ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Quotes from Louisiana Tech HC & Ethan Bates on DVH, Hagen Smith

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021
This is via our La. Tech Rivals site BleedTechBlue

Head Coach Lane Burroughs:

- There’s going to be a lot of storylines in this regional. I’ve worked for Dave Van Horn at NSU, Andy Sawyer is the HC at SEMO & he played for Van Horn, he replaced me at Kansas State. I coached at Kansas State, and Mitch Gaspard coached at Kansas State. And obviously our Player of the Year Ethan Bates played at Arkansas.

- Sawyer is also a great coach at SEMO, and Arkansas is Arkansas. You’re going to have to bow up and face great arms against Arkansas. I don’t know if there is such thing as a good or bad draw, there are only 64 left playing and they are all pretty good. The fact we are still playing is what matters.

- They (Arkansas) really pitch, might have #1 pick in draft with Smith. I don’t know if we’ll see him, but he’s not the only one. They pitch at a high level. They like to run and bunt, but they have some power. They’ll play a different style of game when they have to. Van Horn is a good coach, he does it quietly. All he does is win. The go to Omaha almost every year, teams are so high quality. I have so much respect for him. We are just excited to be in a regional.

RHP/DH Ethan Bates

- Really excited. Get to go back home, see a bunch of old friends. Will be a good time to get back in the state of Arkansas.

- All year we’ve been so motivated as seniors. Just run in there with a chip on your shoulder.

- It’s awesome to go to a regional, it’s what I came here for. They hosted in 2021. It’s a dream come true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News