ADVERTISEMENT

Four-star DL Reginald Vaughn previews upcoming decision

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021
From Sam Spiegelman

Four-star DL Reginald Vaughn is set to reveal his college decision at the end of this week.

Vaughn, the No. 19-ranked defensive tackle in the country out of Madison (Miss.) Hartfield Academy in Mississippi, will choose from LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Arkansas on Saturday (July 27) at 4 p.m. CT. The decision will be live-streamed on his high school's Instagram account.

As Saturday's decision nears, so does the excitement around Vaughn and his family.

"I was basically led here by God," Vaughn told Rivals as he moves closer to locking in his college commitment.

"My final four schools were chosen based on recruiting longevity as well as relationship building," he added.

Vaughn took an official visit to The Hill in June, which continues to stick out in the back of the defensive lineman's mind.

Sam Pittman and Derek Adams have zeroed in on the 6-foot-2, 270-pound defender this off-season.

"Arkansas has always been welcoming," he said. "They have a good coaching staff."

Ole Miss was quick to forge connections with one of the state's best prospects in the 2025 cycle.

"I've actually connected with all of the defensive coaches over there," Vaughn explained. "Each of them are special in their own right."

Mississippi State has also maintained a consistent presence in this recruitment since the jump.

"The Sip is the Sip," he said.

LSU was among the first major SEC programs to extend an offer to the four-star DT from Mississippi as an underclassman.

"LSU has always shown good hospitality."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.