ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Rumor Mill: Arkansas target Darius Acuff Jr. at Peach Jam

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021
From Rob Cassidy

ACUFF SAYS LITTLE, BUT ARKANSAS REMAINS CONFIDENT​

Darius Acuff Jr. was coy about his college recruitment on Sunday to say the very least, The five-star guard stuck one-word answers and seemed a bit put off by being asked about his commitment timetable.

During a short interview, the Detroit-born star refused to rule out the possibility of taking additional visits and said very little about his options.

“I’m just weighing my options,” Acuff said on Sunday. “I haven’t made my decision on anything … even on visits.”

Others in the know around the gym, however, had more to say about the situation. The chatter in Augusta is that Acuff could be officially off the board in the next month or so, and that Arkansas remains firmly in the driver's seat heading into the final stretch. Kansas technically remains alive in Acuff’s recruitment, but everything seems to be pointing to Fayetteville at this juncture. Acuff has not officially announced a timetable for a decision, but it’s starting to feel as though his recruitment will meet its end well before the calendar flips to September.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.