ADVERTISEMENT

Good story in the ADG today about MA's rebuild of the Hogs ...

Sir Dennis Eeatin-Hog

All-American
Apr 3, 2007
that began 4 years ago. No new details, but good quotes from Georgia HC Mark Fox, Jeff Long, Michael Qualls, and MA. Bob Holt wrote it. No link, because I actually bought a newspaper for like the 2nd time this year.

"Success follows MIke wherever he goes," said Mark Fox.

Qualls touched on the team's growth and how united they are now, "No one is worried about their personal agendas. We're all worried about winning."

Jeff Long had this to say, "I believe Mike will have us consistently competing for SEC championships, and then making the NCAA Tournament and competing for a national championship."

Holt touched on MA's rebuilds at UAB and Mizzou, the APR issues he inherited when he came home and the fact Arkansas is in line for a perfect score the next time they are released, player transfers when he got here, MA getting a contract extension just before SEC play, and the fact that some fans were grumbling after the Hogs failed to make the NCAAT last season.

He wrapped up the piece with this quote from Long, which to me is the key to whole program turnaround: "We talked at the beginning when Mike came here, don't take shortcuts. I assured him, 'You've got the time to build it the right way,' and that's what he's done."

There were other good quotes -- it was not a long feature story -- but it was a nice piece on the rise of the program thanks to MA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.