ADVERTISEMENT

Intellectual Elitist College administrators gone wild

HTHog

Scott Fountain Fan Club
Apr 30, 2018
Watch out, the intellectual elite going to try to turn this country into a geek fest.

• Haha
Reactions: hawgn02
Nothing like status-driven egomaniacs destroying the fabric of what makes life worth living. Status, like ego, is an illusion. We are all protuberances of the universe, nothing more.

Nothing like status-driven egomaniacs destroying the fabric of what makes life worth living. Status, like ego, is an illusion. We are all protuberances of the universe, nothing more.

tenor.gif

Watch out, the intellectual elite going to try to turn this country into a geek fest.

Those people are, dare I say it, re-tard-ed in a disgustingly educated way.

Why are the dumbest people in higher ed? Sign of the times ol boy. At least you’ll be able to cash in that social security soon. I’ll never see mine
Cause when you’re a lob, it doesn’t take talent to succeed. All u have to do is be fake and not use ur brain, not have any original or new ideas, and certainly not challenge their authority and you’ll be fine. That’s actually pretty damn easy to do.

I’ve read people on here for college football leaving the “corrupt NCAA.”

It’s only a matter of time before football and basketball resemble the European club model.

At the risk sounding like a major ahole: this is nothing but a bunch of jealous nerds that have never been good at anything but school. These sports programs bring opportunity to thousands of kids a year that otherwise never would have been able to afford college. Bring in millions of dollars for the schools, and give them an infinite amount of recognition. Not to mention the diversity among the student population, which they claim they want (lies).
They're jealous the athletes get the attention. That's the whole reason behind this. A bunch of jealous, petulant nerds. It's perfectly representative of this bullshit society we live in. Both over-educated and painfully stupid at the same time.

At the risk sounding like a major ahole: this is nothing but a bunch of jealous nerds that have never been good at anything but school. These sports programs bring opportunity to thousands of kids a year that otherwise never would have been able to afford college. Bring in millions of dollars for the schools, and give them an infinite amount of recognition. Not to mention the diversity among the student population, which they claim they want (lies).
They're jealous the athletes get the attention. That's the whole reason behind this. A bunch of jealous, petulant nerds. It's perfectly representative of this bullshit society we live in. Both over-educated and painfully stupid at the same time.
This man knows his shit

Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
Was about to post this exact thing.

Maybe these nerds will get their wish in the end with the rising tide of inflation. Nobody seems to care how much money this country is spending, which will effect everything eventually.
When you have a tenured position what the hell do you care what the economy does? You're going to get yours regardless. There's no incentive there.

When you have a tenured position what the hell do you care what the economy does? You're going to get yours regardless. There's no incentive there.

These are becoming increasingly rare and are part of a split in academia between administration and faculty / aspiring faculty. Administration wastes a ton of money on essentially nothing and excessive Deans. Its particularly rich that institutions in the article mention athletics as costing too much when administrative salary is way too high. In addition, treating college like a country club is more detrimental to academic purity than athletics.

As far as Arkansas goes, we have faculty that get arrested at football games, so good luck restricting athletics.

Two words our present government hates: Incentive and Responsibility. They remove any incentive to work, by paying you more to sit on your ass, and the more irresponsible you are, the more government benefits they'll offer. They'll never be happy til everyone is dependent on the government to take care of them, from cradle to grave. Some day the responsible will shrug, and the whole thing will collapse.

maybe delete the political stuff so an interesting thread can stay on the trough instead of essentially killing it by moving it to the GB.

thanks.
She could have just deleted my post, and left the thread. Mine was the only one that was political, and for that I humbly apologize. Come on Nikki, delete mine then restore the original post.

She could have just deleted my post, and left the thread. Mine was the only one that was political, and for that I humbly apologize. Come on Nikki, delete mine then restore the original post.
Maybe her Dad is a Dean somewhere so she wanted it gone?

Well since we can't have nice things, I am going to provide a somewhat related historical account that anyone can feel free to use on Jeopardy someday. This will also likely kill what's left of the thread.

In the late 1890s, as college football proliferated, it came under more and more intense scrutiny due to substantial injury. For example, in 1897 across the nation there were 126 major injuries, 23 injuries classified as maiming (such as a player being trampled), and 13 killed in football games. The Georgia state legislature that year passed a bill to ban football, though I'm not sure if it was signed into law. In Arkansas Daniel Webster Jones became the first state governor to try to ban football from the state's universities. He wrote a letter to the UA president, "I think the game of football as now played is a brutal sport, fraught with much danger to those playing it and, altogether out of harmony with a proper educational system.. in my opinion, the higher civilization we profess is entirely inconsistent with the toleration of such a game." He was responding to a national outcry, but nothing specifically within the state.

The Ivy League schools, where football's powerhouses resided, began calling for the banning as well. Harvard leading the way. That outcry led to the eventual formation of the NCAA, originally named the Inter-Collegiate Athletic Association, prodded on by Theodore Roosevelt after an intervention into the brutality by calling representatives of Harvard, Yale (Walter Camp), and Princeton to the White House in 1905.

ADVERTISEMENT