ADVERTISEMENT

Hello again old foe!!!!!!!!

Ill bite weevilSNATCH......for what reason would any here be traveling to Houston? I know a few places have predicted Arkansas vs Texass in the Texass Bowl, but again there is nothing written in stone just yet, and until I hear it from somewhere other than "orangebloods" which I might add is the one that was 100% certain that Texass was going to the PAC 12, and there was no way A&M would leave Texass and go to the SEC....Yeah so until its reported on actual news and not some Texan spouting off at the mouth Ill pass.

Haha - pretty sure it's official, raz.

Anyone have any info on how the sections are split? Would like to get my tix but want to sit on the right side obviously.

The only place I see it and its still a prediction is SB Nation and FOX, and of course the idiots on orangebloods cant make up their minds one minute its A&M, the next its Arkansas oh and then the pipe dream from hell ...yeah one of them actually though they would have a shot at Alabama.....seriously

Well hell. Aight then NO worries. Its a W for the Razorbacks anyway.......They have conference envy anyway. The two most important teams in their history said "Kiss it", and moved to the SEC, and they had to beg Oklahoma to join the Big 12 just so they could feel relevant.

Go Hogs!!!!!!

Would have rather had West Virginia or Memphis though. Would have been a better game and more of a challenge. Hell would have rather had Oklahoma State than frikkin Texass.......Yeah Yeah I know in its hey day it was the 5th highest rated rivalry in the country, but there are reasons changes are made, and Frank Broyles like him or not saw the nail in the coffin of the SWC, and moved us to a better FUTURE so why in the hell do we keep looking back at a past that has nothing but a dead end with Texass....Dear God will someone please explain this frikkin logic to me.

Sorry, Raz, but frankly. let's get a little better than 6-6 before we complain about sites. Actually, I think it is a better bowl than I expected. Now we need to win the game.

Normally I would agree with you bob, but lets look at this shall we.....Arkansas had the toughest schedule this year period....Arkansas beat #17 LSU, and #8 Ole MIss. exactly what and who has Texas beat this year? ...North Texas...Kansas....Iowa State by 3 points?????.....Oh impressive they beat Texas Tech, West Virginia, and Okie State.....big frikkin whoop...........I would still rather have my Hogs playing the last 2........Oh wait how about a team the Hogs have NEVER played....Penn State?.....Oh No we cant have that......Fine so Texass it is then....Fine time to grab the shovel and dig up the 30 years of HATE for the frikkin Hores......NO PROBLEM!?!?!?!?

Wait 30 years? No No No scratch that I stared hating the Hores in 1972 so its been 42 years of pure unmitigated hate.....No Problem. I wasnt banned from Darryl Royal Stadium for nothing after all. I was banned from that unwashed toilet in 1982 for relieving myself in the middle of the Hore Head on the 50 yard line.

Heck, we could have been thrown into the Birmingham bowl against east Carolina! I take a game against a subpar Texas any day!

Originally posted by razRjag:
Wait 30 years? No No No scratch that I stared hating the Hores in 1972 so its been 42 years of pure unmitigated hate.....No Problem. I wasnt banned from Darryl Royal Stadium for nothing after all. I was banned from that unwashed toilet in 1982 for relieving myself in the middle of the Hore Head on the 50 yard line.
To bad, your hate began about 3 years to late. Ask your older hog friends about 1969.

That was my freshman year at Arkansas. It was one of those games that it was too bad someone had to lose. Unfortunately, Arkansas lost the game, but even so, it was a great game to be a part of in some small way. Texas was always opponent worthy of respect and, in fact, probably won about 2/3 of the games played vs Arkansas... which is why most of us hate Texas and why I would love to see Texas and Arkansas play every year. Revenge is a power incentive and every victory over Texas is sweet. My two favorite teams are Arkansas and the team that beats Texas in any given week. I think Texas is going to feel the sting of battle again soon if this Texas Bowl comes to fruition. I'd like to see Arkansas in a better bowl and Texas fans would rather go to a better bowl too, but for a lot of reasons this bowl game will do for this year. BB and the boys better get tuned into how much hate they need in their hearts to properly pay homage to the past rivalery. Thanks for the safe travels wishes. I hate you Texas, but I respect you. I don't remember a lot of cheating going on, but rather a lot of hard nosed football being played. Giddy up. Good luck. See you In Houston.

For everyone else...this should be an pretty easy win for Arkansas. We're awful this year. Just rush our QB every play and he'll gift your defense 2-3 TDs. Have a safe trip for those driving down to Houston.
This post was edited on 12/8 7:23 AM by hookem

For raz

This post was edited on 12/8 7:23 AM by hookem

help you so desperately need

Should be a good game, there is no such thing as automatic wins. We'll have to play a whole game and try to not make the kinds of mistakes that cost us in some close games this season, plus, we have a history of not playing well in bowl games, but it's been long enough since we've been to one that maybe the team will be more focused than they've seemed to be in past bowls.

LOL Good one Hookem. Dont take offense here but I really wanted our team to play someone they have never played to be honest. Penn St. would have been a better choice for the Hogs, but thats just my opinion. Yet again Im warming up to the idea of seeing the Hogs -n- Horns on the field again. I do miss the game, and in a way I wish they would make The Hogs-n-Horns the yearly Southwest Classic, because lets face it in the Ole SWC it pretty much always came down to either Arkansas, Texas, or A&M for the SWC Championship. So yes I was a bit upset last night especially with the basketball team dropping one to Clemson, but upon reflection it should be a good game, and I would truly like the Southwest Classic game to be changed to the Hogs playing the Horns, and bring back that #5 rated rivalry back to life, and it was 5th only to Michigan-Ohio State, USC-Notre Dame, Auburn-Alabama, Oklahoma-Nebraska, and then Arkansas-Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT