ADVERTISEMENT

Official Ryd75 Transfer Prediction Thread

ryd75

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2005
Well, I figure now is the best time to bring out this thread with spring practice coming up very soon. Here are 5 players who I don't see being with the program by Game 1 and one shocker pick.

1) Ty Storey - Yes, I know the system fits his talents better than the previous one did but at the end of the day I just don't see him beating out Cole Kelley and he may get passed up by Hyatt before it's all said and done.

2) Kofi Boatang - Even though he is coming off an injury, I think he goes elsewhere just simply because there are just too many better options ahead of him.

3) Blake Johnson - I fully believe he will lose his starting job and thus end up leaving before the season every gets here.

4) La'Michael Pettway - A big body receiver with decent speed would seem unlikely to transfer but Pettway is a very inconsistent pass catcher and there are just too many guys who will end up ahead of him for him to stick around.

5) Will Gragg - This would probably surprise no one but I just think we have guys that this spring is his "lets see where I stand with the new staff" moment and I don't think he will be able to overcome Ogrady, Patton, and Cantrell. Even if they move Cantrell, I don't see him beating out Gunter who redshirted this past year.

Shocker Pick: Devwah Whaley - May not be much of a shocker to some but at the end of the day I just don't think Whaley has that gear he needs to be productive in this offense and it will be evident where he sits when Boyd hits campus. Hayden, Hammonds, and Boyd all possess a gear that Whaley just doesn't have. I just don't think he will be ok with being the 3rd or 4th option at RB which is where he is headed when this is all said and done.

Honorable Mentions: Dalton Wagner, Kendrick Jackson, Giovanni LaFrance, Jalen Merrick, Micahh Smith, Maleek Williams, Hayden Johnson, Jamario Bell

Last edited:
Reactions: Dlewis81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News