ADVERTISEMENT

In spite of the loss, I havr to say...

SnoopHawg

Letterman
Jun 6, 2010
I love Beliema football. This is not a slow pound it out team. This team has speed and power. We are developing a passing game that compliments the running game. This team has come along faster than anyone of us could have dreamed of last year. We are going to be very dangerous for years to come.

I agree, hope we pick up some depth on the def backfield from recruiting, need to be able to keep some fresh and skilled players in the whole game against all these pass happy teams.

I agree. Our problem is not our offense, but the defense. Although they played very good Saturday, the lapses on those deep passes can't be overlooked. I heard great things about Coley but where is he? At times it looks like we only have 1 or 2 LB's in the game.

Mental mistakes in Bielema's second year can no longer be tolerated and he needs to make changes even if it means benching someone. A&M did not beat us Saturday, mental mistakes did!

Originally posted by Alex0393:
You could be talking about me because I've always held the notion that Petrino is ten times the coach Beliema is and nothing has happened to change my mind. Top is not talking about me because I've never been banned from this or any other board nor have I ever posted under any other name. He may think he is but he isn't.

It's hilarious however how you guys are ready to anoint Beliema some kind of savior when he's in the midst of a 14 game SEC losing streak. Granted only 10 of the losses are his - LOL.
Sure, we look better than last year but we had no where to go but up after Long was stupid enough to fire Petrino. We've been a laughing stock ever since.
But before you go anointing Bret the chosen one, you may want to let him actually win ONE SEC game first. LOL

Petrino won 8 games his second year (and any Hog fan knows we got screwed at Florida and it should have been 9), then he went on a tear the likes of which we haven't seen in 35 years.
Anybody think we win 8 this year, 10 next year or 11 the year after that? I'll happily take all wagers of those who think that way while I'm waiting for Beliema's 21-5 run. I won't be holding my breath though.
sleepy.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 9/30 1:44 PM by UTRIP UMP

Sorry Colonel, but Petrino is a POS. He looked every Razorback fan in the eye and lied. He put the UofA in a very bad spot by hiring his mistress. He put the Razorback's in a very bad light by being caught on camera saying f you to the opposing coach and refusing to shake his hand after the game. Petrino is a scum bag POS and he had to go. The over whelming majority of us on this site have moved on from the Petrino era, and so should you.
This post was edited on 9/30 1:46 PM by UTRIP UMP

While I fully admit I have read some posts by Razorback fans (here and elsewhere) who must be drinking doctored-up kool-aid, I am not one of those folks that has anointed CBB. By the same token, even before CBP was fired I had not yet anointed him either -- albeit he has come closer than anyone else in recent times. Well before CBP crashed his motorcycle with his mistress on the back, I had major concerns about him being able to sustain his latest football success. Despite having two stellar seasons, his recruiting was not improving but rather heading downward. It almost seemed as if word had gotten out that although CBP was an offensive genius, he was for all intents and purposes a d!ck to people. While us fans could overlook that with CBP, it seems recruits and their parents didn't trust him despite his success on the field. Perhaps that is why Ellis Johnson left Arkansas after less than a month as the Razorbacks' DC. After reading some stories about how CBP treated some of his assistants here, it seems possible Ellis quickly realized he'd made a mistake and actively looked for a way out. Between CBP's lackluster recruiting and inablility to "play well" with assistant coaches (especially defensive ones) I was not convinced he was going to be able to sustain his last two years of success here.

While some of CBB's early struggled can be attributed to the team lacking SEC-talented players at several positions (especially defensive ones), not all that falls on CBP. Some of it falls on "coach" (and I use that term lightly) John L. Smith and his staff. For obvious reasons, they had little reason to put the time and effort into recruiting. And on top of that, JLS instilled no discipline or accountability in the players during his time, and that was surely counter-productive as well.

At this point, I am cautiously optimistic about where CBB has the program is headed. We played and beat TT and NIU like a good SEC team would have, and we played well for three quarters against TAMU. How this team responds in its next couple games will say a lot about this team (and coaching staff) and where they are headed.

Colonel, I certainly agree with one thing you said...

we need to end that conference losing streak and do it soon. That being said, I hardly think anyone considers us a laughing stock. I'm old school (and an old man) so I love this physical, "somebody just hit somebody" style of football. It's nice having three running backs that can take it to the house on any given play and also being able to throw it when needed. Sure, I loved the Petrino years but he dug his own grave and I've moved on. CBB is the man now and we've got a lot of fun years ahead. Better get on the bandwagon now! Woo Pig Sooiee!

One thing is different. The west division is twice as tough as it was 3-7 years ago. Yes bp is a terrific offensive coach but has acted like a jerk and I honestly never cared ffor his lack of personality. The foul mouth he showed on national tv was a bit embarrassing. I am happy with or new coach. I'm old school. Probably boring to some, but I love it. Go hogs!

Coach B has this team going in the right direction. Colonel i respect your opinion but I totally disagree with you. The only thing Coach Petrino has over Coach B is he is the play caller, he is a offense mind. Yes he did it when he had the talent on the team to run the offense he runs. After Tyler Wilson left who would have been the quarterback Brandon Allen. Also our schedule does not include Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt all weak teams from the East. So Coach B has had a tougher road than Coach Petrino. I wish our fans get behind Coach B because the players have the right attitude and work ethic to succeed. To hear how people were treated while Coach P was hear is terrible. Glad he is gone, this why we lost players from our state. Look at all the players staying home now.

Originally posted by hogfan1964:

Sorry Colonel, but Petrino is a POS. He looked every Razorback fan in the eye and lied. He put the UofA in a very bad spot by hiring his mistress. He put the Razorback's in a very bad light by being caught on camera saying f you to the opposing coach and refusing to shake his hand after the game. Petrino is a scum bag POS and he had to go. The over whelming majority of us on this site have moved on from the Petrino era, and so should you. Go join the Louisville site and worship him over there, we have a new coach who actually has character
You can have the character pal. I prefer the wins, the prestige and the ranking that come along with not being the President of the Nice Guys finish last club. After 10 years with a Boy Scout for a coach I was thrilled to have a coach with some fire in his belly. That POS as you call him is the most successful coach we've had on our sidelines in 40 years and was the best chance to see a title in my lifetime. Instead I got the first winless conference season in my lifetime.

Thanks for the offer to be a Cardinal fan but I did not grow up nor attend Louisville, I attended the UofA and only wished my school had half the dedication to winning that others do.

But what the hell, 14 game SEC losing streaks are fun too, right?
embarassed.r191677.gif

I'm with you. I do think CBB should be left alone until he has had a chance to build his team. Attacking him for his first year and blaming him for the record under JLS is wrong. Folks that talk him down, seem to use the 2012 and 2013 combined records. He is only 5 games into his 2nd season with about 50% of his team. Offense is in it's 2nd year. The defense is 5 games old for the players and coaches. Getting on them is like kicking a 3 year old girl in the head. Most fans are just now seeing the direction this team is going. Same folks did the same with MA for the last 3 years. Well MA is now ready to take you on with his 2 year winning record vs UK. Home and on the road. Reminds me of the curly headed fan on Major League. Some of you are taking the fun out of watching the team grow up. Really ya'll should go back to the political boards with your left and right hating. If you don't like what is going on, get up and walk out of the theater; instead of screaming fire. We are trying to enjoy our entertainment.

Originally posted by Colonel Porker:
Originally posted by Alex0393:
You could be talking about me because I've always held the notion that Petrino is ten times the coach Beliema is and nothing has happened to change my mind. Top is not talking about me because I've never been banned from this or any other board nor have I ever posted under any other name. He may think he is but he isn't.

It's hilarious however how you guys are ready to anoint Beliema some kind of savior when he's in the midst of a 14 game SEC losing streak. Granted only 10 of the losses are his - LOL.
Sure, we look better than last year but we had no where to go but up after Petrino was stupid enough to hire his mistress. We've been a laughing stock ever since.
But before you go anointing Bret the chosen one, you may want to let him actually win ONE SEC game first. LOL

Petrino won 8 games his second year (and any Hog fan knows we got screwed at Florida and it should have been 9), then he went on a tear the likes of which we haven't seen in 35 years.
Anybody think we win 8 this year, 10 next year or 11 the year after that? I'll happily take all wagers of those who think that way while I'm waiting for Beliema's 21-5 run. I won't be holding my breath though.
sleepy.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 9/30 1:44 PM by UTRIP UMP
Fixed it for you.

All CBB needs to do is finish 2nd in the SECW to be ahead of BP. BP is not the best coach the past 40 years by far. His only claim is 21 wins over a 2 year period out of 4 years. The 5 losses are not even close to Holtz or Hatfield over a 2 year period. Holtz, Hatfield, Ford and Nutt all are listed as championship winners at some level. Other than Ford, the rest are mutiple champions. Nutt holds the highest scoring record in a season with the team BP inheirted. BP does hold the record for most points given up in a season. BP never finished above 3rd in the SECW. How do you get from 3rd in the west to NC? You are skipping about 4 steps there. Holtz finished 3rd in the nation by pounding a heavy favorite OU team in the Orange bowl, while missing 3 starters. He also received a NC from 1 poll. Both Holtz and Hatfield have a higher winning percentage over a longer period. Both lost less than 5 games multiple times over a 2 year period. So it's not BP by the record book, it's not BP by championships and it's not BP by the polls. So how is BP the best coach over the past 40 years? Everywhere I look it has a different coach and none are BP. He don't even get his hat in the ring.

None of us know, at the present time, how good BB will be as the Razorback HC. Only time will tell. I think we all know walked into a real goat fufu. Trying to fight our way up from the bottom in the SEC W is going to take tremendous effort by all hands for a sustained period. I like what I see so far. Heartbreaking loss vs TAMU. That game should have been BB's signature win as a Razorback. The Hogs choked and lost it in typical fashion though. They must learn to win those kinds of games. I think the Hogs can win three more games this season, but they have to play every down like it is the last one they will ever play.

Originally posted by TOP HOG:
All CBB needs to do is finish 2nd in the SECW to be ahead of BP. BP is not the best coach the past 40 years by far. His only claim is 21 wins over a 2 year period out of 4 years. The 5 losses are not even close to Holtz or Hatfield over a 2 year period. Holtz, Hatfield, Ford and Nutt all are listed as championship winners at some level. Other than Ford, the rest are mutiple champions. Nutt holds the highest scoring record in a season with the team BP inheirted. BP does hold the record for most points given up in a season. BP never finished above 3rd in the SECW. How do you get from 3rd in the west to NC? You are skipping about 4 steps there. Holtz finished 3rd in the nation by pounding a heavy favorite OU team in the Orange bowl, while missing 3 starters. He also received a NC from 1 poll. Both Holtz and Hatfield have a higher winning percentage over a longer period. Both lost less than 5 games multiple times over a 2 year period. So it's not BP by the record book, it's not BP by championships and it's not BP by the polls. So how is BP the best coach over the past 40 years? Everywhere I look it has a different coach and none are BP. He don't even get his hat in the ring.
I agree but there are a few folks that have an irrational emotional attachment to BP...

They love his offense because it's exciting, but they never noticed or cared that his defense was getting worse and worse each year from a lack of quality recruits. BP was only interested in recruiting for his offense and trying to score more points than the other team than having a good defense that could keep the opponent from scoring. Every game was becoming a shootout and even the rent-a-wins were moving the ball and scoring on us.

ADVERTISEMENT