ADVERTISEMENT

HOW ABOUT A TEXAS COACH !

Apr 25, 2006
Please. My personal preference. I just feel we have left our best recruiting ground over the years and need that Texas flavor. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
A college coach must be able to do two things.

1. Recruit
2. Once you get the recruit, you turn them in to real players /men. (develop)

Just for the sake of recruiting I don't think we need a Texas coach. May be we need multiple recruiter to create those bonds with Texas Highschool coaches.

They are out there if you want one. Not a mystery to recruit a high school coach that could perform exactly what I propose. Also, I'm an old SWC guy and IMO we are losing good players every year by not doing as I have suggested. Fertile ground and many pipelines that could lead to the Ozark Hills.
Get a couple from Florida , a couple from Georgia and a couple from other states. Whatever.... Then Recruit the heck out of LA and Tx.

Last edited:
Ya know Im hearing all this ass whining about getting Texas coach to recruit texas....Hummmm just my OP but I'd say by looking that the roster for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 for this staff to not be able to recruit Texas there sure are several and I do MEAN several Texans on this team as recruits imagine that. Plus the ones from Florida, Alabama (that someone here that started this thread) was whining about that last year. damn do you ashats ever stop your bitching?

Texas recruitting approach has left the hogs where we have been stuck for the past 40 years. I'm personally open to trying something different. What the program had been doing for decades hasn't worked

We must recruit the Dallas area, and a 100 mile radius around it, extremely extremely hard. What's the point of playing in Jerry world every year if we are not trying to build pipelines into every school in the DFW area. They should be able to pull a really good player or two out of there every year.

We must recruit the Dallas area, and a 100 mile radius around it, extremely extremely hard. What's the point of playing in Jerry world every year if we are not trying to build pipelines into every school in the DFW area. They should be able to pull a really good player or two out of there every year.
Exactly!

ADVERTISEMENT