ADVERTISEMENT

Going or Staying

Hognitall

Letterman
Feb 11, 2003
Any thoughts on those declaring or those staying? I know J Will is gone but havent heard any others yet. I dont think Collins is ready and Coach Jones was saying on the radio out here today that HH is the best TE in the nation but he thinks that he could use another year to get bigger in the weight room to help his blocking on the next level. Thoughts?

GO HOGS!!

Hard to guess what they might do. I think Collins and Henry could use some more seasoning time and of the two it would probably be more likely Henry may stay. I just get a vibe from Collins that he is ready to move on, hope I'm wrong, would be good for him to have another year unhampered with the foot problem that's bothered him this year. I haven't really heard much talk about who all is considering leaving early, but we do have a lot of players on both sides of the ball that are juniors and played very well this season. All I can do is hope they all stay and wish the best to those that don't. Maybe it's a good sign for the Hogs that there hasn't been much leaving early talk going around.

Next year it will be tougher for Collins in the draft because it's suppose to be deep in RB's so this year is probably his best chance. As far as Hunter getting stronger to improve his run blocking, have you watched Witten in Dallas? He is a very soft blocker but we all know how he is at catching the ball. Hunter can get stronger after he makes an NFL team.

Sources on Jonathan Williams? Just asking because per UA website he is returning next year, and no where including ESPN does it say he is entering the draft.

Sources on Jonathan Williams? Just asking because per UA website he is returning next year, and no where including ESPN does it say he is entering the draft.
Clay Henry comes on The Sports Animal every Thursday here in Tulsa during the season and he said yesterday that JW is not coming back that he has said he is leaving. Now...I was in my truck driving and Clay talks real soft while he is on so he might have said "is coming back". If it is on the site that he is coming back......then I probably misunderstood him. If I did.......I apologize. Wasnt trying to start rumors.....LOL

Do you have a link to it on the site?

Henry always talks about degree. If I had any advice to give him, I'd say "go". You don't become #1 in the nation and stay. Who are you Tim Duncan?

3rd round is good enough for Collins.

Based on what Bielema said Collins won't be drafted in the first 3 rounds and will have to fight for an NFL roster spot. Same for Kirkland. I think Kirklands natural position is guard but because of need had to play tackle this year. I think he should come back, play the guard position and improve his draft stock.

As for Collins, his position is more complicated. There are some good RB's coming out this year as well as next year. He did show very good durability but did have fumble issues. Maybe he needs to come back, find out what concerns the NFL scouts have on him, and work on those concerns. Maybe with better RB depth he will be fresher and perform better for those scouts but at least get his degree! If we can still convince Whaley, White or Porter to come and sell them they can run behind Collins and share the load and both be 1000 yd rushers which us a must in the SEC.

I understand these guys wanting to make money but i'd like to see a few changes to the process.
1) make the wait time 4 years instead of 3. This would allow the player to mature physically and mentally.
2) allow players drafted after the third round the option of returning to school
3) When assessing their draft position err on the side of caution. If a player is seen as a third or fourth round prospect tell him fourth so he has a better idea of what could happen on draft day.

ADVERTISEMENT