ADVERTISEMENT

Football LIVE UPDATES+VIDEO: Sam Pittman Mississippi State week opening presser

That’s what Washington has done against leach and beat him every year
____________________________ Blair______________________Slusher
Busta_____________Foucha______Pool____________Catalon_____________Brooks___________Jacobs
_____________________Soli________________Marshall_____________Coates

Reactions: schawg2011
____________________________ Blair______________________Slusher
Busta_____________Foucha______Pool____________Catalon_____________Brooks___________Jacobs
_____________________Soli________________Marshall_____________Coates
Essentially two corners on each side, 2 deep safeties, two thumpers in the middle (one who can cover).

Hey Sam, u don’t have the bodies to support this fast tempo. U said yourself the defense wore down and y’all only feel good about 7 lineman. Great coaches adjust to their personnel. Don’t beat ur head against the wall and hope for a different outcome. That’s foolish and a bold strategy cotton.

Hey Sam, u don’t have the bodies to support this fast tempo. U said yourself the defense wore down and y’all only feel good about 7 lineman. Great coaches adjust to their personnel. Don’t beat ur head against the wall and hope for a different outcome. That’s foolish and a bold strategy cotton.
Is the problem the tempo though? Or just that we went against the best defense on our schedule?

The tempo will be fine when we start sustaining drives.

Is the problem the tempo though? Or just that we went against the best defense on our schedule?

The tempo will be fine when we start sustaining drives.
No depth = slow down imo. The only thing this offense is gonna do is hurry up and get off the field. Leaving the defense to play probably 20 more snaps than the offense. I think their first possession was like 35 sec. This will answer itself if they keep trying tempo. You’ll see. Cause everyone has a good defense in the SEC.

Reactions: Mhhoover92
No depth = slow down imo. The only thing this offense is gonna do is hurry up and get off the field. Leaving the defense to play probably 20 more snaps than the offense. I think their first possession was like 35 sec. This will answer itself if they keep trying tempo. You’ll see. Cause everyone has a good defense in the SEC.
I agree with what you’re saying, but you don’t need depth to run successful plays. If those guys on offense were actually moving the ball, the depth on defense wouldn’t matter because they would be getting more than 35 seconds of break between possessions.

Need Franks to actually start moving the ball down the field.

Last edited:
I agree with what you’re saying, but you don’t need depth to run successful plays. If those guys on offense were actually moving the ball, the depth on defense wouldn’t matter because they would be getting more than 35 seconds of break between possessions.

Need Franks to actually starting moving the ball down the field.
I also with some of what you’re saying but the last 2 years of offensive history tells us this roster isn’t built for tempo. And will most likely fail when it’s tried. The o-line and wr’s aren’t good enough. Just slow down and rest the one area of the team that we actually see improvement, the defense. Jmo tho

Reactions: Italian Arkie
Mods - Just curious, What is the record for passing yards/total yards that Arkansas has yielded?

Also, if our Special Teams play like they did against UGA, no way Costello can set a record again us. Have 50 yard TD drives vs 80 really drives down the passing yards
giphy.gif

Mods - Just curious, What is the record for passing yards/total yards that Arkansas has yielded?

I’ve got individual opponent stats back to 1990 and the most I have on record is Dak Prescott’s 508 passing yards in 2015.

The only difference is now he has legit sec size kids. So they can probably run the ball if they need to!
Right and it's also worth noting that Washington usually had a decided talent advantage on WA ST so the 3-down lineman could get pressure. Probably only a handful of teams in the SEC that will have that advantage on them..

You got a total yards?

Individual records vs. Arkansas
Passing: Prescott - 508 (2015)
Rushing: Tony Temple (MIZZ) - 281 (2008 Cotton Bowl
Total offense: Johnny Manziel (A&M) - 557 (2012)

Team records vs. Arkansas
Rushing: Auburn - 543 (2016)
Passing: Mississippi State - 508 (2015, so Prescott)
Total: USC - 736 (2005)

Sure didn’t look like everyone has a good defense. Tons of points all across the SEC.

I was listening to full ride on situs/xm and Rick Neuheisal was baffled that LSU tried to play man coverage against leach. He praised leach and bashed pelini for continuing to play man coverage the whole game.

I was listening to full ride on situs/xm and Rick Neuheisal was baffled that LSU tried to play man coverage against leach. He praised leach and bashed pelini for continuing to play man coverage the whole game.
Yet another example of a coach beating his head against the wall and being stubborn. I’ll never understand this.

Reactions: jtuck33
Look at this beautiful defense:
Bill went from slinging it around with Tom Brady to rushing for 250 with Cam. That’s greatness.
I heard something about this recently; how the Pats like to force teams to make the lowest % throws possible (deep throws). Unfortunately that strategy bites you in the ass when Russ Wilson can drop it in a bucket.
True but there aren’t many Russell Wilson’s. So I’ll take the odds

Bill went from slinging it around with Tom Brady to rushing for 250 with Cam. That’s greatness.
True but there’s not many Russell Wilson’s. So I’ll take the odds
No I agree w you. I would like to see us try it. Just sell out on stopping the short/intermediate passing game and let Busta and DayDay run w the outside guys. Let Catalon play CF.

Reactions: minnesotahog
No I agree w you. I would like to see us try it. Just sell out on stopping the short/intermediate passing game and let Busta and DayDay run w the outside guys. Let Catalon play CF.
Osirus Mitchell is 6'5
Javonta Payton is 6'2
Tyrell Shavers is 6'6
Austin Williams is 6'4
Cam Gardner is 6'4

That'd be a match up nightmare on the edges.

Last year I would have screamed hell no...but our guys played with ball awareness this year which is a stark change. It did seem like when Costello had to wait he got careless with the ball.

Osirus Mitchell is 6'5
Javonta Payton is 6'2
Tyrell Shavers is 6'6
Austin Williams is 6'4
Cam Gardner is 6'4

It's more about analytics than anything. They're going to be a matchup nightmare anyway you spin it. I'd rather play the odds on the deep passes than see Kylin Hill get 20 catches for 175 underneath.

Last year I would have screamed hell no...but our guys played with ball awareness this year which is a stark change. It did seem like when Costello had to wait he got careless with the ball.
Agree. Imagine leaving McMellion(?) on an island last year.

Reactions: jtuck33

I was never a Neuheisal fan, but he is the best radio guy out there. He is knowledgeable and shoots pretty straight.

Osirus Mitchell is 6'5
Javonta Payton is 6'2
Tyrell Shavers is 6'6
Austin Williams is 6'4
Cam Gardner is 6'4

in the Air Raid, if you are 1 on 1 you are considered open. Those big receivers are going to be tough to handle. They also so a good job of pushing off and getting separation.

Reactions: jegreenwood

A lot of the reads are deep to short in Air Raid.. The first read on Y cross is the deep ball, same on the verts. I'm afraid they will torch us if we let them chunk deep balls one on one.

A lot of the reads are deep to short in Air Raid.. The first read on Y cross is the deep ball, same on the verts. I'm afraid they will torch us if we let them chunk deep balls one on one.
Agree. I posted that clip to show how the man coverage CAN work if you're incredibly disciplined (and talented). I think Odom is going to try to limit explosive plays and keep things infront

Reactions: cfcjr50
I'm not sure about torching. Those Ashdown boys can fly. Now, they might be beat on jump balls as Greenwood listed their heights. Maybe rushing 3 and dropping 8 in zone is the way to go. Idk. Thankfully I'm not Corch Odamn.

Reactions: jegreenwood
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT