ADVERTISEMENT

Oline question...

hawglaw479

Letterman
Oct 20, 2006
Fayetteville
with what appears to be a pretty big talent deficiency on the Oline accross the board, my question is how did it happen? It seemed like A&M, who I know does have a good Dline, put 6-8 hits on Austin that made you surprised each time that he could even peel himself of the turf.

Everyone including myself thought we had the ultimate offensive line coaching tandem in Sam Pittman and CBB, and it seemed as if we were landing Oline talent like we have never been able to do before, but now we spend the entire fall/spring camps and 4 games into the season trying to find 5 capable Olinemen? I know we are playing some really young guys (that may turn out to be really good one day) but its hard to use that as an excuse b/c if we recruited well and developed well over the past 3-4 years where is the So/Jr/Sr Olinemen that we have been developing. Would also love to know why we are offering and taking Juco's that can't come in and even sniff 2nd team reps, again poor evaluations?

What the hell happened? Missed evaluations? Lack of development?

I know our problems at RT have been well documented, but I would love to get @Trey Biddy and @Danny West opinion on how, with all the talent Pittman and CBB supposedly were bring in, that we got to a spot where we cannot find 5 players to put on the Oline that doesn't include at least 1 huge liability....thanks in advance guys!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News