ADVERTISEMENT

Observations

Smashmouth2004

Starter
Nov 9, 2002
BA gets lazy and forgets to use good footwork resulting in very bad passes.
I'm tired of hearing of our huge OL. They can't push anyone off the line.
Coaching adjustments at the half are very questionable.

I hope someone asks BB if he is so concerned with player safety then why not pull BA if he was injured. I hate losing games that we can win!

You were watching the game right? Did you completely miss BA staying down, and limping pretty much the entire 4th qr?. Yes they had a chance to win this game, and they could have, but give credit to Mizzou man they made some great adjustments at half. They played one mistake less better than the Hogs did.. Im ok with this we are years ahead of where we should be right now.

Yes I watched the game and know he was injured. My question is why wasn't he replaced. We had opportunities to move the ball in the 2nd half but BA was way off target. Yes Mizzou made some adjustments but why couldn't we? Our defense ran out of gas because the offense just couldn't move the ball even when we had good field position.

I realize we exceeded expectations but we could have won this game. Giving games away was supposed to be the old Razorbacks, not the new improved ones.

Originally posted by Smashmouth2004:
Yes I watched the game and know he was injured. My question is why wasn't he replaced. We had opportunities to move the ball in the 2nd half but BA was way off target. Yes Mizzou made some adjustments but why couldn't we? Our defense ran out of gas because the offense just couldn't move the ball even when we had good field position.

I realize we exceeded expectations but we could have won this game. Giving games away was supposed to be the old Razorbacks, not the new improved ones.
Obviously the coaches thought Brandon, injured and all, was our best chance to win.

He should have been taken out in the third quarter, even then it was becoming obvious his passing was getting worse when we needed the passing game to be clicking. AA is inexperienced but he made some nice looking passes last week and it was painful watching BA have to painfully force himself up off the ground after every play. All the false starts caused by the Mizzou def line's shifting is the biggest reason we lost the game. I don't know why the MIzzou crowd booed the personal foul on the late hit on BA, it was long after the whistle blew the play dead because of yet another false start and BA and most everybody was just standing around when the defender took the cheap shot from behind. It wasn't a jarring hit but BA had already been slow getting up and limping around, so it was clear to everyone he was hurting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT