ADVERTISEMENT

Penny Losing It

What qualifications do u need to be a coach? And what qualified Eric to become a coach, besides his daddy?
To get hired in a job the level of Arkansas or Memphis, you should have at least been an assistant coach at the college or pro level, and probably should have head coaching experience. Musselman had coached as both an assistant and a head coach at both levels prior to being hired here. Hardaway's coaching resume consisted of nothing above the high school or AAU levels.

For the record I'd have the same opinion of Memphis's hiring decision if they had chosen John Stockton or some other white dude who had never coached before. It has nothing to do with his race, and everything to do with his lack of experience and preparatory skills for the job he was given.

So playing PG for several years in the NBA (like Steve Kerr) isn’t enough experience for you to be a coach? I mean, to keep this in context, we’re talking about playing a game.

The only people I’m racist against are broke mf’ers that waste my time.
Same. Hate that shit.

• Haha
Reactions: minnesotahog
So playing PG for several years in the NBA (like Steve Kerr) isn’t enough experience for you to be a coach? I mean, to keep this in context, we’re talking about playing a game.

History has shown repeatedly that ability to play a game does not automatically translate to the ability to coach it. Lots of HOF players in the big 3 sports have sucked at coaching.

To get hired in a job the level of Arkansas or Memphis, you should have at least been an assistant coach at the college or pro level, and probably should have head coaching experience. Musselman had coached as both an assistant and a head coach at both levels prior to being hired here. Hardaway's coaching resume consisted of nothing above the high school or AAU levels.

For the record I'd have the same opinion of Memphis's hiring decision if they had chosen John Stockton or some other white dude who had never coached before. It has nothing to do with his race, and everything to do with his lack of experience and preparatory skills for the job he was given.
I think I read somewhere, that Todd Day did most of the coaching for that team.

Reactions: DirkPiggler
History has shown repeatedly that ability to play a game does not automatically translate to the ability to coach it. Lots of HOF players in the big 3 sports have sucked at coaching.
On the flip side, it also doesn’t automatically disqualify Penny jus cause some others have failed. I don’t think it’s a vacuum. Nash is a HOF player that got the Brooklyn job with no coaching experience. I’ve yet to see the outcry

On the flip side, it also doesn’t automatically disqualify Penny jus cause some others have failed. I don’t think it’s a vacuum. Nash is a HOF player that got the Brooklyn job with no coaching experience. I’ve yet to see the outcry

No outcry, mostly relief. When a HOF type hometown player with a big NBA history comes home and starts using his contacts to reel in insane amounts of talent at a regional rival of the team you support, there is a serious danger it could work out.

Nash at Brooklyn nor Kerr, are of any threat to the program we all hover over like our own child. Hardaway at Memphis sharing our recruiting territory while recruiting at an elite level nationally, could be a huge threat if successful. We have way more incentive to gloat(while breathing a sigh of relief), if he shows signs of failure.

FWIW, I have habitually hated far more white coaches in my life than black coaches. I am an equal opportunity rival coach hater.

Get rid of the racist laws requiring people to interview minorities. Let them interview who they want. Those types of people don’t want to be told who they have to interview and who they dont
😂🤣
Why yo broke ass mad when you’ve never had the power to hire or fired anybody? This conversation is above ur pay grade son

How many great players have gone on to have outstanding coaching careers without getting coaching experience first? Most outstanding players on that level end up being shitty coaches even if they have experience...they were able to get by on natural ability instead of having to grind to eke out a roster spot at the end of the bench.

I always wanted Penny to come to Ark along with Todd Day. I think Nolan tried desperately to make that happen. It all worked out but can’t imagine that team with the line up we had but then adding Penny Hardaway to the starting 5.

If i remember right he was considered an Arkansas lean but had a last minute change of heart and signed for Memphis St.

Reactions: westcohog
It doesn't automatically disqualify them...but it guarantees a low percentage chance of success.

If I owned the Nets I wouldn't have hired Nash either.

Nash has one of the best teams in the east despite his second best player being hurt/obese and his third best player having to sit out. Steve Kerr has three world championships. Penny hasn’t won anything in the American despite having the most talented roster in the conference. Stick to selling shitty cars.

No outcry, mostly relief. When a HOF type hometown player with a big NBA history comes home and starts using his contacts to reel in insane amounts of talent at a regional rival of the team you support, there is a serious danger it could work out.

Nash at Brooklyn nor Kerr, are of any threat to the program we all hover over like our own child. Hardaway at Memphis sharing our recruiting territory while recruiting at an elite level nationally, could be a huge threat if successful. We have way more incentive to gloat(while breathing a sigh of relief), if he shows signs of failure.

FWIW, I have habitually hated far more white coaches in my life than black coaches. I am an equal opportunity rival coach hater.
😂🤣
Steve Nash is losing it! What a disaster!

Don't look now but they've won 5 in a row including at UH and are first 4 out in bracketology.

Of course, they run into SMU again this Saturday. The last SMU game is what made Penny lose it, thus this thread being started.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT