ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at Next Season's Roster

THE UofA

Starter
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2010
Austin, TX
How do you see the starting five and bench shaking out next season? By the time SEC play starts, I'll think we'll see something like this:

Starting Five:

G Anton Beard - Sophomore
G Anthlon Bell - Senior
G Jimmy Whitt - Freshman
F Jacorey Williams - Senior
C Moses Kingsley - Junior

Bench:

G Manuale Watkins - Junior
G Jabril Durham - Senior
G Dusty Hannahs - Senior
F Keaton Miles - Senior
C Ted Kapita (if healthy) - Freshman

Reserves:

F Trey Thompson - Sophomore

Obviously things will change, and we'll add one to three guys to the roster, but looking at our current group I'm struggling to find optimism in next season.

If Melvin Frazier can qualify academically, and he ends up choosing us, I could see him starting at the 3 spot. You could then let Whitt battle Bell for starters minutes. I don't know anything about Kyle Alexander, but I can't imagine he'd be anything but a bench player with limited minutes. I'm not sure what other recruits are realistic possibilities at this point.

I'm also not sure where our scoring will come from. Beard will be good for 11-13 points IMO. I see about the same from Bell. I'm not sure what to expect from Whitt, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 8-11 range.

As a starter Jacorey will take his shots, no doubt, but hopefully Mike can get him to play within himself (which he's gotten better at doing). However, I never thought I'd say Jacorey would be a starter for us. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the thought.

Kingsley can be a force on defense, but he's a liability on offense, and plays erratic at times. Hopefully another year and taking over a starting role will help calm his nerves and progress his offensive game.

The bench is what it is. No star in the making. Not much length. Guard play will be ok. I think Watkins has developed into a good glue guy. Durham has his moments, both good and bad. Hannahs will be what Bell was, a spot up shooter. Hopefully he'll give us good minutes, and shoot at a good clip from three. At this point, I don't expect much of anything from Miles. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see it.

If Kapita can get healthy, and plays anywhere near what his ranking indicates he should, that will really help us. We need his length, and from what I understand he's the best offensive big man we have. But I'm skeptical projecting him to be healthy next year. Fingers crossed, but at this point I don't think we can expect a ton from him next year. Maybe in a couple of years though.

Your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.