ADVERTISEMENT

*Political* Dobbs V. Jackson Just Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorkshankRedemption

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2011
Don't want to get political, but I do think this is one of the more influential cases of the last 20 years or so: determination in the constitutionality of Roe v. Wade.

Live Stream:

It's a women's issue...why is a bunch of old men allowed to decide?

This should go well.

giphy.gif

Can't wait to hear all of the my body my choice anti vaxxer dipshits chime in

Ditto on the " it should be mandated because it affects another human being".

Acting like one side is hypocritical while ignoring the other side is what gives you libs a bad reputation. own your shit.

Never said anything should be mandated. Pretty clear which side is being hypocritical in this instance. You know the same way that most of you are "pro life" while also being pro death penalty. That's ok. I know hypocrisy is a core tenet of conservatism.

Never said anything should be mandated. Pretty clear which side is being hypocritical in this instance. You know the same way that most of you are "pro life" while also being pro death penalty. That's ok. I know hypocrisy is a core tenet of conservatism.
If you think that either side has a monopoly on or even a disproportionate amount of hypocrisy you are very detached from reality. All either side cares about is getting elected. If that means contradicting some supposed core values, so be it.

Fetuses aren't infants dumbass.

I get why you are so passionate about this. Those newborns are only a few years away from you trying to have sex with them.
Murderers/ child molesters aren't human.

I probably align more closely with your point of view than everyone else's on abortion and the death penalty, but your arguments are illogical.

If you think that either side has a monopoly on or even a disproportionate amount of hypocrisy you are very detached from reality. All either side cares about is getting elected. If that means contradicting some supposed core values, so be it.

I'm not talking about politicians here

I'm not talking about politicians here
Extrapolate what I said to regular partisans then. It works the same.

Every day I see people praising Biden for doing the exact same things they shat all over Trump for doing, and vice-versa. Partisan politics is a religion to many, and their gods are never wrong, even when they contradict themselves.

A couple of real world examples for you: the treatment of Biden versus Trump for stopping travel from Covid hot spots, and the "peaceful protests" vs. "violent insurrection" depending on whether a riot is started by the left or the right, regardless of damage done or casualties.

Reactions: heimhog37
Biggest case in half a century really. We will see what happens here, but I expect them to take a Sandra Day O'Connor stance and leave it alone.
Exactly right.

The parties want wedge issues. That's what motivates their respective bases to get out and vote. If they give final resolution to something like abortion, many of the candidates lose the issue that differentiates them from their opponents.

Exactly right.

The parties want wedge issues. That's what motivates their respective bases to get out and vote. If they give final resolution to something like abortion, many of the candidates lose the issue that differentiates them from their opponents.
Someone on tMB made a good comment, an overturning of Roe v. Wade would bring out the armies for 2022. It's really sad to say, but a 5 v 4 dissent may be the best thing for Rs.

Extrapolate what I said to regular partisans then. It works the same.

Every day I see people praising Biden for doing the exact same things they shat all over Trump for doing, and vice-versa. Partisan politics is a religion to many, and their gods are never wrong, even when they contradict themselves.

A couple of real world examples for you: the treatment of Biden versus Trump for stopping travel from Covid hot spots, and the "peaceful protests" vs. "violent insurrection" depending on whether a riot is started by the left or the right, regardless of damage done or casualties.

I agree that both sides do it. I never said only one side way hypocritical. I was referring to a specific instance.

Someone on tMB made a good comment, an overturning of Roe v. Wade would bring out the armies for 2022. It's really sad to say, but a 5 v 4 dissent may be the best thing for Rs.

Its wishful thinking and never really been reality, but I'd like the USSC to function as designed and completely ignore the political implications. Lifetime appointments are supposed to insulate them from the politics, although at this point I really wish all government officials had an age limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT