ADVERTISEMENT

Pulaski Academy Fans

Smashmouth2004

Starter
Nov 9, 2002
PA played Highland Park (Dallas) Friday evening and lost 48-42. Both teams are evenly matched but the PA coach went for it on 4th down deep in his territory 3 times that resulted in 3 TD's for HP. The PA coach didn't give his kids a chance to win the game! HP is one of the best teams in the Dallas area and the state. You don't give them a short field all night and expect to win.

You havent been paying attention. PA's coach Kelly has not punted in years, and usually onside kicks after every score. He has defended his approach with stats to support why he does it. I'm a PA grad (79), not a big fan of the system, but it works.

IMO, it only works when you have a far superior team to the opponent. How often have you seen it used in the NFL?

Hobhog, what I was trying to say is that he cost his team a victory because he was stubborn. HP is a VERY GOOD team and you can't pull that bush league stuff on that kind of team.

Totally agree. I am actually shocked they played them that close. (I was born in Highland Park area LONG time ago).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT