ADVERTISEMENT

HOGS are #25 in the CBS poll

We beat one of next 3 teams and we deserved to be ranked. Until then I'll stay grounded and content with progress....

This coming weekend vs TAMU is going to be the real barometer. I knew we would never be ready in time for the Aubies because it usually takes a few weeks to get guys liked up in the correct places and all of that; however, it looks as though we should be all set now to play a whole game against a very high quality opponent. I just want to see four quarters of hard hitting. No loafs. I'm concerned their QB is going to carve up our pass D like Thanksgiving Ham; Hill will probably look like a surgeon. If the Hogs keep the three yards and a cloud of dust thing going strong we'll make a game of it. Our guys need to get some hate in their hearts and get after 'em. I hope the will be our signature game and win for the year.

With the game being on CBS they must have done that so they can advertise it as a game between two ranked teams. If we can pull off the upset then I think we will deserve to be ranked, but we haven't really earned it yet.

Probably right. HOGS barely receiving votes in other polls. Coaches poll still has NIU above Arkansas.

Really wish they wouldnt have done that. I feel we did well against Aubie, and then clearly annihilated a lesser opponent Nicholls, played a almost complete game against a very good Tech and won convincingly, and then played a more balanced game against NIU, but 25th? I was really hoping they would wait to rank us if we were to beat A&M this weekend. I feel alot better about our chances against A&M, and Alabama this year but to rank us this early I think is a little premature. I'm happy they have impressed people, but I think they put the cart before the horse. I hope I'm wrong and they are seeing something I'm not ............

Go Hogs

I could have read it wrong. It was the first one to top 25 us in the combined poll. Anyway as more come in Arkansas is up to #22. With a high of #7 to a low of #59.

See Link.

It is CBS power poll. If you click on the team it gives the chances of winning. HOGS have a 20% chance. Predicted score aTm 42 - HOGS 31.

ADVERTISEMENT