ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting HawgBeat Big Board Notebook: June 8, 2020

nikkichavanelle

Hall of Fame
Staff
Sep 21, 2014
https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/hawgbeat-2021-target-big-board

This is shaping up to be a big week for Arkansas recruiting with as many as three possible commitments coming up. We already know Raheim Sanders is announcing his decision tonight at 6 pm on his Instagram (@raheimsanders13k) but there are two more with Arkansas FutureCast picks in approaching decisions. Oklahoma running back AJ Green could pop any time and word on the street is OL Devon Manuel could announce mid-week.

That would give Arkansas a full stable of running backs and offensive linemen (although they could take one more if the numbers work out) and although he's listed as an athlete, Sanders would be another skill position addition with receivers hands. Because he'd be an "athlete," Stepp could still take two more receivers.

That'd give Arkansas 11 commits in June, which would be huge with so many kids committing early right now. I also feel like the majority will stay on board because they bought in without game visits, without officials, none of the sexy stuff–just solid communication with the staff. Visits elsewhere could turn some heads later on but if Arkansas shows progress on the field this season, those guys should stay mostly locked in.

I also feel like Lucas Coley could surprise us any time. I know they'll want his help to recruit the rest of the offensive class.

While there were several prospects who cut lists or committed this past week out of Arkansas's offers, none of them were on my big board. Jayden Johnson, DB out of Georgia, is on the board and said a decision is coming soon––the Gamecocks are looking like the leaders there. DB Sirad Bryant cut a top 5 that led me to believe Arkansas wasn't recruiting him very hard (he wasn't on the big board anyway).

Hypothetically, if all three commit this week, Arkansas would add 250 points to their score and jump from No. 49 to tied with Iowa State at No. 31. They'd jump Alabama, Missouri, Miss State and Kentucky.

I've been impressed with what the staff's been able to do so far considering they're new, have virtually no identity to sell and they haven't had many guys on campus. They're not competing for many 4-stars right now but without them having visited, it'd be a pretty tough on them to expect a lot more at the moment.

This class is going to need a lot of good development, it's probably not going to be that stellar on paper but it's far from over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.