ADVERTISEMENT

Punt God Matt Ariza sets multiple records

Wow what a weapon kid can flip the field from anywhere on it.

There was a guy on Reddit from Rutgers talking about their punter being better this year, skill wise. Only had 4 returns with 0 touchbacks I think.

Had an 82 yards today for the Bills.

@Lowcountry Hog

What kind of shit do you read? Does that site put out journalistic masterpieces daily? This is a gem…

‘Bund God’ boots 82-yarder​

“He is not called “Punt God” for nothing. In the final minute of the first half of the Bills and Colts’ preseason opener, rookie quarterback Matt Ariza opened the scoring with a thunderous 82-yarder. It bounced deep into Indy territory before rolling into the end zone for a touchback. Araiza’s punt had an unofficial hang time of 4.23 seconds, according to Athletic.”

I just can’t read or put up with total crap like that.

What kind of shit do you read? Does that site put out journalistic masterpieces daily? This is a gem…

‘Bund God’ boots 82-yarder​

“He is not called “Punt God” for nothing. In the final minute of the first half of the Bills and Colts’ preseason opener, rookie quarterback Matt Ariza opened the scoring with a thunderous 82-yarder. It bounced deep into Indy territory before rolling into the end zone for a touchback. Araiza’s punt had an unofficial hang time of 4.23 seconds, according to Athletic.”

I just can’t read or put up with total crap like that.
Not gonna lie, I just clicked the first article that was about his punt yesterday. The website looked a little sketch but I didn't care.

I swear I'm not doing ohlordy things and reading things from that site.

• Haha
Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
Welp, so much for the ‘Punt God’.

But seriously f&ck this guy and I hope he serves time. And fortunately he should as the age of consent in CA is 18 and if there is >3 years age difference between the parties then it can be charged as felony statutory rape (he was 21 or 22 at the time).

But seriously f&ck this guy and I hope he serves time. And fortunately he should as the age of consent in CA is 18 and if there is >3 years age difference between the parties then it can be charged as felony statutory rape (he was 21 or 22 at the time).
I mean the MFer admitted to the sex and then realized “oh shit, this might be on record” and changed his tune.

I mean the MFer admitted to the sex and then realized “oh shit, this might be on record” and changed his tune.
I mean...the Bills already did a deep dive, and after the deep dive they fired their other punter:

"Due to the serious nature of the complaint, we conducted a thorough examination of this matter. As this is an ongoing civil case, we will have no other comment at this point.”

The reported crimes are awful...but I'll withhold judgment until something of sustenance actually comes out. The supposed crime happened ten months ago and not until 14 days before the season and 7 days after he's guaranteed a lot of money (min salary is $700k), is the lawsuit filed...color me skeptical. It screams, "settle with me."

They reference an "athlete," which is very clearly different from a "football player." So basically, they're quoting a track player or something about hearsay..."Errbody knew about it; therefore, it's true..."

This part also makes no sense...

Araiza, the complaint alleged, confirmed on a call in late October that they had sex and recommended she get tested for a sexually transmitted disease. Later in the conversation, she asked him, “And did we have actual sex?” Araiza allegedly changed his tone and replied, “This is Matt Araiza. I don’t remember anything that happened that night.”

Why in the world, if the police are right beside her would the conversation go like this:

"Did we have sex?"
"Yes, get tested."
"And, did we have actual sex?"

Again, super shady reporting that the second part is quoted, but the first part is not. Why would he "confirm on a call that they had sex," and then she asks moments later, "And did we have actual sex?" My assumption is the first comment was associated with oral sex and using the term "sex" and "actual sex" is the key distinguisher.

If the police had a rape exam, witnesses, texts, etc. showing he did it...and the Bills conducted their examination...there's no way he'd still be on the team and the other punter waived.

End of the day, if he did it, cut of his balls. But, a horribly written smear article by two SJWs using vague terminology and quotes all over the place 10 months after the fact and right before a player's biggest payday of his life definitely doesn't pass the smell test.

I mean...the Bills already did a deep dive, and after the deep dive they fired their other punter:

"Due to the serious nature of the complaint, we conducted a thorough examination of this matter. As this is an ongoing civil case, we will have no other comment at this point.”

The reported crimes are awful...but I'll withhold judgment until something of sustenance actually comes out. The supposed crime happened ten months ago and not until 14 days before the season and 7 days after he's guaranteed a lot of money (min salary is $700k), is the lawsuit filed...color me skeptical. It screams, "settle with me."

They reference an "athlete," which is very clearly different from a "football player." So basically, they're quoting a track player or something about hearsay..."Errbody knew about it; therefore, it's true..."

Araiza, the complaint alleged, confirmed on a call in late October that they had sex and recommended she get tested for a sexually transmitted disease. Later in the conversation, she asked him, “And did we have actual sex?” Araiza allegedly changed his tone and replied, “This is Matt Araiza. I don’t remember anything that happened that night.”

Why in the world, if the police are right beside her would the conversation go like this:

"Did we have sex?"
"Yes, get tested."

Again, super shady reporting that the second part is quoted, but the first part is not. Why would he "confirm on a call that they had sex," and then she asks moments later, "And did we have actual sex?" My assumption is the first comment was associated with oral sex and using the term "sex" and "actual sex" is the key distinguisher.

If the police had a rape exam, witnesses, texts, etc. showing he did it...and the Bills conducted their examination...there's no way he'd still be on the team and the other punter waived.

End of the day, if he did it, cut of his balls. But, a horribly written smear article by two SJWs using vague terminology and quotes all over the place 10 months after the fact and right before a player's biggest payday of his life definitely doesn't pass the smell test.
You don’t tell someone to get tested for STDs if oral sex is all that’s involved….

That ‘coaching’ on behalf of the investigators was obviously to try and make sure that he admitted to actual vaginal penetration and it obviously tipped him off that this was more than a casual phone call. I mean otherwise why would he be like “oh yeah we had sex, get tested” and then be like “wait, new phone, who dis?”.

Well, that’s part of the problem too. This investigation has been going on since well before he was drafted and it looks like SDSU’s football success hampered the speed of the investigation…
This is a unique take…

“Campus officials have said police asked them to not take any action that would compromise their investigation and that they were not required by federal law to send out a crime notification.”

"Did we have sex?"
"Yes, get tested."

And the incident was reported to both the university and the SDPD within a week of it occurring.

Reactions: RHS_Cyclone
This is a unique take…

“Campus officials have said police asked them to not take any action that would compromise their investigation and that they were not required by federal law to send out a crime notification.”
Read Krakauer’s “Missoula”. Lots and lots of controversy regarding the roles and requirements of universities vs. police depts.

And the incident was reported to both the university and the SDPD within a week of it occurring.

So, what you said…”SDSU’s football success hampered the speed of the investigation”…doesn’t make any sense.

The police have had this information for nearly a year, the school was told not to act, and just before he gets paid, she files a civil lawsuit. It’s not like it was the DA who did it, correct?

You don’t tell someone to get tested for STDs if oral sex is all that’s involved….

That ‘coaching’ on behalf of the investigators was obviously to try and make sure that he admitted to actual vaginal penetration and it obviously tipped him off that this was more than a casual phone call. I mean otherwise why would he be like “oh yeah we had sex, get tested” and then be like “wait, new phone, who dis?”.

Can you highlight what you’re emphasizing? Because those images don’t say anything not already said. You can get chlamydia through oral sex…if he committed to “actual sex” she wouldn’t have to ask that question.

Id assume the lawsuit would have the rape exam information…

If there was evidence she was raped and had oral sex with Ariza on the same day, I’d be really, really surprised if the Bills didn’t waive him…he’s a punter…

So, what you said…”SDSU’s football success hampered the speed of the investigation”…doesn’t make any sense.

The police have had this information for nearly a year, the school was told not to act, and just before he gets paid, she files a civil lawsuit. It’s not like it was the DA who did it, correct?
I can’t imagine how frustrating it would be when, despite reporting the incident to police, no criminal charges have been filed almost a year after the incident. Hell yeah I’d file a civil suit if I was this girl’s dad. If the cops aren’t going to do their job, and the University is now throwing their hands up saying “we wanted to investigate while this guy was still a student but the cops told us not to! Now we can’t do anything.” (which is bullshit, they could have taken action and expelled the fvck, which admittedly wouldn’t amount to much), at least we’ll make sure he doesn’t get to enjoy his success!

Reactions: PiggyBlinders
I can’t imagine how frustrating it would be when, despite reporting the incident to police, no criminal charges have been filed almost a year after the incident. Hell yeah I’d file a civil suit if I was this girl’s dad. If the cops aren’t going to do their job, and the University is now throwing their hands up saying “we wanted to investigate while this guy was still a student but the cops told us not to! Now we can’t do anything.” (which is bullshit, they could have taken action and expelled the fvck, which admittedly wouldn’t amount to much), at least we’ll make sure he doesn’t get to enjoy his success!
So you wanted him expelled without any investigation…interesting.

Can you highlight what you’re emphasizing? Because those images don’t say anything not already said. You can get chlamydia through oral sex…if he committed to “actual sex” she wouldn’t have to ask that question.

If there was evidence she was raped and had oral sex with Ariza on the same day, I’d be really, really surprised if the Bills didn’t waive him…he’s a punter…

You’re giving the damn Buffalo Bills a whole lot of leeway here. They took a wait and see approach. When there’s enough backlash they’ll take action. And oral chlamydia is not a thing.

So you wanted him expelled without any investigation…interesting.
It was f$cking investigated!!! He admitted to it. The so-called “Dear Colleagues Letter” from the Dept of Education basically states that the “beyond a reasonable doubt” statute does not apply to campus sexual assault. If a preponderance of evidence suggests an assault took place then a university is well within its rights to expel an offender.

i know you love playing devil’s advocate, dude, but you’re losing bad RN

You’re giving the damn Buffalo Bills a whole lot of leeway here. They took a wait and see approach. When there’s enough backlash they’ll take action. And oral chlamydia is not a thing.
I’m not jumping to “cut off his balls,” like you are. I believe innocent until proven guilty is the saying.

Additionally, the CDC disagrees with you on Chlamydia…

So if a doctor gets it wrong, we’re now to assume that a college punter on the spot should have a full understanding of STD transmission? It’s rare, but possible.

• Haha
It was f$cking investigated!!! He admitted to it. The so-called “Dear Colleagues Letter” from the Dept of Education basically states that the “beyond a reasonable doubt” statute does not apply to campus sexual assault. If a preponderance of evidence suggests an assault took place then a university is well within its rights to expel an offender.

i know you love playing devil’s advocate, dude, but you’re losing bad RN
Honestly, I’m struggling to follow your logic on this one. I’ll play the wait and see on this.

I cant understand why he wasn’t arrested shortly after the call if the age of consent is 18, and he admitted, in front of detectives, to having sex with a minor. Something doesn’t add up. Even in Athens, Adam Anderson, a perennial first round pick on a Georgia team chasing a natty was immediately suspended and removed from the team.

I’m not jumping to “cut off his balls,” like you are. I believe innocent until proven guilty is the saying.

Additionally, the CDC disagrees with you on Chlamydia…

So if a doctor gets it wrong, we’re now to assume that a college punter on the spot should have a full understanding of STD transmission? It’s rare, but possible.

Chlamydia trachomatis pharyngitis is a non-entity and would not be something that would be routinely tested for.

He knew he had sex with her and only backtracked when she tried to make him clarify it.

Honestly, I’m struggling to follow your logic on this one. I’ll play the wait and see on this.
Individual universities don’t want to be seen as risk zones for rape. Additionally university athletic departments don’t want to risk positive attention brought on by popular student athletes by having to suspend them while they are bringing said positive attention. So if they have an out (“the police told us to stop investigating”) that they can take up until the point where they are no longer able to pursue disciplinary action against the student athlete (because he has left the institution), why wouldn’t they take that out?

I cant understand why he wasn’t arrested shortly after the call if the age of consent is 18, and he admitted, in front of detectives, to having sex with a minor. Something doesn’t add up. Even in Athens, Adam Anderson, a perennial first round pick on a Georgia team chasing a natty was immediately suspended and removed from the team.
Because Anderson turned himself in and was criminally charged 12 days after the assault took place.

And the SDPD for unclear (but unfortunately very common) reasons has dragged their feet on bringing any criminal charges.

The only rational thought process is the state of California colluded with a MAC school to make the Frisco Bowl and the Bills will burn their reputation to the ground, in a VERY blue state, for a punter…Additonally, it’s the university’s fault for not further doing an investigation, when they were told not to by the police conducting the investigation, on an allegation brought forth by someone with no association to the university.

Because Anderson turned himself in and was criminally charged 12 days after the assault took place.

And the SDPD for unclear (but unfortunately very common) reasons has dragged their feet on bringing any criminal charges.
Took nine months for the SDPD to complete their criminal investigation. Was just submitted to prosecutors 3 weeks ago.

Reactions: P1Hawg
The only rational thought process is the state of California colluded with a MAC school to make the Frisco Bowl and the Bills will burn their reputation to the ground, in a VERY blue state, for a punter…Additonally, it’s the university’s fault for not further doing an investigation, when they were told not to by the police conducting the investigation, on an allegation brought forth by someone with no association to the university.
This is utter horseshit and you 100% know it. I used to respect your opinions but you’ve shown your colors here.

Took nine months for the SDPD to complete their criminal investigation. Was just submitted to prosecutors 3 weeks ago.

That article is interesting. I imagine this time tomorrow people will be asking who the other players are and what and when exactly Brady Hoke knew….seems very Bayloresque.

I was surprised when Stout and Camarda were taken in the fourth round well ahead of him, and I am curious if the Ravens and Bucs knew about this and didn’t want to draft him.

Reactions: mcbmd

So….the state has had it for nearly a month…completely done…all evidence provided…and hasn’t filed charges? If, to your previous comment, he “already admitted to it,” wouldn’t be be in jail? Like, already? Or a warrant out for his arrest?

I don’t know the ins and outs of the legal proceedings like you do, if I confessed to stabbing Billy…in writing…and then Billy died later that evening…the state just lets me play football for a month?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT