ADVERTISEMENT

Hot Springs Razorback Report

guitardoc

Letterman
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2005
Hot Springs
Cliff notes from the Razorback Club Meeting in Hot Springs:

1. Coach B stopped by St Vincents before the meeting to see a big hog fan just recently diagnosed with leukemia and getting his first dose of chemo yesterday. I saw him up there while rounding on some patients.
2. Spoke for about 20-25min.......mainly boilerplate, typical coach speak. Seems really high on Froholdt. Says he's 6'6 312 now and is more than holding his own when going up against Ragnow yesterday during one on one drills. Also seems very high on the Reed kid (WR). Very fast w/ great hands. I didn't get the impression that he expected Jo Jo to get more touches than Reed. He was very vague about Jo Jo.
3. I was a little surprised when he told how the Willie Sykes thing went down.......mainly in that the La kid that was committed to us "decided to go in another direction at the end"...( I thought we backed off him?).. They didn't bring Sykes in earlier only because they didn't think they had a spot for him (probably the KJ spot they were holding or Toby's spot?). When the La kid decided to go to UCF (I think), they called up Sykes and gave him a "visual tour with an Iphone" and he ended up committing to us sight unseen.
4. When asked about his windbreaker fetish at games, he said it started at Iowa. He wore it his first 2 games and they won. It was hot on the 3rd game and he was coaxed into taking it off. They lost. He's worn one ever since no matter what the weather is.

That was about it. He will be in Tulsa tonight for another meeting..............it's also his and Jen's 3rd anniversary tonight. He promised here he would take her someplace special on all of their anniversaries/birthdays. He hopes she likes BBQ and Catfish at the Razorback meeting
happy.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News