ADVERTISEMENT

Positive News Coming Out Of CDC - Sports/School Related

So many protocols and procedures, no one will know who is clear to play and who isn't til kickoff.. including the players.

giphy.gif

@jegreenwood it is great news, but everyone, and I mean everyone has been trained to now reeee over the amount of cases.

They’re about to shut it all down again.

Fun fact, in 2018 1.5-million died of tuberculosis worldwide - 3x C19....

Do you remember that pandemic? Me either - spreads the same way and has a vaccine.

People in the US have officially lost their F’ing minds.

Man I was waiting for someone to post that it’s simply because there is a lag in reporting on deaths...hospitalizations and deaths...that’s all that matters!

I really wish this info would flood the newscasts. The death rate is what we are trying to correct. Looks like it is being done. Didn't know 25% of all US Corona Virus deaths were from NY.
If a patient test positive but gets shot in NY then they died of the rona. Very misleading numbers thrown out by NY dept of health and media.

Reactions: HTHog
I really wish this info would flood the newscasts. The death rate is what we are trying to correct. Looks like it is being done. Didn't know 25% of all US Corona Virus deaths were from NY.
This won't happen. If there is one thing that I will agree on not happening until after the election...it's this.

@jegreenwood it is great news, but everyone, and I mean everyone has been trained to now reeee over the amount of cases.

They’re about to shut it all down again.

Fun fact, in 2018 1.5-million died of tuberculosis worldwide - 3x C19....

Do you remember that pandemic? Me either - spreads the same way and has a vaccine.

People in the US have officially lost their F’ing minds.
Yea bc that happened in India...There were only 9,000 cases in the US in 2018.

it has a lot to do with Gov. Cuomo sending covid positive patients from the hospital back to their nursing facilities. The Govs in NJ, Penn, and Mich did the same thing.

Been saying this all along. Its deadly to a small portion of the population (older, pre-existing, fats, and general poor health). Other than that the general population is just a 2 week long hiccup.

The numbers have been skewed, and continue to be skewed to show disaster and scare the public.

This is all political, esp with the MSM, no doubt in my mind. From day one, they have led you to believe that you won't recover from it, its deadly for everyone. The endgame is to weaken the economy.

Been saying this all along. Its deadly to a small portion of the population (older, pre-existing, fats, and general poor health). Other than that the general population is just a 2 week long hiccup.

The numbers have been skewed, and continue to be skewed to show disaster and scare the public.

This is all political, esp with the MSM, no doubt in my mind. From day one, they have led you to believe that you won't recover from it, its deadly for everyone. The endgame is to weaken the economy.
Closing schools is meant to hurt the economy even more, not to protect students

The problem with all of this is that you have no clue who the "pre-existing" consists of.

The problem with all of this is that you have no clue who the "pre-existing" consists of.
I say that only bc I'm 6'5, 240 pounds. You'd look at me and never think I had any underlying conditions. I workout daily and have for over 10 years. You also wouldn't know that I was hit head on by someone under the influence 10 years ago and I have no spleen, among other things. So now I fall under that category and it really sucks. That's just what brings me back to the "you never know what people are going through".

On another note, CDC released link yesterday that shows death rates continue to tumble for the 12th straight week.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

This is promising in regards to school/sports, IMO. Yes, the cases continue to go up (duh, more testing available) but the death rate continues to plummet. Are we getting to the point that people are realizing that the vast majority of the folks that get it will be asymptomatic/mild symptoms? Or is the virus getting weaker as far as its effects on people?

Either way, this thing seems to not be having as drastic of a heavy impact on a lot of folks testing positive. This is also another step towards herd immunity, now that numbers are starting to show this thing's right hook dying (no pun intended) off.

The problem with the CDC numbers is that they are 2-4 weeks delayed in reporting. The numbers for the past 4 weeks will continue to rise on the CDC site. The best site is to look at the daily changes on worldometers. To give you can example, CDC shows 181 deaths for the week ending July 11th, but the states have reported around 5300 deaths during the week ending July 11th.

The problem with the CDC numbers is that they are 2-4 weeks delayed in reporting. The numbers for the past 4 weeks will continue to rise on the CDC site. The best site is to look at the daily changes on worldometers. To give you can example, CDC shows 181 deaths for the week ending July 11th, but the states have reported around 5300 deaths during the week ending July 11th.
That's because the states are so out of whack it isn't funny. There's never any context given with the death numbers by the media. You know, things like date of death. Lol....

City reported death numbers the other day that included deaths that occurred in April and May.

Reactions: jtuck33
That's because the states are so out of whack it isn't funny. There's never any context given with the death numbers by the media. You know, things like date of death. Lol....

City reported death numbers the other day that included deaths that occurred in April and May.

Yep, and that is a big problem too. Arizona states that their data is 10-14 days behind. None of the data is very good. Date of death is the most critical piece of information and we don't have that.

Yep, and that is a big problem too. Arizona states that their data is 10-14 days behind. None of the data is very good. Date of death is the most critical piece of information and we don't have that.
Again, I ask why we don't have that..........

Closing schools is meant to hurt the economy even more, not to protect students
Can’t let this news get out https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...ronavirus-in-babies-and-children/art-20484405.

“Children of all ages can become ill with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). But most kids who are infected typically don't become as sick as adults and some might not show any symptoms at all. While all children are capable of getting the virus that causes COVID-19, they don't become sick as often as adults. Children also rarely experience severe illness with COVID-19. Despite many large outbreaks around the world, very few children have died.”

Can’t let this news get out https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...ronavirus-in-babies-and-children/art-20484405.

“Children of all ages can become ill with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). But most kids who are infected typically don't become as sick as adults and some might not show any symptoms at all. While all children are capable of getting the virus that causes COVID-19, they don't become sick as often as adults. Children also rarely experience severe illness with COVID-19. Despite many large outbreaks around the world, very few children have died.”
It all comes down to if you feel uncomfortable, keep your children at home, but children belong in the classroom. If for no other reason than it allows parents to go back to work, which is just as important. Imo, regardless of what a lot of people think

It all comes down to if you feel uncomfortable, keep your children at home, but children belong in the classroom. If for no other reason than it allows parents to go back to work, which is just as important. Imo, regardless of what a lot of people think
Agreed. We took our 4 year old back to Pre-K at the beginning of June.

Reactions: jegreenwood
our schools are opening and will be face to face. I have no reservations about them going. It would make me a hypocrite if I did since I haven’t worn a mask and gloves (expect twice, Menards and barber shop, both required.) Besides, I think my ole lady had it anyway. So herd immunity...

Yea bc that happened in India...There were only 9,000 cases in the US in 2018.
Do you even Global Pandemic? Indian Lives Don’t Matter?

We need perspective in this country. We’ve been following the rules and mandates and the narrative is sustained to keep moving the goalposts.

What was the point of SIP that Fauci forced us into?

Seems inevitable that everyone is eventually going to get it.

Supposedly, it has more to do with whom the kids come in contact with after school. Not the spreading of students. But, thats among those that are afraid of their own shadow.

Do you even Global Pandemic? Indian Lives Don’t Matter?

We need perspective in this country. We’ve been following the rules and mandates and the narrative is sustained to keep moving the goalposts.

What was the point of SIP that Fauci forced us into?

Seems inevitable that everyone is eventually going to get it.
Can we all agree that Apu from The Simpson's does matter though? He is THE Indian of all Indians.

Reactions: U Boar Me
Really should investigate and find some sort of “shingles” type situation that may or may not happen later in life or when your immune system is down. Just some preliminary findings by a group of scientists in Delaware. All we would need to drag this out through November

What about teachers? Just curious your thoughts. Kids are at very low risk, but kids don't watch/teach themselves inside schools.

Drinking bleach is a valid medicine to cure the virus, Trump said so. Wanted to let people know about it.

Seriously though, wanna link that comment? I can delete it.

I think it was in a thread that’s already locked.

Also, it was inject bleach. Not drink it. Get your medical advice right, Dicktales. No one is dumb enough to think drinking bleach is helpful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT