ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

Nikki. The flu killed between 61 and 100 thousand Americans during the 2016 flu epidemic. You can do a simple google search and read articles about bed and ppe and vent shortages in hot spots. We have seen worse and there was meds and vaccines for tha . No one blinked an eye.
I said H1N1. I know the flu kills thousands but if it had the infection rate and mortality rate of Covid19 (and no vaccine) the deaths would be in the millions

Reactions: cfcjr50 and mcbmd
Goddamn we have some legitimate idiots.
I’m impressed everybody hasn’t gotten tired of arguing back and forth. This thread reminds me of arguments on twitter. Nobody is willing to budge on what they think and then people get mad.

Idk what Italian doctors are doing in regards to determining main cause of death but if you have an underlying condition and you get COVID19 and die, imo the cause of death should be COVID19 primarily because you would've likely survived longer with the underlying condition. Maybe 12% is Italy's number of deaths for people who didn't have underlying conditions?

What I'm about to post, I acknowledge is anecdotal, but I'd still like to know your thoughts on it.

On another board, a healthcare provider mentioned that a significant percentage of the deaths counted as due to COVID in his hospital were people who were terminally ill and in hospice care at the time they contracted the virus.

Do you think it is appropriate to count those people as COVID deaths, when they were likely down to their last weeks or even days without it?

What I'm about to post, I acknowledge is anecdotal, but I'd still like to know your thoughts on it.

On another board, a healthcare provider mentioned that a significant percentage of the deaths counted as due to COVID in his hospital were people who were terminally ill and in hospice care at the time they contracted the virus.

Do you think it is appropriate to count those people as COVID deaths, when they were likely down to their last weeks or even days without it?
With flu they will assign the underlying condition as cause of death but that is because flu is fully understood. Unfortunately with Covid, since it is new and not fully understood, they will continue listing covid as death and that will continue until its fully understood and under control. I saw a graph showing pneumonia deaths are WAY down. This is clearly because of the difference in listing covid vs flu pneumonia as cause of death.

And you. I will not cow tow to the liberal poor me, we are doomed point of view
"Cowtow"

knielende-koe.jpg

You’re right! It is anecdotal I’ve seen tweets from Drs and nurses on how scary and tough it is to be on the front line. With no national guidelines each state doing their own thing numbers don’t mean as much either way. The limited number of tests means we may not know the extent of this for a long time.

I'm not a doctor so I'm going to assume they know the best way to classify deaths

Would be this and would be that. Do you really believe that if we had just let this run its course that it would have killed millions? Do you really believe that?
It's really quite funny...

Early March: "He hasn't done enough, millions will DIE!!!"
Early April: "Good thing we did everything we did...otherwise, millions would have DIED!"
Early May: "Did he do too much and it hurt our economy? I think Biden would have done better."
Early June: "I wonder what the Kardashians are up to?"

Would be this and would be that. Do you really believe that if we had just let this run its course that it would have killed millions? Do you really believe that?
Forgive me for answering a question not directed at me, in the tradition of climate change deniers. I’m not a scientist but......

ADVERTISEMENT