ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

She's not posting any evidence though, she's just sharing her conspiracy theories
Why would Italy put out a number like that? I do not believe she is sharing her conspiracy theory, we don’t know yet and that is the issue. We are learning more each day but so much more to ascertain. You labeling this as a conspiracy theory says more about your point of view than hers.

Why would Italy put out a number like that? I do not believe she is sharing her conspiracy theory, we don’t know yet and that is the issue. We are learning more each day but so much more to ascertain. You labeling this as a conspiracy theory says more about your point of view than hers.
She's using language that sounds like certainty like "that number, when investigated, will be much lower". She doesn't know that
She also posts zero sources regarding the info on Italy. I've tried looking that up and didn't find anything

Reactions: RazorbackFBfan
She's using language that sounds like certainty like "that number, when investigated, will be much lower". She doesn't know that
She also posts zero sources regarding the info on Italy. I've tried looking that up and didn't find anything
True. The point I’m making is that it could be much lower or it could in fact be higher. We don’t know and some of this we probably won’t know for quite some time. At this point I don’t see a difference in what she posted and what you posted. However, I like you would like to know where does this 12% number come from?

True. The point I’m making is that it could be much lower or it could in fact be higher. We don’t know and some of this we probably won’t know for quite some time. At this point I don’t see a difference in what she posted and what you posted. However, I like you would like to know where does this 12% number come from?
Idk what Italian doctors are doing in regards to determining main cause of death but if you have an underlying condition and you get COVID19 and die, imo the cause of death should be COVID19 primarily because you would've likely survived longer with the underlying condition. Maybe 12% is Italy's number of deaths for people who didn't have underlying conditions?

Reactions: RazorbackFBfan
Idk what Italian doctors are doing in regards to determining main cause of death but if you have an underlying condition and you get COVID19 and die, imo the cause of death should be COVID19 primarily because you would've likely survived longer with the underlying condition. Maybe 12% is Italy's number of deaths for people who didn't have underlying conditions?
Perhaps so, I want to believe positive news instead of negative bashing but I can’t find any info on this so called 12%.

Sounds rather familiar.

Two more deaths but Arkansas's trendline is looking really good. Cutting off travel from out-of-staters, etc will hopefully help even more. Gov. Hutchinson said they don't plan on releasing any inmates but counties can decide to release those pending trial if they want to

Two more deaths but Arkansas's trendline is looking really good. Cutting off travel from out-of-staters, etc will hopefully help even more. Gov. Hutchinson said they don't plan on releasing any inmates but counties can decide to release those pending trial if they want to
Let’s hope the ones in prison that got it are child molesters and the death toll goes up by 14

There were 11 influenza related deaths in Arkansas reported last week for a total of 116 influenza-related deaths including three pediatric death this season. CDC estimates a total of 24,000 flu deaths have occurred nationwide including 155 pediatric deaths reported this season - How many could have been saved from Flu if we shut down the country?

Last edited:
There were 11 influenza related deaths in Arkansas reported last week for a total of 116 influenza-related deaths including three pediatric death this season. CDC estimates a total of 24,000 flu deaths have occurred nationwide including 155 pediatric deaths reported this season
If we could sever Arkansas off from the rest of the US then sure, we could probably open back up in a week or so, but that's not really realistic.

There were 11 influenza related deaths in Arkansas reported last week for a total of 116 influenza-related deaths including three pediatric death this season. CDC estimates a total of 24,000 flu deaths have occurred nationwide including 155 pediatric deaths reported this season
I get that but also you must account for the fact that the flu has a .01% death rate and this is at least 15 times deadlier. Also one month ago we had virtually no US cases or deaths... it’s growing exponentially fast, so if we did nothing there would absolutely be millions of deaths.

So let me get this straight. If someone has heart disease and dies of a heart attack, but tests positive for the corona virus, you think that should be listed as a corona death? Sounds like someone that has an agenda to me.

I get that but also you must account for the fact that the flu has a .01% death rate and this is at least 15 times deadlier. Also one month ago we had virtually no US cases or deaths... it’s growing exponentially fast, so if we did nothing there would absolutely be millions of deaths.
Spring of 2009 - H1N1 estimated 60MM cases and 30k deaths in the US ....We didn't shut down sh!t. Where was the panic? Whats different?

Reactions: The Real Boss Hog
So let me get this straight. If someone has heart disease and dies of a heart attack, but tests positive for the corona virus, you think that should be listed as a corona death? Sounds like someone that has an agenda to me.
No I don't think so unless there's evidence of coronavirus increasing the risk of heart attack for those with heart disease, not sure how many similar deaths you'd need to establish a trend.

However....
If they're lying in a hospital on a ventilator and have a heart attack, their chance of dying anyways on the ventilator was roughly 66%.

Spring of 2009 - H1N1 estimated 60MM cases and 30k deaths in the US ....We didn't shut down sh!t. Where was the panic? Whats different?
With Covid19, you can spread it without symptoms which makes the infection rate much much higher. We don't have a vaccine, so all we can do is keep people away from each other until the number of new cases levels out. It's not that hard to understand.

There also weren't 30k deaths, there were 12,469 deaths. 30k is more than even the highest range estimate they determined after to be 18k

Last edited:
The flu's numbers are estimated. We have no idea how many people get the flu here every year, all we know are estimations. The flu could be, in fact, much lower than .01%

No I don't think so unless there's evidence of coronavirus increasing the risk of heart attack for those with heart disease, not sure how many similar deaths you'd need to establish a trend.

However....
If they're lying in a hospital on a ventilator and have a heart attack, their chance of dying anyways on the ventilator was roughly 66%.
To me it depends on when they are testing. If they are truly counting anyone who has the antibodies post mortem, its pretty irresponsible imo

The flu's numbers are estimated. We have no idea how many people get the flu here every year, all we know are estimations. The flu could be, in fact, much higher than .01%
If there are more people with flu undetected than the estimates (which already account for that btw) then the mortality rate would be even lower... not higher.

The flu's numbers are estimated. We have no idea how many people get the flu here every year, all we know are estimations. The flu could be, in fact, much higher than .01%
We have no idea how many people have had covid19 either. That why this death toll percentage everybody keeps throwing around and saying facts are facts, is not really facts.

Reactions: HoggybonesAK
We have no idea how many people have had covid19 either. That why this death toll percentage everybody keeps throwing around and saying facts are facts, is not really facts.
True, but it reinforces this shutdown, so it keeps being reported

To me it depends on when they are testing. If they are truly counting anyone who has the antibodies post mortem, its pretty irresponsible imo
I would really hope they don't do that. I'd need large-scale evidence not the occasional anecdote

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT