recruiting and left a major mess to be cleaned up. I'm actually surprised they are advancing as fast as they are, wasn't expecting this kind of play until next season myself.

This is so true Count. As I stated to STLHawg back when I was frustrated I usually post on here because I need to hear the positives so they can outweigh the negatives in my head. I love football, especially Razorback football, but I know very little about the mechanisms, rules, strategies, etc. So it does take a little time for me to comprehend the "big picture" and how it is coming together. Part of the reason I come to this board and post. I try my best during the deepest of my frustrations to not be derogatory towards Coaches and players on this board.

I do however quip towards Jeff Long at times because even before the hiring of CBP, I felt he is just here for himself and not the program. His salary doubled just because he HAD to fire CBP. He didn't make the decision to fire him. It was University policy for CBP to be fired, yet he acts and treated as if he is the massiah of AD's. In my opinion JL's best hire is CBB. Not just because of these past two wins but because, and although I was frustrated last year and the beginning of the year, we all witnessed a Head Coach actaully walk out onto the field and check on our players that had been hurt. WOW! I would say to that. You NEVER see that anymore from other Coaches. Back to JL though, he just has not had to prove to us that he can find a top coach. He lucked into CBP (who by all accounts is a great coach, just has some serious off field issues) because BP wanted out desperately from the Falcons. Mike Anderson was an easy hire because Mike has always wanted to come back and the jury is still out on whether that is a good hire for us. CBB was hired because Bret sent him a note applauding his decision (again UofA policy required it) to fire CBP opening the door for Long to get him here and then most recently the hiring of Dykes for the women's bb program. Dykes is a native of Fayetteville has never head coached a top college program. The jury will be out on that hire for a while.

But back to the subject at hand (sorry to ramble on) I am very happy with where the football program is going. I hope we keep CBB for years to come. It just took a little posting here and getting the POSITIVE response back from fellow posters on helping me understand the mechanics and philosophy of the game. :)

When push comes to shove, the state government is the final word for the UA. BP put the state in position to be sued. The UA was ordered to fire BP. The decision was taken away from the UA. All UA employees are state employees. And low level employees at that. Had the UA not fired BP, they were looking at a complete chain of command replacement. Any more sexual favors by any person employed by the UA, will see the removal of the UA president and everyone above that employee in the chain. Remember BP hired his girlfriend over many more qualified persons. Each of those persons could have sued the state.

I think your "a whole lot of people" is a bit of a stretch. I do think that group has been really vocal -- until recently -- but I don't think it is/was really a lot of people at all.

Originally posted by TOP HOG:
When push comes to shove, the state government is the final word for the UA. BP put the state in position to be sued. The UA was ordered to fire BP. The decision was taken away from the UA. All UA employees are state employees. And low level employees at that. Had the UA not fired BP, they were looking at a complete chain of command replacement. Any more sexual favors by any person employed by the UA, will see the removal of the UA president and everyone above that employee in the chain. Remember BP hired his girlfriend over many more qualified persons. Each of those persons could have sued the state.
People were saying what you post (which I agree with) but lawyers were saying that situation could have been handled...

So, you think JL wanted to keep BP and only fired him because he was made to?

I think BP put JL in a very difficult position. I don't think JL had any qualms about firing BP... When you do what BP did.. and LIE about it to your supervisor... you're gone..

Any chance BP had of staying was gone the minute he didn't fess up... Might have been gone anyway.. But, lying finished him off for sure.

No I'm sure Long fired him on BP's morals. I was just saying that he was leaving one way or the other. Even if the UA went to bat for him.

Just to clear up any confusion on Long's invovlement on the Dorrell/Petrino scandal read this from sports illustrated:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2012/04/13/arkansas-records

Either Long knew all along (hurrying the interview process along ) or he is a complete idiot. If he didn't know about it all ( many have said that everyone in the Athletic Department suspected Petrino and Dorrell were in an intimate relationship) then Long isn't a very good administrator for "hurrying" along the interview process devoiding affirmiative action and the ultimate hiring of a candidate that didn't meet the basic required experience and education (that would be Dorrell). Long should have investigated it further. I think BP is a slimeball, I think Miss JD is a whore and I think JL is a money-grubbing, opportunistic infection for this program. PLEASE MICHIGAN HIRE LONG!!!!

Also:

from Businessinsider.com

Long said that in and of itself Petrino's relationship with Dorrell was not against university policy. What IS against university policy is Petrino not disclosing his relationship with Dorrell, a former Arkansas volleyball player, and then using his power and position to give her an advantage in the hiring process when there were well over 100 other qualified candidates for the job, Long added.

Even though Long has "cashed in" on the firing of BP as a difficult decision. He clearly states here that it wasn't HIS decision but a must via university policy.
This post was edited on 11/25 8:42 AM by Liza-Bleu

Where did Long, "He clearly states here that it wasn't HIS decision but a must via university policy. "

He fired Petrino for cause.... He didn't fire him because Petrino didn't win enough games... or because he and Petrino didn't get along personally.. He fired Petrino because violated University Rules.

If he'd have left Dorrell over at the Razorback Foundation, that affair would have been a matter between Petrino and his wife..

I'm pretty sure it is against University policy to be having an affair with a subordinate.... Putting your mistress on payroll was a problem...

From the SI article. what I got out of it was that JL referred it to the people who enforce the rules... That wasn't his call... He did what he should have done. That was their call.. not his. JL didn't authorize Petrino to break the rules...

And, I've seen no evidence that JL knew about the situation before hand.

The reason JL is getting raises is starting to show. Arkansas' overall sports program is on the rise. Grades are on the rise. Players on the police blotters are on the decline. The UA is getting respect for doing things right in their sports program. Except from those with an agenda. Long has done things I didn't like or agree with. But I can't argue with the results. All you have to do is compare him to White. Who took every opportunity to lower the men's program in favor of boosting the women's. Long is raising the entire UA sport's program. I now believe he is a keeper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT