ADVERTISEMENT

Proposal to the mods: A political thread from now until day after election?

I googled it. Appears to be a construction term but I meant like this:
cash3-e1576596886808.jpg
Now all he needs is a stripper pole.

It’s good to maintain some mystery in a relationship.
Ain't that the truth. Mine typically go:

"I promise I'm not a crackhead" and she's a crackhead

Or

"I'm not some cheap slut" and she's a cheap slut

Or

"Money means nothing to me" and she's a cheap slut

Or

"I just want to settle down and have a family" and she's a cheap slut

Ain't that the truth. Mine typically go:

"I promise I'm not a crackhead" and she's a crackhead

Or

"I'm not some cheap slut" and she's a cheap slut

Or

"Money means nothing to me" and she's a cheap slut

Or

"I just want to settle down and have a family" and she's a cheap slut

Looks like you’re only hitting crackhead 25% of the time. So that’s not too bad.

Exactly! There is no way that someone is still undecided and I doubt you'll see any post that says "You know, you may be right and just changed my mind on that subject". People will only double down with their nastiness towards each other.

Amen nobody in the history of forever has convinced someone else to vote their way. It only makes the other person think you're questioning their intelligence. My best friend is a dyed in the wool democrat we never mention politics may send the other one a meme talkn g a shot if its funny but that's the extent of it.

Amigo, I don't think you're going to find a more read-up republican on this board right now than I. I don't mean to brag or assume, but more to say I want more than ever for there to be transparency in elections when lack of transparency has been parroted and fabricated throughout the last 3 1/2 years.

However, again, the Bert just isn't the place for it. It's not like it's censorship, it's just grossly volatile. Volatile to a point of making individuals frustrated at persons they would probably love to have a beer with if they met them.

Perfect example, @MR_ARKANSAS , this guy would probably be one of the people I would want to talk with the most on the board: scientist, hog fan, and obviously connected to the football team as he knows Olajubutu. However, our views on things that are exceptionally volatile have caused friction where, honestly, I assume there is great middle ground.

There is a time and a place for all things, The Bert is just not the place for that conversation. The great thing about the internet, even though some would restrict the information you speak of, there are infinite other places where that data is readily available and readily opined upon.

Cheers.

Tell, tell the part where I get to tend da rabbits George.

Great post. You’re the George to the HawgBert’s Lenny.

Honestly, I agree.

If you want to talk politics, I recommend going to the MB. I understand I made a political jab this morning, but it was in response and not in instigation.

We need to be homies, homies. Watching these SCOTUS hearings it is clear the vilification of society is unfortunately rooted in the media because all of these hearings, while rooted in passion, have been incredibly cordial and respectful.

Man that sure would be awesome...just hop over to tMB

Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
Amen nobody in the history of forever has convinced someone else to vote their way. It only makes the other person think you're questioning their intelligence. My best friend is a dyed in the wool democrat we never mention politics may send the other one a meme talkn g a shot if its funny but that's the extent of it.

I'm very careful as well with some of my friends. I feel that I'm good at being able to have political discussions and not get heated and at the same time really listening to someone else's point of view but geesh there are not many out there that can do that. It's definitely sad that we can't have those type of discussions without the hostility that evolves from it.

I'm very careful as well with some of my friends. I feel that I'm good at being able to have political discussions and not get heated and at the same time really listening to someone else's point of view but geesh there are not many out there that can do that. It's definitely sad that we can't have those type of discussions without the hostility that evolves from it.
You can thank the respective dominant parties in American politics for that. They've turned "You and I disagree about government's role in people's lives" to "IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME, YOU'RE A MURDERER."

Looks like Issue 1 (Sales Tax becomes part of the state constitution) and Issue 2 (Doing away with Term Limits) will both pass.

At least Issue 3 (Making it harder for citizen driven issues to get on the ballot) failed.

Looks like Issue 1 (Sales Tax becomes part of the state constitution) and Issue 2 (Doing away with Term Limits) will both pass.

At least Issue 3 (Making it harder for citizen driven issues to get on the ballot) failed.

Issue 1 is absurd and disappointing. Issue 2 had to have been intentionally misnamed. Issue 3 fortunately died a fiery death.

Issue 1 is absurd and disappointing. Issue 2 had to have been intentionally misnamed. Issue 3 fortunately died a fiery death.

My mom voted yes for it thinking that she was voting to keep term limits in place.

Im sure many people voted yes for the same reason. It was intentional fûckery.

The ballot title was very misleading by calling the proposed amendment the "Arkansas Term Limits Amendment." They've been trying to pass basically this same amendment for years, using the same/similar title which is intended to make the voter believe they are voting to limit the terms of state legislators, not to essentially provide an avenue for extending their terms.

Reactions: RHS_Cyclone
I don't hate having better streets and highways, but I hate that we spent the streets and highway money on other things the past 20 or so years, and are having to pass this issue to create funds for it.

I

I thought you moved off to another state with better roads already?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT