ADVERTISEMENT

Monday was one of the hardest days of my life...(added pics)

chicks1244

Starter
Dec 25, 2008
Friday morning I got a call from my dad asking me if I had heard anything about someone being in a 4 wheeler wreck Thursday evening. I told him I hadn't and he told me that David Vanderpool had been in a atv accident and he didn't make it. The funeral was Monday and I have been to some emotional funerals before but none could really compare to this one.

David was 6 years old, he was the most smiling kids I have ever met. I coached David in flag football this past fall and his father assisted me. I can honestly say I can't remember David not smiling. I even remember making a pass to hard and it hit him right in the face and he ran the ball back to me still smiling with a bloody lip even. Even day at practice or before a game he would run up to me and ask if I wanted to see how fast he could run I would always say yeah and watch him run as hard as he could. In our last game this past year I had made sure every kid had scored a td except my son and David. We got down inside the 5 about to score and I moved David to HB and had him run a little curl just in the end zone and he caught the ball for the TD, he was so excited he gave me a hug and then ran into the stand and gave his mom a hug. David was a huge hog fan always asking if I was going to watch the game that week and this past year his dad took him to his first razorbacks basketball, baseball, and football game. He would always say he was going to be a razorback some day. He was so excited for baseball season to start bc he was finally going to be able to move up to the pitching machine like his big brother. He got to have one practice before the accident.

Im glad i got to have little David touch my life even if just for a little over a year, i will forever hold that time close to my heart. Hog fans we lost a good one that was much to young to leave this earth. So if you believe in prayer please say a quick one for his family.

This post was edited on 4/2 4:45 PM by chicks1244

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News