ADVERTISEMENT

How Will Anderson Ever Handle This Situation??

mikedamone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2003
The guy obviously has no idea how to overcome the loss of star players and build a consistent program.

At UAB he went to the Sweet 16. Then he lost his two senior leading scorers.

How could he ever catch lightning in a bottle there again with those scrubs returning?

Oh, went to the NCAAT the next two years.

At Mizzou, his best team was his Elite 8 squad his third year. They lost their top 3 scorers, over 50%, including a first round pick.

Don't tell me that a bunch of 3 stars like Denman, English and Bowers who just averaged 6, 6 and 3 ppg would develop and buy into the system and take the next step. 3 star Michael Dixon wouldn't be able to come in and contribute.

Wait, what? That bunch of leftovers were coached up to two straight NCAAT appearances?

At Arkansas it was doom and gloom after BJ and Powell left. Leading scorers. Only guys on the team that averaged more than 7 ppg. Even our fifth leading scorer (HM) gave up on the program and left.

No way that Madden could actually develop into a decent player. No way that 3 star dunker Qualls could make the next step. Could a highly touted freshman be counted on?

We got better.

You guys go ahead and freak out about sub .500 seasons. There are a few folks that were so disappointed they didn't get their "I told you so's" in this season, that this is their day of victory.

We aren't going to win the NCAAT next year. We aren't an Elite 8 caliber team like we could've been. But I'm not going to freak out about this inevitable huge step back that's coming. Our coach has dealt with this before. He kept things going when everyone here would've bet he couldn't have. I'll trust real results over you pitching a fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News