ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Relationships a main factor in four-star linebacker DJ Barber's recruitment

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019

The state of Alabama has been kind to Arkansas the last few recruiting cycles, as the Hogs have brought in six recruits in the classes of 2023 and 2024 combined so far.

Another one could be in the works too, as four-star linebacker DJ Barber made his way to Arkansas for an official visit with the Razorbacks over the weekend.

The Pinson, Alabama, native said the visit overall went well and he felt welcome in Fayetteville.

"I had a great time up here with the Arkansas staff and some of the players," Barber said. "They made me feel welcome up here. It made me feel like it's really hard to not choose them."

Arkansas and Georgia Tech are the only two schools Barber has taken official visits to, but he said the three schools he's down to are Arkansas, Auburn and Ole Miss.

A decision should come "sometime soon," Barber said.

The most important part of the recruiting process for Barber, he said, is the overall relationship with the program.

"You're picking somewhere you want to be for the next three to five years of your life," Barber said. "You want to make sure you're somewhere that has good people, good morals and you've got good relationship so you enjoy coming in to work for them every day."

Barber said the coaching staff would plan to use him as a middle linebacker should he decide to come to Arkansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News