ADVERTISEMENT

My trip to Muskogee

Danny West

Recruiting Analyst
Oct 24, 2004
Tontitown, AR
www.hawgsports.com
I had kinda been dreading the trip to Muskogee ever since last Thursday when Kamren released his announcement plans. Not because I wasn't happy for Arkansas to be getting a good player, but because I'm not a huge fan of driving and I'm pretty worn out here lately.

I'm home now and I can say that was probably the most fun I've ever had at one of these announcement ceremonies. I've never received a warmer welcome than I did there. As soon as I got out of the vehicle, I saw a lady, told her who I am and asked her where I needed to be for Kamren Curl's ceremony.

She said "Come on this way baby, Kamren is my son and he wants to meet you." So she takes me to Kamren, introduces us and he gives me a big hug and thanks me for coming. I was kinda surprised by that, because you have no idea how hard this kid has been to get in touch with for me. When they're that hard for me to reach, I usually just accept the fact that they think all recruiting writers are liars or jerks or nerds or all of the above (and a lot of them are). Luckily his dad was always willing to keep us informed throughout the process.

So I get inside the field house, get all set up and Kamren's head coach comes over and asks if there's anything they can get for me. Never had a coach ask me that.

After the announcement I was busy adding quotes to the story and getting video up (which took forever) and Kamren's dad, Greg, finally convinced me to have a piece of cake that his sister had made for the celebration. I met the rest of Kamren's family and they couldn't have been nicer.

Coach Rhoads was a big hit with the family. If he's as popular with the rest of the recruits as he was at Muskogee today, he'll do fine. He had some cake too.

Anyhow, it was a great trip and I'm glad I went. It was awesome to spend time with the Curls. Arkansas got a very good one today so it's worth noting that I'm 2-for-2 on my trips to Oklahoma since a month ago today (Kyrei Fisher was Dec. 19).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News