ADVERTISEMENT

Lady 'backs kneeling during national anthem and Jim supporting them...

Jessica Jackson posted on twitter how this country has always been bad a while back, she deleted it pretty quickly though. It's a shame that sports used to bring people closer and now this.

Reactions: hawgclucker
This is a free country - I disagree with their opinion but am thrilled we live in a country where by God they are free to express it. As for Dykes did he say he agreed with their opinion or merely their right to express it? If the latter then good for him.

God bless the United States and the FREEDOMS we all enjoy including the freedom to protest.

This should have been over before it started. JL should have let al the coaches know that this will not be tolerated at Arkansas. Personally I'm done. This is as disrespectful as it gets and I hope the fans at Arkansas say enough. Just cancelled my trip this weekend and I want be back until JL apologizes to the fans. Until then piss off. Shut the whole damn athletic dept. down for all I care. By the way kiss my ass Jimmy Dykes!

The freedom to express oneself carries consequences.

Sure it does....
This should have been over before it started. JL should have let al the coaches know that this will not be tolerated at Arkansas. Personally I'm done. This is as disrespectful as it gets and I hope the fans at Arkansas say enough. Just cancelled my trip this weekend and I want be back until JL apologizes to the fans. Until then piss off. Shut the whole damn athletic dept. down for all I care. By the way kiss my ass Jimmy Dykes!

The right to freedom of expression will not be tolerated?

Reactions: Jim_Lahey

Cool story bruh.

When you have lost numerous family members fighting for these fvcks it's a real slap in the face. I have the freedom to call out the protesters and any scum that supports them. Piss off!

I've had several family members serve and a nephew serving now. They have served to protect freedoms - not limit them.

You definitely have the right to call out protestors, but Jeff Long doesn't have the ability to tell Jimmy Dykes, Bret Bielema, or any other coach/player that freedom of expression will "not be tolerated." If you think he does you need a civics 101 lesson.

This is a free country - I disagree with their opinion but am thrilled we live in a country where by God they are free to express it. As for Dykes did he say he agreed with their opinion or merely their right to express it? If the latter then good for him.

God bless the United States and the FREEDOMS we all enjoy including the freedom to protest.
Yes, you are free to do as you wish and you are free to suffer the consequences. I hope public pressure results in the loss of scholarships for these young women who should know better.

Yall sure feel some type of way about this, and are very harsh. I wonder if the feelings would be the same if this was the baseball team. Those kids have the right to express themselves, just like you have the right to go off on this board. Like it or not, they still have the right. I have a 14 year old daughter and it was a great teaching moment for her. Oh and by the way, her cousin is one of the girls kneeling. She looks up to her cousin and wants to play on the Razorback softball team, but I think I might have to push her to another school with thoughts like this. Oh and before you say something about the military, I am military and I have lost more brothers than you can ever imagine.

Yall sure feel some type of way about this, and are very harsh. I wonder if the feelings would be the same if this was the baseball team. Those kids have the right to express themselves, just like you have the right to go off on this board. Like it or not, they still have the right. I have a 14 year old daughter and it was a great teaching moment for her. Oh and by the way, her cousin is one of the girls kneeling. She looks up to her cousin and wants to play on the Razorback softball team, but I think I might have to push her to another school with thoughts like this. Oh and before you say something about the military, I am military and I have lost more brothers than you can ever imagine.

I don't care if it's baseball, basketball or football. If a football player decided to do it tomorrow I will walk out and never donate another dollar or buy another ticket. I've talked to several more this morning that will do the same

So you mention Baseball why? I would feel the same if it were those young men kneeling.

Yes, would not change my feelings one bit about it.

Does this bother others as much as it does me? I was a big fan of jimmy but now I really couldn't give a rip about the women's basketball program in general now...
Dykes lost a lot of Razorback support and fans adding me to the list respecting his players opinions OVER respecting our nations anthem and flag. Please Coach Mike Anderson, Do not allow our Razorback basketball players to act in this manner. I certainly will not be a fan of any team that allows a player to kneel during the National Anthem.Stand up and respect the very flag that allows your freedom or not dress out policy!! It shows a coach doesn't have the BALLS to have control of his team. It bothers me to no end not respecting our nations flag! Damn! Biting my tongue!

Last edited:
This is Jeff Long's statement.

University of Arkansas Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long

In this country, we value everyone’s right to voice their opinions and views. University campuses are places of learning and thus places where differences of opinion and varying perspectives are recognized. We respect the rights of our student-athletes and all individuals to express themselves on important issues in our nation.

We will continue to encourage our student-athletes to engage in constructive conversations with their peers, coaches, support staff and administrators to raise awareness of varying backgrounds and life experiences and to develop understanding among conflicting points of view.

We will also continue to support our student-athletes in all areas of their education, community engagement, career and personal development.

When you have lost numerous family members fighting for these fvcks it's a real slap in the face. I have the freedom to call out the protesters and any scum that supports them. Piss off!
I have and lost a grandfather I never met due to his military service but still agree it's each person's freedom to protest. It doesn't mean that's the approach I would take but it's their right and my grandfather died to ensure we all had those rights.

I've had several family members serve and a nephew serving now. They have served to protect freedoms - not limit them.

You definitely have the right to call out protestors, but Jeff Long doesn't have the ability to tell Jimmy Dykes, Bret Bielema, or any other coach/player that freedom of expression will "not be tolerated." If you think he does you need a civics 101 lesson.

Agreed. People with that mentality are the main reason these protest are needed. THankfully times have began to change. No telling how they would express their "right to call out protestors" had things not changed.

Because you guys are putting this on Dykes, would Van Horn be treated the same way? I just wonder if its because Dykes isn't winning. I know for a fact yall would be all over BB, because most cant stand him anyway.

Because you guys are putting this on Dykes, would Van Horn be treated the same way? I just wonder if its because Dykes isn't winning. I know for a fact yall would be all over BB, because most cant stand him anyway.
I don't like it in any sport!! U haven't seen my Dallas Cowboys protesting. I would flip out on them also.

One of these days these guys will realize they are supporting a very small minority with issues like homosexuality and kneeling. That's not smart in the entertainment business. I understand standing up for what you believe in, but going out of your way to make a huge majority like your program less doesn't make much sense to me.

I just want to know why you are flipping out? Why is this so disrespectful to you?
They are protesting over lost lives. Where are the protests when a person not of color is murdered? This is very disrespectful to kneel during the national anthem. If they don't care for it, they can leave, won't bother me. Those women scholarships should be stripped.

Jimmy is going to be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't on this.
But more one way than the other. Lets be honest about that one. Right?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the donation office and also Jeff's office hearing him talk to JD about this.

BTW, what has taking a knee done for anyone so far in furthering their rights? Just curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT