ADVERTISEMENT

If today is any indicator, it's not good news for the SEC.

Maybe, still a lot of games to be played. TCU took a page from Arkansas on playing OM. On defense attack Bo and you stop their offense. On offense run right at them until they stack the box, then pass. They are fast but undersized. MSU looks like they are still down from not making the playoff. LSU was coaching for refusing to kick FGs when they had chances. I don't think we will be hearing from Stoops any time soon.

I never thought Ole Miss would beat TCU but I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as it was, and LSU was iffy, some games they play well and others they don't. MSU put up some fight but I agree, they just didn't look like they really wanted to be there.

Originally posted by Count Hogula:

I never thought Ole Miss would beat TCU but I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as it was, and LSU was iffy, some games they play well and others they don't. MSU put up some fight but I agree, they just didn't look like they really wanted to be there.
Actually, it looked like MSU got their butts kicked by a better team.

You should be more concerned about Oregon than GT and MSU. MSU was flat, I've seen them play better during the regular season.

Mississippi State couldn't stop the Triple Option. It had nothing to do with being flat. Georgia Tech ran for 440 yards last night, ran for 400 yards against Georgia and ran for 330 yards against my Noles. Last night night was not a fluke.

This post was edited on 1/1 12:53 PM by SchmidtyNole

After today I would say the luster is off the SECW. It also looks like there will be even more drop off next year, in the west. If the HOGS can move foward another step, they should have a fighting chance to be in the mix. Arkansas needs a couple more WRs and a QB to step up. They have to have another QB ready when BA gets hurt. To win a couple of the close games, they need 2 WRs that are better than any that played this year. A new punter is coming and hopefully the freshman kicker got his grades up enough to play. Arkansas needs to win at least 4 SEC games and all OOC games to show improvement. The schedule will be a little easier and a few of the SECW teams should fall off a little. Eight regular season wins should be the worst the HOGS do. I don't see much better because they will be relying on several young/new guys for depth. Arkansas needs to have a good finish on this year's recruiting class.

The SEC West is still King of college football.
Has been for a while... will be for a while.

tO$U, oregon, tcu, baylor,fsu, whoever goes 9-3 yearly in the SECW.

We'll have some big shoes to fill on defense too, but we do have that top dual threat QB that redshirted this season, hope he lives up to his hype. If some of the incoming recruits can contribute right away on defense, hopefully giving us some needed depth there, I think we can make a push for the conference title next year, but will still be relying on a number of redshirt and true freshmen which keeps the confidence from getting too high, but, we seem to be setting up to be solid for the foreseeable future.

Oh here we go "Doom and Gloom", come on guys one bad bowl season does not spell the doom of the SEC. TCU had a statement to make for not being chosen to be in the final 4. Yes Ohio State beat Bama big whoop Ohio State will not come close to Oregon. Ohio State is about to be embarrassed by Oregon, worse than Ole Miss got at the hands of TCU. Lets be honest TCU should have been in the final 4 period, and Ole Miss had no business being in that bowl game with them. That bowl game should have been Baylor and Ole Miss. Auburn ....well Im still laughing my ass off....couldnt have happened to a better bunch of jerks. OK there is a reason we call them Misstake.....nough said.......now LSU well not the LSU of the last few years are they..........Alabama just thought they had it won and quit playing. Had Bama kept it up there is no way in hell the Criminals from Ohio even come close to winning that game.....but it happened so it is......

People from top to bottom the SEC is the strongest and best conference in CFB, and everyone knows it, and thats why they are walking around boasting and running their chops because they actually think they accomplished something when in reality if any of these teams had to play in the SEC they would not be where they are today and that is fact. Let see here Big 10 - 3 teams worth a crap Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Ohio State - 3 teams out of 14........ACC - Florida State, Clemson.....2 out of 12?........Big 12.......usually Oklahoma, Texas, but now TCU and Baylor....so 2 out of 10.......Pac 12..........well Oregon....1 out of 12. and then the SEC hummmmmmmm 12 teams .....all but 1 in a bowl game every year..........think about that on a yearly basis 11 out of 12 teams from the SEC are in bowl games every year, and half od those are in the big bowl games EVERY YEAR...this can not be said for the others now can it. SO let them have their day big deal the SEC has had it for the last 6 years, and the SEC will have it again next year.

Go Hogs........................Go SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ga . Tech is a fine program with a tough offense and a great coach and they deserve props for winning, that being said, Miss. State was not prepared and everyone but schmidty is smart enough to know that when a team falls from playoff contention to playing in a meaningless bowl they tend to be down and their effort reflects that fact.

SEC still 2nd in the bowl games. The 7 wins ties for most bowl wins in a season for the SEC. I agree with GA Tech, they are old school throwbacks.

This post was edited on 1/3 10:51 PM by TOP HOG

Originally posted by SchmidtyNole:
Mississippi State couldn't stop the Triple Option. It had nothing to do with being flat. Georgia Tech ran for 440 yards last night, ran for 400 yards against Georgia and ran for 330 yards against my Noles. Last night night was not a fluke.

This post was edited on 1/1 12:53 PM by SchmidtyNole
Hard to prepare for the Triple Option without a DC in place. MSU's DC Geoff Collins had accepted the DC position at UF so was not at MSU during those critical bowl practices. Not to mention the deflation of not only fallling out of playoff contention in the last game of the season, but losing that game to your arch-rival. GT may have won the game anyway because it is a dynamic offense, but I suspect MSU would have putup a much better showing if they had won the Egg Bowl (and not made the playoffs) and had their DC.

Dread

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT