ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting HawgBeat Big Board Notebook: May 18, 2020

nikkichavanelle

Hall of Fame
Staff
Sep 21, 2014
https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/hawgbeat-2021-target-big-board

It was a rather big weekend of Arkansas targets cutting lists or committing elsewhere but there weren't many from my big board, which is a more realistic list of targets than the general offer list.

Two linebackers came off the board, Michael Lunz to Arkansas State and Collin Oliver to Oklahoma State. Lunz probably could've been Arkansas's this spring after visiting but he was in a rush to commit apparently and he's not top of the list to fill the other LB spot. Oliver was supposed to visit Arkansas this spring but never got a chance, making the Pokes the de facto winner, for now at least. I replaced those two with just one prospect, Indy CC LB Joko (Jacorius) Willis.

Missouri DE Tobechi Okoli, Jermaine Hamilton-Jordan's teammate, cut a top eight without Arkansas (included Missouri, Georgia, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Nebraska, Michigan and Auburn). Okoli stays on the board for now because I don't think they're done with him just yet. (Btw Auburn offered the day before he released his list so I don't know how hard Arkansas is actually recruiting him)

Louisiana DE Byron Turner included Arkansas in his top 12 with Kansas, Ole Miss, Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Florida, Miss St, Texas, A&M, Baylor and Oklahoma. A pretty nice list for the boot boy with over 30 offers. He's yet to visit Arkansas. He visited Florida, A&M and Baylor before the shutdown.

KeTron Jackson cut his list down to 13, including Arkansas. His list on Twitter had 14 but he said on Instagram that it's actually 13, leaving out Alabama. The list has five Texas schools: SMU, TCU, Baylor, Texas and Texas A&M + Auburn, LSU, Illinois, Colorado, Nebraska, Ole Miss and.... Oregon State? Arkansas is still in great shape with TRON, confidence is high, which may set up some heartbreak.

WR Demetrius Cannon put Arkansas in his top 10 and you can read why here, although the Hogs aren't recruiting him very hard due to more interest in other players.

After doing my JUCO spotlight on him this past week, Isaiah Coe cut a top five that did not include Arkansas but instead Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Memphis, South Carolina and Missouri. I can probably take him off the board at this point since he's set his commitment date for June 5. SC, Missouri and Oklahoma all offered Coe in April so idk if it's Arkansas not recruiting him hard or if he just has no interest in the program but he previously stated he had some interest. I don't have anyone to add to the board at DT for now.

I caught up with Beau Chene (LA) OL Devon Manuel this weekend and he says he's talking to someone on staff at Arkansas at least every other day. He's gained new offers from Michigan State and UCF this month and he's thinking of making a list of his top choices soon, though a commitment is not on the horizon.

MY FUTURECAST UPDATES:

I have Arkansas picks in for Jaedon Wilson, Lucas Coley and Ketron Jackson. I still feel fine about all of those but we don't really know what's going to happen with Coley at this point, though he continues to show Arkansas love. Feel very confident about Jaedon Wilson but Jackson is still being heavily pursued so despite confidence from Arkansas's end, I just don't know how that will shake out.

I'm also putting a new FutureCast pick in today, which you can read about here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News