ADVERTISEMENT

Much better!

Count Hogula

Letterman
Nov 4, 2007
They definitely took their game prep seriously and showed a good amount of improvement in most areas. The O-Line did better in pass protection and protecting the QB overall but the HB and RBs need to do better picking up blitzers and pass blocking, their LBers had a field day. AA did much better, didn't try to force a lot of passes like he did last week. Williams is looking good so far but Walker seems to have fallen a bit behind where he was last year, still haven't seen enough of DevWah to know what to expect from him yet. If they keep their minds on business and handle Texas St like they should then maybe Walker and DevWah will get some decent playing time, maybe the backup QB too. Real game play is needed to get newer players prepared, better than just practicing outside of playing, in my opinion anyway. The defensive line stepped it up from last week, put a lot of good pressure on their QB this week and the backfield was much better in pass coverage, though still need some work as they did let receivers get behind them and left some wide open, especially in the second half, may have been getting a little gassed. Good thing Hill's passing accuracy fell short of what his press clippings would have you believe.

There is still one area of major concern. Do we not have someone capable of playing kick coverage? The water boy, a cheerleader, lunch lady, anybody! Giving up way too many big returns, was a problem last year and still a problem this year.

TCU spent a lot of money on improving their stadium but they should have used some of it to put in a quality field to play on. I like natural turf myself, kind of miss unis getting so muddy you can't see the number or tell what color they were originally, but the condition of the field was awful. way too much slipping and sliding when cutting and the radio guys going on about all the divots. I can understand a natural field being in rough condition late in the season but being that bad in just the second week says poor things about their groundskeeping.

The officials. Where does the SEC get these guys? I'm sure fans of both teams will be complaining about them. Bad calls, no calls, can't get the ball placed in the proper place. TCUs linemen were holding our guys so often and so tight I was thinking their O-line must think they were at a dance social instead of a football game. The SEC really needs to be embarrassed with the performance of the crew at the game last night.

ADVERTISEMENT