ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi decided to abolish slavery THIS WEEK. Help in recruiting?

Originally posted by ArkansasTraveler:

Mississippi is a 3rd world country.
No, it's not. I live right across the river. All up and down the Ms River it's probably 80% black and I've never seen any of them mistreated. You're just repeating shiit you've always heard.

Originally posted by cas153:

No, it's not. I live right across the river. All up and down the Ms River it's probably 80% black and I've never seen any of them mistreated. You're just repeating shiit you've always heard.
I was stationed in Greenville for the Coast Guard. People live in shacks. It's a thrid world country.

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Unfortunately there have been a few race related murders in MS just with in the past couple of years. In some areas of MS it's on another level.

I spent a month in Starkville one week. Unbelievable to me that anyone would want to spend 4 years of their life there.

I've lived in MS twice in my life in 2 different areas for a total of 4 1/2 years. It is a 3rd world country, it's a 50 years behind the times of normal civilazation. It's a crap whole, and very racist. The racial tension is incredible, and believe it or not, even the black people are racist, I know that's hard for people to come to grips with but yes, not only white people ar eracist. The black population is more racit towrds to whites than vice versa. The state of MS is their own worse enemy. And as another poster pointed out, people there do live in shacks, they just got 3G there a couple of years ago in some areas. The state is a joke.

The current Ole Miss is mostly mythical fiction. Perhaps the script was written by the same Ole Miss grad in California who wrote "The Blind Side".

...and most Americans who saw the movie...bought it.

I'm no booster of that state, but are y'all judging it on the state as a whole, or on its Delta region...because you know we have one of those, too, and it's not the most prosperous area.

I think the 3rd world country comments have more to do with the standard of living (income, education, infant mortality, etc.) than racial harmony.

This post was edited on 2/21 10:07 AM by Lawpig

Originally posted by Lawpig:
I'm not booster of that state, but are y'all judging it on the state as a whole, or on its Delta region...because you know we have one of those two, and it's not the most prosperous area.

I think the 3rd world country comments have more to do with the standard of living (income, education, infant mortality, etc.) than racial harmony.
Yes..I thought they were talking about racism since the thread was about slavery. Yes..it's very poor here in Ar and across the river in Ms.

Originally posted by Mrs.Whiskey:
crazy story. and i am a little confused- why was the ratification process started in 1995 and not sooner?
seriously, MS is 50 years behind the times. That state is a joke and an embarrassment to this country. People laugh at MS, the best view of it is from your rearview mirror.

Well, here is one thing that if true gives a deeper insight into the state:

"Mississippi ratified the amendment in 1995"

Seems very late in coming to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT