ADVERTISEMENT

JunkyardHawg, Let's Talk Hoops

A

anon_tmdio4dg73n6j

@JunkyardHawg

Thoughts on today's game versus Oral Roberts? I liked the way we never gave up. Down 10 at the break, but our guys didn't flinch. A 12 point win after our offensive woes is encouraging imo. 58 rebounds is crazy in the college game. We put on a show on the boards with Desi and J Smith each notching points-rebounds double doubles.

Moses with another quiet 18 points. If only he had that Mason Jones scoring mindset, but being Mr. Fundamental will work for me.

Devo is still coming along and has seemingly passed KK for now. The way Oral Roberts played small ball and got out and ran tells me this just wasn't the game for Vanover. When he does play, I'd like to see us try to run the offense through him more often.

Hoping we get Kamani Johnson at midseason, our forward depth behind Smith and Vanover could be concerning come conference play. Vance is just cursed as a guard in a forward's body, and at this point, we have to assume Ethan will only get in if absolutely necessary.

Reactions: JunkyardHawg
Agree with your entire post.

KK Flashed some today and looked like he had a ton more confidence. Hopefully he continues to climb. I'm all on board with Devo, we are loaded at guard and should be for the next couple years.

I'm torn on Moses. He's my favorite player and i, selfishly, want to keep him around for two years. He just does so many things well. He is a tremendous rebounder for his size. Hard to believe we had close to sixty boards today.

Not sure how the game thread was over here but you saw it on TOS. People ragging Justin Smith. I just don't get it. He's the only banger we have. He has accepted his role and just killing it on the offensive glass. I've said it before, i don't like him yanking the three ball but i'll give it to him because he does so much else. Did he come out of the game today at all? Maybe once?

We saw today that we can go with an array of different lineups. CV makes the team slower. Against a smaller, quicker team he actually hurt us today. I still think he has a big role this year. SEC play will be physical. i think we see some JWill as well.

Overall, i wanted to see a game where we were challenged and we got that today. Great half time adjustments by Muss. We pushed the tempo, played much better defensively and didn't prioritize the three in the second half. Took it to the hole and wore them down and got the

Agree with your entire post.

KK Flashed some today and looked like he had a ton more confidence. Hopefully he continues to climb. I'm all on board with Devo, we are loaded at guard and should be for the next couple years.

I'm torn on Moses. He's my favorite player and i, selfishly, want to keep him around for two years. He just does so many things well. He is a tremendous rebounder for his size. Hard to believe we had close to sixty boards today.

Not sure how the game thread was over here but you saw it on TOS. People ragging Justin Smith. I just don't get it. He's the only banger we have. He has accepted his role and just killing it on the offensive glass. I've said it before, i don't like him yanking the three ball but i'll give it to him because he does so much else. Did he come out of the game today at all? Maybe once?

We saw today that we can go with an array of different lineups. CV makes the team slower. Against a smaller, quicker team he actually hurt us today. I still think he has a big role this year. SEC play will be physical. i think we see some JWill as well.

Overall, i wanted to see a game where we were challenged and we got that today. Great half time adjustments by Muss. We pushed the tempo, played much better defensively and didn't prioritize the three in the second half. Took it to the hole and wore them down and got the
I think Smith’s only issue currently is shot selection. Don’t mind him taking the three, but he needs to only do so when wide open. Contested jump shots just aren’t him.

Agree with everything else. Encouraging that we had to finally face some adversity and managed to overcome it.

I feel good with the core four: Desi, Tate, Moody, and Smith. Vanover and Notae’s roles will fluctuate based on who we’re playing.

The 7th guy, Vance, has been somewhat disappointing compared to what I thought he would be. Though, if he has a nice 20 point game at some point, I might change my tune pretty quickly. If not, wouldn’t be surprised to see Jaylin overtake him here soon.

Then 8/9 it’s clear Devo and KK are battling to make their presence felt. Not sure how much either get to play as we get into conference play, but it’s hard not to be excited about their future.

Tomorrow should be a good test
Indeed it was.

Very encouraged by the resiliency of this team to perform like that without their head coach. Against a very quality team no less! It answered a lot of questions for me regarding our team’s mental toughness and composure. David Patrick did a phenomenal job filling in. Nice to have a head coach caliber leader in an assistant role. He and Muss have different strengths it seems, but both know how to get the best out of the team. Doubt we hold on to DP long before he gets his shot.

Desi is a dog. Afraid to say Moses is our very first 1 and done. Not much else to say.

Big road test at Auburn coming up. We’ll find out a lot more about this team in the coming weeks. I’m excited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT