ADVERTISEMENT

For What its Worth Rumors

Smashmouth2004

Starter
Nov 9, 2002
Heard Michael Smith and Chaney might be gone and Randy Shannon move to Florida is not a done deal. Bielema might not be happy with their contribution in recruiting.

You can set your clock to it every year. Let the rumor mill begin, and its always the same ones......I heard a great one but I know it will never be true simply because.......I heard our fan base was finally going to grow up and stop acting like children.......Yeah this is definitely false.

Of course the one Im waiting for which surfaces every year right around this time is how the Hogs are moving to the Big 12.....go ahead and start that one so I can shoot it down as in years past. Oh and Petrino is NOT coming back.

Oh and then there is this one "I heard Arkansas and Arkansas State were going to play" well nope they are not and never will until....READ CAREFULLY.......UNTIL both schools change a few rules that were written into their schools >>BY LAWS

Well, you know what you can do with your comments! It always takes one @ss to think he is so much smarter than everyone else.

Basketball
1987 NIT Arkansas 67 A State 64

It happened with basketball in the NIT, could happen again in the NCAA tournament sometime. Is that no competition thing just for football or does it have an out for the various tournies different sports have?

Originally posted by Count Hogula:

Basketball

It happened with basketball in the NIT, could happen again in the NCAA tournament sometime. Is that no competition thing just for football or does it have an out for the various tournies different sports have?
That meeting in the NIT... Did Arkansas schedule that? Or, did the NIT schedule that?

y'all remember that nit game? their point guard was killing us .....until he got injured late in the game!!! and to this day, i still believe it was a drawn up play by nolan.....to, u kno,.....take him out...lol

Originally posted by razRjag:
You can set your clock to it every year. Let the rumor mill begin, and its always the same ones......I heard a great one but I know it will never be true simply because.......I heard our fan base was finally going to grow up and stop acting like children.......Yeah this is definitely false.
Lighten up Francis....it's just a message board!
eek.r191677.gif

Originally posted by original hambone:

Basketball

That meeting in the NIT... Did Arkansas schedule that? Or, did the NIT schedule that?
I believe it was the first round so it was likely decided by however the NIT seeded their teams, but still, both accepted invites knowing it was possible they might have to play each other.

Ok.. This is for Raz. You know someone was going to do this. Arkansas is going to move to the Big 12. Bobbiy is coming back, but as Arkansas' defensive coordinator. One of Ohio State's QBs is going to transfer to Arkansas ( you heard it here first). On a more serious note, BB needs to get JL to open up the wallet so Arkansas can compete financially for top coaching talent and then keep them when other schools come calling. I'd be pretty happy to have some coaches with great ties in Louisiana, Texas and Florida ( in that order) and Memphis too.

Originally posted by original hambone:

Basketball

I believe it was the first round so it was likely decided by however the NIT seeded their teams, but still, both accepted invites knowing it was possible they might have to play each other.
So, the UofA's policy of not scheduling A-State is still in place and was not a factor in that NIT game...

One game out of how many since 1909 (A-States establishment)? Ok for starters NIT is out of the realm of Arkansas and or Arkansas States control. Neither school scheduled that one now did they........:)

bye bye Chaney...time to upgrade! Who are the other 2 assistants who have not signed their contracts???

Wow give the man a Golf Clap her got a few right. Oh wait nope just one cause Randy Shannon had already shown interest in the Florida job, and well that one was kinda obvious, and Chaney Ill give you that but how many of us actually thought Chaney would be here next year anyway....Michael Smith.......well WRONG WRONG WRONG..........so you get 2 obvious ones right well aint you just MISTER CORRECT.....................PAAAALEASE...............I could throw out 6 and 1 or 2 would be possible.... so seriously...IMAGINE WHAT......Oh you got lucky?????? Golf Clap sir Golf Clap.

Raz, I did respond yesterday but apparently the Mod didn't like my response although I thought it was very civilized. So let me just say, this is a message board where people of like interests post comments and solicit opinions from others. I'm not really sure what caused you to go ballistic and started your rant. Maybe you were hypnotized once and certain words trigger a response although I would have had you cluck like a chicken.

Anyway, please forgive me for engaging in conversation but in the future if you don't like what I say, just move on and don't respond. It doesn't do me or yourself any good and certainly didn't add to the topic.

I totally agree with on the basis of this is a message board, and at not time did I go ballistic. I simply disagreed with your rumors. No big deal. All I was saying is this is the time of the year when all the BS rumors start coming to the surface because alot of these people have nothing better to do than start nonsense. Was in no way a personal attack on you....well maybe just a little lol, but nothing meant to be hateful.

Thing is Smash with all the crap our program has gone through since the HDN childish fans flying banners crap to the childish BS with Cant Keep My Schlong In My Pants Petrino, and all the childish nonsense that happened there ....Seriously as a fan base if we want better then we have to start acting like it, and stop the BS. Rumors are fun if they are based in fact not just pulling something out of your ass or stating the obvious. Nothing Personal man. Have nice off season and Go Hogs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT