ADVERTISEMENT

Positive News Coming Out Of CDC - Sports/School Related

What about teachers? Just curious your thoughts. Kids are at very low risk, but kids don't watch/teach themselves inside schools.
I think the same guidelines everyone else is using would be sufficient to protect them. Mask the kids and sanitize like crazy. I know a dozen or so teachers who would much rather be at school than teaching online

I think it was in a thread that’s already locked.

Also, it was inject bleach. Not drink it. Get your medical advice right, Dicktales. No one is dumb enough to think drinking bleach is helpful.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but all of ADJT's comments in that thread were deleted so I was confused.

Trying to find something to do in Kansas city for the day with the kids. Since science city is closed for cleaning we decided to take our kids to the park.

Well the first one we found had about 4-5 homeless people lying around it. The second, with a water park has beer, liquor bottles, and cigarette butt, strewn all about.

But its a good thing the mayor implemented masks everywhere. Gotta make sure his city has been "taken care of".

Trying to find something to do in Kansas city for the day with the kids. Since science city is closed for cleaning we decided to take our kids to the park.

Well the first one we found had about 4-5 homeless people lying around it. The second, with a water park has beer, liquor bottles, and cigarette butt, strewn all about.

But its a good thing the mayor implemented masks everywhere. Gotta make sure his city has been "taken care of".
All I know is the more I listen to people about school the more I realize the First case is going to shut the whole freaking school down...which is crazy!

Reactions: HTHog and mtsuhog85
Yeah, just being facetious.
dicktales................. smh. Is ADJT your burner account? Seems legit. His BS stays up on the board longer than anyone else's because the mods' somehow "just missed it". Yeah ok. That's twice now. No longer a coincidence.

T's and P's that you're stuck in the hell hole known as KC.

Reactions: HTHog and mtsuhog85

KC, a notorious democrap city with a dumbocrat mayor is trashed out and overrun with homeless people. Who woulda thunk it.

The CDC is lumping Covid 19 viral and antibody tests together. The tests reveal different information and are used for different reasons.

Also reported by the LA times.... Orange County inflated it’s test numbers by mistakingly including antibody tests.

This is not merely a technical error. States have set quantitative guidelines for reopening their economies based on these flawed data points.

Bending the data is extremely misleading and maybe that’s the whole point of this, to continue to mislead people.

I mean right on the damn CDC site it says...

IF you test positive-

A positive test result shows you might have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes Covid 19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses(called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.

Some are too knee deep in this to see the forest for the trees.

All I know is the more I listen to people about school the more I realize the First case is going to shut the whole freaking school down...which is crazy!
Oh yeah just wait for it. First Kid that comes down with it and has a fever is going to cause massive close downs everywhere "for the safety of the children". Meanwhile in NYC a 1 year old kid is shot and killed while de Blasio takes $1 billion from the police and not a word is said.

Just saw an opportunity to correct you for some free like and took it.

giphy.gif

Reactions: RHS_Cyclone
dicktales................. smh. Is ADJT your burner account? Seems legit. His BS stays up on the board longer than anyone else's because the mods' somehow "just missed it". Yeah ok. That's twice now. No longer a coincidence.
Look at his posting history and mine... I’m not that crazy

Reactions: SethT23 and HTHog
Oh yeah just wait for it. First Kid that comes down with it and has a fever is going to cause massive close downs everywhere "for the safety of the children". Meanwhile in NYC a 1 year old kid is shot and killed while de Blasio takes $1 billion from the police and not a word is said.
I know...I kept holding out hope not everyone has lost their damn minds, but oh wait...it’s like the asshat who posts a headstone on Twitter any time one of the news people post something about going back to school. As if this Epidemic has been killing kids left and right...I’m sure they will burn the whole “Plan” they just released for going back to school with 1 positive test case

It all comes down to if you feel uncomfortable, keep your children at home, but children belong in the classroom. If for no other reason than it allows parents to go back to work, which is just as important. Imo, regardless of what a lot of people think
Numerous pediatricians say keeping kids at home, and isolated from their friends for long periods of time, causes a bigger threat to their health than the virus. Not to mention keeping parents from their jobs while they baby sit their kids.

Reactions: HTHog and jtuck33
Numerous pediatricians say keeping kids at home, and isolated from their friends for long periods of time, causes a bigger threat to their health than the virus. Not to mention keeping parents from their jobs while they baby sit their kids.
Also, considering the amount of physical and emotional abuse some kids suffer along with malnutrition being with mom or dad who either don’t work or can’t work is very distressing.

Reactions: pokerpig
Wonder why they would do something so stupid, and why they aren't being held accountable?
No more accountable than De Blasio who has the blood of numerous black people and even infants on his hands. But he paints a good game.

Also, considering the amount of physical and emotional abuse some kids suffer along with malnutrition being with mom or dad who either don’t work or can’t work is very distressing.

I posted something similar to this at one point, as well as the kids that rely on school/ sports as a way out of their current poor situation.

Take that away from them, they have nothing. Gangs, drugs, homelessness will take many more than the china-virus.

Reactions: jtuck33
School re-openings are difficult. I don't know of anyone that wants them closed, but there are concerns with kids that have health problems, or even severe asthma, kids that are raised by grandparents, elderly teachers or teachers that are at risk, and so on. I want my kid in school, and we have chosen the in school option where he attends, but it also means he won't be seeing his great grandparents for a while, and I hate to do that to them, but its necessary as they are both over 80.

On Sunday the education secretary had multiple opportunities in an interview to provide some sort of guidance, and she couldn't do it. She ranged from its "a local decision" to "kids must be in schools." But she never gave a single piece of advice, and the local decision followed a twitter threat last week to pull federal funding for schools that do not open. That's concerning. The president yesterday (?) made a comment to the effect that people not wanting schools open was some sort of conspiracy against him. That's absurd, but its come to be expected. Like masks, this isn't a political issue, and those types of statements only politicize and complicate a decision that is going to take a lot of people to make.

Like many people have said, school openings are important not just because of education, but because so many kids rely on them for food and even parenting / role models. Or in many cases simply as childcare while the parents work. But where are the ideas on the federal level? If local decision making comes with the threat of lost funds, how can a local decision be made? It can't.

Ultimately, this will come down to individual households. Some families are simply not going to send their kid back if they feel it isn't safe to do so.

Maybe pony up for the double platinum membership and you can enjoy censor-free posting, too, you cheap bastard.

Reactions: HTHog
School re-openings are difficult. I don't know of anyone that wants them closed, but there are concerns with kids that have health problems, or even severe asthma, kids that are raised by grandparents, elderly teachers or teachers that are at risk, and so on. I want my kid in school, and we have chosen the in school option where he attends, but it also means he won't be seeing his great grandparents for a while, and I hate to do that to them, but its necessary as they are both over 80.

On Sunday the education secretary had multiple opportunities in an interview to provide some sort of guidance, and she couldn't do it. She ranged from its "a local decision" to "kids must be in schools." But she never gave a single piece of advice, and the local decision followed a twitter threat last week to pull federal funding for schools that do not open. That's concerning. The president yesterday (?) made a comment to the effect that people not wanting schools open was some sort of conspiracy against him. That's absurd, but its come to be expected. Like masks, this isn't a political issue, and those types of statements only politicize and complicate a decision that is going to take a lot of people to make.

Like many people have said, school openings are important not just because of education, but because so many kids rely on them for food and even parenting / role models. Or in many cases simply as childcare while the parents work. But where are the ideas on the federal level? If local decision making comes with the threat of lost funds, how can a local decision be made? It can't.

Ultimately, this will come down to individual households. Some families are simply not going to send their kid back if they feel it isn't safe to do so.
Cliffs for the TLDR folks. He thinks it's up to the parents to decide and then a bunch of anti Trump stuff. He can't help himself.

Cliffs for the TLDR folks. He thinks it's up to the parents to decide and then a bunch of anti Trump stuff. He can't help himself.

If that’s what the intellectually incompetent get out of it, that’s not my problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT