ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Four-star WR Waden Charles recaps official visit to Arkansas

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019

Arkansas hasn't brought in a ton of wide receivers from the state of Florida in recent years, but the coaching staff is working on bringing in two in the class of 2025.

After gaining the commitment of three-star wide receiver Kamare Williams out of Palm Beach Central, the Razorbacks are targeting his teammate, four-star pass catcher Waden Charles.

Charles recently de-committed from Miami and took an official visit to Arkansas over the weekend with his brother.

"The visit went amazing," Charles said. "Arkansas put on a good showing for me and my brother. They showed me all the perks and all the good things they offer you."

Charles said first-year Arkansas wide receivers coach Ronnie Fouch has been recruiting him since he got to Fayetteville, and he had good things to say about Arkansas' new-look offensive assistants.

"Coach Fouch is a great dude," Charles said. "He just started recruiting me when he got to Arkansas. Ever since then he's done a great job even just letting me know how I'll be used. Showing me how I can fit into the offense.

The Boynton Beach, Florida, native also sees how good first-year Arkansas offensive coordinator Bobby Petrino is at his job.

"Coach Petrino is just a mastermind on the offensive side," Charles said. "He definitely emphasized how I'll be used in this offense. How he will involve me."

While Arkansas has a lot of ground to make up to get Charles into the fold, it helps that he has his teammate Kamare WIlliams working on recruiting him as well.

"It definitely influences me because me and him possibly want to play together in college," Charles said. "We've been playing on the same team for a long time so we have great chemistry. So we have been thinking about South Florida and Arkansas."

Charles also has an official visit to UCF scheduled for June 14. There is currently not a timeline for him to make his college decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News