ADVERTISEMENT

Real "Common Sense" for a change

As an avowed liberal, guess what. I agree with the Prime Minister.

And I would add: In America if we made it illegal to hire an illegal immigrant, they would quit coming here. But here in Georgia, one of the most profound conservative groups around, the farm industry, is the one that hires the most of the illegals. When it came down to it, the cheap labor defeated the immigration restrictions the state passed two years ago and now the farm lobby wants to amend the law to help them hire cheap labor.

So how do we fix things?

Have the next Republican President sign an Executive order that makes the

penalty for hiring ANYONE without proper and matching SSN and photo ID a crime whose penalty is $5,000,000 and 10 years in prison per offense.

Probolem solved and it also ends dead-beat parents and other criminals on the lam who skip state and start over under phony names and fake SSNs

Re: Have the next Republican President sign an Executive order that makes the

With your system, I guarantee there would not be a single illegal cross our border.
The trouble is, we cannot get Congress to even make it a 10,000 dollar fine. But I have claimed for years that if we stopped hiring them, they would quit coming.

And of course, the President cannot do that. It would require Congress to act and they are bought and paid for by people like ADM and ConAgra and Tyson among others.

This post was edited on 1/25 8:03 AM by bobhawg

Would be best if Congress acted.

But declaring it a national security issue, fearing terrorism infiltration under the George Bush FUBAR Homeland Security's responsibility, he could act

But there won't be anything done for America. Big Business wants them to keep wages down. democrats want therm to get on welfare and vote democrat.

You quit GIVING illegals money, food, healthcare, housing, phones, etc....and like you said, fines and jail time.

As for cheap labor....we have the world's largest inmate population....you put the non-violent ones to WORK so they can PAY THEIR DEBT TO SOCIETY......unlike the powered-butt baby-sitting they get now. They don't need, weight rooms, soccer fields, basketball courts, etc.....they need to WORK and WORK HARD....learn a skill and be educated in some way. But no frills or fun.....they aren't in timeout for not taking out the trash, scratching the car, talking back to a parent, or chewing gum in study hall....they broke the law. This is where plenty of cheap labor can be found.....cheaper than even hiring illegals. Not only would we save BILLIONS from illegals leaving our country, we would save by able bodied prisoners working to offset so much of our tax money having to go to prisons.

And for the ones doing life or on death row for murder.....time to send em to their Creator.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT