ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

You're clearly beyond saving, just hope you're following CDC guidelines
Not sure if it will happen, but there is a chance that this is no worse than the H1N1 virus. Most will point to the quarantining as saving lives, but to be honest, with the major majority of people not being affected by this and with herd immunity, we will really never know how much impact social distancing had. We do, however, know how much of an effect the shutting down had on the economy, and we are ****ed in that regard

Last edited:
OK - in your opinion how long? 1 week? 2 weeks? as long as it takes?
Trump extended the COVID-19 guidelines until April 30th. Those are the guidelines that prohibit gatherings of more than 10 people. Those guidelines should be followed until at least April 30th. I do not believe that things will go back to normal on April 30th, but things should be closed at least until that date. Whenever we are on the other side of the curve is when we should be talking about reopening the country.

Trump extended the COVID-19 guidelines until April 30th. Those are the guidelines that prohibit gatherings of more than 10 people. Those guidelines should be followed until at least April 30th. I do not believe that things will go back to normal on April 30th, but things should be closed at least until that date. Whenever we are on the other side of the curve is when we should be talking about reopening the country.
What about the millions that work in restaurants who can't pay all their April bills...and then May bills are coming in. Not being smart azz, what do those people do? Unemployment does not cover all cost...

Reactions: Doyle55731
What about the millions that work in restaurants who can't pay all their April bills...and then May bills are coming in. Not being smart azz, what do those people do? Unemployment does not cover all cost...
This is the reason that the $1200 stimulus check was given to many of these employees. Unfortunately $1200 does not cover many of these charges. Some water/electrical companies have stopped shutting off water and electricity to those who are late in payments due to the pandemic. I really don’t have an answer though for many people suffering from unemployment. Times are tough in the economy right now.

This is the reason that the $1200 stimulus check was given to many of these employees. Unfortunately $1200 does not cover many of these charges. Some water/electrical companies have stopped shutting off water and electricity to those who are late in payments due to the pandemic. I really don’t have an answer though for many people suffering from unemployment. Times are tough in the economy right now.
Your are right - there is a tipping point...question is when is that point. Water company, electric company, landlords, etc will eventually need their $$ to survive.

Your are right - there is a tipping point...question is when is that point. Water company, electric company, landlords, etc will eventually need their $$ to survive.
As with all companies, The insurance, utilities and credit companies run the risk of losing their customers. What does that do to them. Don’t need employees without customers. Tough decision

Reactions: HoggybonesAK
As with all companies, The insurance, utilities and credit companies run the risk of losing their customers. What does that do to them. Don’t need employees without customers. Tough decision
Could not imagine being a local restaurant owner right now - Rents due, food getting old in the freezer, employees are at home, pay utility bills, etc...hope its all worth it.

That's before personal bills

Could not imagine being a local restaurant owner right now - Rents due, food getting old in the freezer, employees are at home, pay utility bills, etc...hope its all worth it.

That's before personal bills
My goodness, isn’t this the the Truth!!! Democrats with Husain’s approval doubled our debt. More than any other President before that in the history of this country. Our debt rose more under Obama than all other presidents combined. That is what the dems want to hang their hat on? Because trump is crass? Goodness

Reactions: The Real Boss Hog
My goodness, isn’t this the the Truth!!! Democrats with Husain’s approval doubled our debt. More than any other President before that in the history of this country. Our debt rose more under Obama than all other presidents combined. That is what the dems want to hang their hat on? Because trump is crass? Goodness
HaHa - that escalated quickly!! Just FYI - I am 100% MAGA

Ole Dumbass Doyle over here bringing up Obama when he wasn't even mentioned.

Good job Doyle.

Reactions: HogPocket9455
So you concede the H1N1 comparison at least? This is like nothing we’ve seen.
Nikki. The flu killed between 61 and 100 thousand Americans during the 2016 flu epidemic. You can do a simple google search and read articles about bed and ppe and vent shortages in hot spots. We have seen worse and there was meds and vaccines for tha . No one blinked an eye.

Reactions: The Real Boss Hog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT